IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

10 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Incidentally mods, the entire 2547 page thread now seems to be called Brett Pitman.

Shome mishtake shurely...

It is a mistake, but bit harsh blaming Shirley :yes:

apologies to Airplane ? 

Edited by 1960maaan
  • Like 1

Pompey released him because he was lazy, Sheriden always blasted him for his fitness and being over weight and mainly used him as a sub as he simply dosen't run for the team. You guys definitely had the best out of him but at his age he's easily marked out of the game and then contributes very little. Think of him now like a Steve Claridge just hanging around the six yard box!

Quality player in his time and much under-rated. One of the few really instinctive, natural goal scorers we’ve had in modern times. Maybe not the greatest athlete but had the knack of being in the right place and that calmness in front of goal that you can’t teach. 

Hopefully, now well past it and now can replace Mark Little in the role of dragging them backwards to the National League.

You know your mission Brett. Good luck son.

29 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Pompey released him because he was lazy, Sheriden always blasted him for his fitness and being over weight and mainly used him as a sub as he simply dosen't run for the team. You guys definitely had the best out of him but at his age he's easily marked out of the game and then contributes very little. Think of him now like a Steve Claridge just hanging around the six yard box!

Not sure about his weight and fitness but the rest of it sounds pretty familiar from his time with us...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Shame, apparently very, very highly rated as a finisher, but just didn't do enough outside of the box. No doubt he'll get a warm welcome once the Fewers drag their knuckles off the floor.

Some of his headers for City, Bornemouth & Pompey were top notch but he's just too slow and immobile for the modern game  

• The title was changed to The Bristol Rovers dustbin thread
1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

New rug!  Skin it off man, you’ve lost a lot of dignity signing for them, but don’t lose it all with Prince William Denial Syndrome!  I was a sufferer until last year when I skinned my hair off, I’m a new man!

First thing I noticed.  Wonder if he does those hair transplants ads, like Darren Gough?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• The title was changed to Basement Rovers dustbin thread
9 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

At the end of life, there may well be a choice of Heaven, Hell or Purgatory.  This does not look like Heaven - so the real question should be: Is in Hell or Purgatory?

So, if we are talking camping afterlife. Heaven must be a 5 star glamping set up with large double sheet tent, en suit toilets, power feed, wi-fi, decking, jacuzzi and teak crafted patio set and full field kitchen.... Purgatory: a pitch with power feed, shed with fridge freezer, clean good quality aluminium patio set, parasol and single sheet frame tent.... Hell: open fronted tent, random poor quality white plastic chairs and a bit of 2x2 with some cracked corrugated plastic sheeting randomly erected.....

I think that's pretty clear

2 minutes ago, adamski said:

So, if we are talking camping afterlife. Heaven must be a 5 star glamping set up with large double sheet tent, en suit toilets, power feed, wi-fi, decking, jacuzzi and teak crafted patio set and full field kitchen.... Purgatory: a pitch with power feed, shed with fridge freezer, clean good quality aluminium patio set, parasol and single sheet frame tent.... Hell: open fronted tent, random poor quality white plastic chairs and a bit of 2x2 with some cracked corrugated plastic sheeting randomly erected.....

I think that's pretty clear

If Dante were alive today I’m sure he would update his Divine Comedy to include a 10th circle of hell; Signing for the Rovers.

• Haha 3
  • Flames 1

Could be a great signing for the Gas, but then if they're expecting him to put a shift in, they'll be sorely disappointed!

As for Pitman himself, did he really have no other options!? Signing for that lot, means he has one foot in the retirement home....

Also makes me laugh that they won't deal with us (they're loss entirely - can't remember the last time they had anyone half decent.....oh yeah Taylor ?), but are quite happy to sign our ex players from other clubs who are, to be fair, a few years past their sell by date!

Edited by Taz

20 minutes ago, Taz said:

Could be a great signing for the Gas, but then if they're expecting him to put a shift in, they'll be sorely disappointed!

As for Pitman himself, did he really have no other options!? Signing for that lot, means he has one foot in the retirement home....

Also makes me laugh that they won't deal with us (they're loss entirely - can't remember the last time they had anyone half decent.....oh yeah Taylor ?), but are quite happy to sign our ex players from other clubs who are, to be fair, a few years past their sell by date!

You have to be mindful of the fact that when we signed him, he had the chance of Premier League football but a lack of ambition meant he didn't fancy mixing it with the big boys.

I am fairly drunk, but equally fairly sure his other option was Blackpool*.

Nothing says committed more than looking for the easy option.

*probably have the entirely wrong.

• Like 1