IGNORED

Basement Rovers dustbin thread

42nite

6 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

"I’m looking forward to hopefully getting Bristol Rovers back where they belong and even higher"- So back where they belong is non-league and then back up again?

"I’m looking forward to it, but the past is the past and we’re looking to the future now." - Makes no sense at all, he'll fit right in.

I can`t believe the bloke`s come back after being there earlier in his `career`. You`d think once you`d escaped the clutches of the loyal and true once you`d make bloody sure you kept well away in future.

48 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Was that before or after Hitler saved them from relegation out of the Football League?

Never in danger of relegation out of the league. It was a vote of the clubs and even in those days, everyone loved them.

Just booked next year’s holiday in Spain with my mate who owns a villa. During our conversation ( his son is a professional footballer) that rovers (Joey in his words) were the first club to come in for him. Happy to say he has now signed for a club in the north of England. :yes:

36 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Just booked next year’s holiday in Spain with my mate who owns a villa. During our conversation ( his son is a professional footballer) that rovers (Joey in his words) were the first club to come in for him. Happy to say he has now signed for a club in the north of England. :yes:

Who’d have thought that Jadon Sancho’s dad has a Spanish holiday villa for let?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I can`t believe the bloke`s come back after being there earlier in his `career`. You`d think once you`d escaped the clutches of the loyal and true once you`d make bloody sure you kept well away in future.

Occasionally, something is so bad, that you can't stop yourself going back for a second look - he'll learn eventually. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I see they've signed another no-mark, this time from Palace, Welsh U-21 (well he's Welsh and got a pair of boots) spent time on loan to...........Barry Town....crackin'  !

0_WhatsApp-Image-2021-07-09-at-093607jpe

That expression does not scream "proud to be a gashead" (or even prowed to be a gashead)

More like fear of a career going down the drain

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cityal said:

That expression does not scream "proud to be a gashead" (or even prowed to be a gashead)

His agent/father behind the camera mouthing 'BE HAPPY'.

2 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Luke someone or another has signed on a season loan from Barnsley. JB says he shows we mean business, a great talent..................er, ONE goal in 58 starts, impressive !  :laughcont:

Did they need a new keeper..? 

He must be a keeper, right..?! 

• Haha 3

On 09/07/2021 at 13:30, cityal said:

Cringeworthy in that cheap tat kit with that stupid badge which looks like something from Thunderbirds. You can almost see the strings attached to the dummy.

Why do they make all of their new recruits hold up that rediculous scarf. It's like the final part of the initiation ceremony. Then again if you're that desperate and have no shame you'd do almost anything I suppose.

• Like 1

If ever you needed to see what a loser looks like . . .

The accounts have been filed for the football club; though are still outstanding and overdue for the Memorial Stadium and BRFC 1883 which is the holding company of both.

This is to June 2020 so the year before last missing most of Covid's financial effects.

The loss is down year on year from £3.3m to £2.4m.

More importantly WAQ has followed the Lansdowns in capitalising debt to the order of about £15m in teh football club meaning that the net liabilities have massively fallen from £15.9m to £1.8m which looks a lot healthier.

I have no idea what his personal wealth is but Rovers no longer look the time-limited financial basket case they did when they were being funded by a rapidly exhausing credit facility secured by a charge on the ground.

This last season - the season of the three managers and no spectators through Covid - will be much worse as it will be for all football clubs.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00051828/filing-history

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"I must have been a right bastard in a previous life"

22 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Melksham 1-1 Pikeys

Barnet 3-0 Pikeys

Early days, but not a great start..

"Yeah but no one counts preseason" or w/e they are saying over there. 

Preseason is going to be massively important when you've signed all those players. It doesn't matter if you're "getting your fitness back" a decent pre season can get you a good start of the season. 

• The title was changed to Basement Rovers dustbin thread