Jump to content
IGNORED

Basement Rovers dustbin thread


42nite
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, nebristolred said:

Considering Ipswich was reportedly £40m, with their assets, fanbase difference, and 2-division head start compared to the sags, even £20m for the sags is beyond delusional.

As Rob says, what would you get for £20M? Fark all as I see it. A shite, worthless playing squad, a stadium with charges against it up to it's value (so £0 then) and the name of a tatty little basement football club which is losing money hand over fist.

£20M? Sounds a bargain! 🤔😜 🤪

Edited by Ska Junkie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, OneCity said:

Yep, and I wish it was more too.

We can take the mickey out of the sags all day long saying, where have their thousands of loyal and true disappeared to? But in our 70s pomp we could boast close to 40k for the big games, so where did they all go?

Whereas a large portion of potential next gen Rovers fans will be more attracted by the bright lights of Ashton Gate than the gloom of a scrubby allotment in Horfield (and who could possibly blame them), it is also true, unfortunately, that a portion of potential new City fans have been lost to the big Prem glamour boys like Liverpool and Chelsea and Man City and so on. Because in the same period of time - the last thirty years - we have hardly covered Bristol in glory.

Sorry but two or three games aside that 40,000 stuff is bollocks.

Dig out a book and look at our attendances in the top flight, I can remember a few games with barely 15,000 of us there & 20,000 being very good for us & that is well before we started our fall.

Our gates then fell off a cliff, I can recall Championship standard games in crowds of 6000.

It was built back up under the Cooper & Jordan era but dropped again under Osman.

Our support in the last few years has been absolutely amazing, partially because anyone moving here & interested in watching football is only going in one direction.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

As Rob says, what would you get for £20M? Fark all as I see it. A shite, worthless playing squad, a stadium with charges against it up to it's value (so £0 then) and the name of a tatty little basement football club which is losing money hand over fist.

£20M? Sounds a bargain! 🤔😜 🤪

As time goes by I’m more and more convinced that Nick Higgs is a mastermind genius. When he was in charge, the club had debt he couldn’t afford to repay, the ground was decrepit and the squad was worthless. In other words a club with zero value. Yet, somehow, he managed to find someone to buy the club from him! 

  • Hmmm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

As time goes by I’m more and more convinced that Nick Higgs is a mastermind genius. When he was in charge, the club had debt he couldn’t afford to repay, the ground was decrepit and the squad was worthless. In other words a club with zero value. Yet, somehow, he managed to find someone to buy the club from him! 

Either that or WAQ is a blundering imbecile! 

Higgs must have laughed his head off when he saw him coming. What an idiot! 

'Geoff, this bloke wants to take over'

'For a wind up, see if he will buy it off you'?

'LOOL, £5M Geoff, what a belter, I would have just given it to him.'

 

I have no idea if WAQ actually paid for the swamp dwellers or not BTW.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

As Rob says, what would you get for £20M? Fark all as I see it. A shite, worthless playing squad, a stadium with charges against it up to it's value (so £0 then) and the name of a tatty little basement football club which is losing money hand over fist.

£20M? Sounds a bargain! 🤔😜 🤪

Just like Bury, they will end up being sold for £1.

The Mem will end up being turned into a housing estate and the Sags will have to reform on the downs with their 20-30 faithful and true watching from the pavements.....unless it is raining, then they won't be bothered and just stay in the pub getting hammered, reminiscing about their Tote-End days and telling stories of how they were loved all over the country. 

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gert Mare said:

Just like Bury, they will end up being sold for £1.

The Mem will end up being turned into a housing estate and the Sags will have to reform on the downs with their 20-30 faithful and true watching from the pavements.....unless it is raining, then they won't be bothered and just stay in the pub getting hammered, reminiscing about their Tote-End days and telling stories of how they were loved all over the country. 

Dribbling over those smash and grab days

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

Just like Bury, they will end up being sold for £1.

The Mem will end up being turned into a housing estate and the Sags will have to reform on the downs with their 20-30 faithful and true watching from the pavements.....unless it is raining, then they won't be bothered and just stay in the pub getting hammered, reminiscing about their Tote-End days and telling stories of how they were loved all over the country. 

Call me impatient; but how long do I have to wait for this monumentous day?

  • Haha 1
  • Robin 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

Wally would probably accept £5m just to get some money back I feel. 

But when you need to put in £30m+ for a stadium that isn't even in the planning stage you would question who would want to buy them. 

Not even in the planning stage ?? I'll have you know it's due to open in August..that's what Wally told them so it must be true 😃👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, weepywall said:

Not even in the planning stage ?? I'll have you know it's due to open in August..that's what Wally told them so it must be true 😃👍

nearly finished so ive been told just the seat numbers and the new santas grotto to be fitted and thats it. 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jim Davey said:

nearly finished so ive been told just the seat numbers and the new santas grotto to be fitted and thats it. 

Amazing how such a major construction project slap bang in the middle of Bristol has been undertaken with such little disruption - it`s almost as if nothing`s been going on at all.

Well done to all concerned.

  • Haha 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Amazing how such a major construction project slap bang in the middle of Bristol has been undertaken with such little disruption - it`s almost as if nothing`s been going on at all.

Well done to all concerned.

It’s been going on for a LONG time as well.

I seem to remember way back in 2013 at the JPT derby match they were singing “we’ve got our staydee-uum” for at least 30 seconds before continuing their 90 minutes sponsored silence.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Admin
1 hour ago, Mr Yoda said:

Gold level belter....

 

Screenshot_20210602-202055~2.png

I mean putting aside Barton having the worst points haul of the four managers they had last season let’s talk about that stadium issue:

Even if a deal to buy the land tomorrow was announced it would probably take 12 months to complete the deal and everyone at the site to move elsewhere.

Then we move onto planning and initial public consultations, environmental impact assessments

Getting planning approved

Signing off 106 agreements.

Putting the work out to tender

Financing it which probably rests on selling the Mem and getting planning permission on there as means of an enabling development.

Finalising it all and work beginning..

3 years if it all runs smoothly. 
 

#gaslogic = it’ll all be done in 12 months 

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TomF said:

I mean putting aside Barton having the worst points haul of the four managers they had last season let’s talk about that stadium issue:

Even if a deal to buy the land tomorrow was announced it would probably take 12 months to complete the deal and everyone at the site to move elsewhere.

Then we move onto planning and initial public consultations, environmental impact assessments

Getting planning approved

Signing off 106 agreements.

Putting the work out to tender

Financing it which probably rests on selling the Mem and getting planning permission on there as means of an enabling development.

Finalising it all and work beginning..

3 years if it all runs smoothly. 
 

#gaslogic = it’ll all be done in 12 months 

 

 

And if it isn't, it's Councils/Lansdowns fault.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, TomF said:

I mean putting aside Barton having the worst points haul of the four managers they had last season let’s talk about that stadium issue:

Even if a deal to buy the land tomorrow was announced it would probably take 12 months to complete the deal and everyone at the site to move elsewhere.

Then we move onto planning and initial public consultations, environmental impact assessments

Getting planning approved

Signing off 106 agreements.

Putting the work out to tender

Financing it which probably rests on selling the Mem and getting planning permission on there as means of an enabling development.

Finalising it all and work beginning..

3 years if it all runs smoothly. 
 

#gaslogic = it’ll all be done in 12 months 

 

 

You can add completion of the detailed design, agreement of contract documents/engrossment of contracts (it will no doubt surprise the Gas hordes that a "successful" Contractor will negotiate on Contract terms and amendments notwithstanding the fact they have been handed the chance on a plate to build a stadium for the Worlds most loved club) and a period for contractor mobilisation (it will no doubt disappoint a few in #gaslogicland but they don't just turn up with their site offices, Bob the Site Manager and a digger the day after you tell them they have been successful in the tender).

You would think that on an "average football club forum" there would be someone or many on there who "have a job" or maybe some experience of the construction industry that might be able to put them right when they spout this absolute guff but it doesn't appear to be the case on theirs and that extends to their Owner not just the horse punching, glass butting, boob cricket internationals that follow them. "Yes, we will be building in a year............because it sounds impressive and I said so"......... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

You can add completion of the detailed design, agreement of contract documents/engrossment of contracts (it will no doubt surprise the Gas hordes that a "successful" Contractor will negotiate on Contract terms and amendments notwithstanding the fact they have been handed the chance on a plate to build a stadium for the Worlds most loved club) and a period for contractor mobilisation (it will no doubt disappoint a few in #gaslogicland but they don't just turn up with their site offices, Bob the Site Manager and a digger the day after you tell them they have been successful in the tender).

Contractors wouldn’t negotiate terms. Just being told they had won the right to build the Stadium of S**te would bring, honour, prestige, fame and riches beyond the dreams of avarice alone!  Negotiate! Pah!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

"Yes, we will be building in a year...........

Wael-he-Quixote also channeled his inner Kevin Costner adding:

"If I say I'll build it they will come..." though I may have misunderstood the last bit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The title was changed to Basement Rovers dustbin thread

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...