IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

On 31/07/2021 at 19:30, weepywall said:

"We're all having a party when Matty Taylor is dead" dear oh dear, in all my years of watching football and visiting grounds all over the country I've never heard anything like that being sung by fans, they really are the weirdest bunch of fans, they never cease to amaze. 

You obviously didn’t attend our games against Cardiff in the early 70’s then!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bristolmoose said:

He won't delete it, he'll release a statement intending to apologise which will somehow end up sounding much worse.

“I refuse to comment further on the fact that I wished a banned racist happy birthday, however I would like to point out that Bristol Rovers FC believe that goose stepping down Gloucester Road and verbally abusing children is a victimless crime IF the child doesn’t press charges”

• Like 1

It seems strange that Wael has sent out this personal message on a day that should be momentous for gasheads as a whole. I guess it just shows what a personal touch the lovely man has, to be discussing a random birthday when he surely has a huge announcement to make. 

Yes, ladies and gentlemen (and you @Rudolf Hucker), it is now two years since Wael of Fortune made the almost unbelievable statement that Bristol Rovers would be playing in a plush new stadium positioned neatly on the footprint of the wholesale fruit market.

I decided I would take it upon myself to assess the place, I have in the past run SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats) analysis on opposition to companies I have worked for, so felt well placed to give you all a rundown on this "Wembley of the West".

Unfortunately, I fell at the first hurdle, despite being a Bedminster boy born and bred, and also living for 10 years in St Annes, I must have been hopelessly lost as I was unable to locate the stadium, routes to it, or even any sign of development in the area.

I really think that, for what is presumably a large investment, they should really advertise better and invest in some road signs.

There is a Go Outdoors up by the Lodeka pub, but I am sure this is just a coincidence.

Anyway, if any of you have greater luck, please point me in the right direction for next time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

“I refuse to comment further on the fact that I wished a banned racist happy birthday, however I would like to point out that Bristol Rovers FC believe that goose stepping down Gloucester Road and verbally abusing children is a victimless crime IF the child doesn’t press charges”

Forgot the NDA.

8 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

It seems strange that Wael has sent out this personal message on a day that should be momentous for gasheads as a whole. I guess it just shows what a personal touch the lovely man has, to be discussing a random birthday when he surely has a huge announcement to make. 

Yes, ladies and gentlemen (and you @Rudolf Hucker), it is now two years since Wael of Fortune made the almost unbelievable statement that Bristol Rovers would be playing in a plush new stadium positioned neatly on the footprint of the wholesale fruit market.

I decided I would take it upon myself to assess the place, I have in the past run SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats) analysis on opposition to companies I have worked for, so felt well placed to give you all a rundown on this "Wembley of the West".

Unfortunately, I fell at the first hurdle, despite being a Bedminster boy born and bred, and also living for 10 years in St Annes, I must have been hopelessly lost as I was unable to locate the stadium, routes to it, or even any sign of development in the area.

I really think that, for what is presumably a large investment, they should really advertise better and invest in some road signs.

There is a Go Outdoors up by the Lodeka pub, but I am sure this is just a coincidence.

Anyway, if any of you have greater luck, please point me in the right direction for next time.

I think it can only be accessed through the back of Wally’s wardrobe. 

• Haha 5

On 31/07/2021 at 19:30, weepywall said:

"We're all having a party when Matty Taylor is dead" dear oh dear, in all my years of watching football and visiting grounds all over the country I've never heard anything like that being sung by fans, they really are the weirdest bunch of fans, they never cease to amaze. 

We had a song with a lyric about Mike Barrett which shameful. Although that was in the 1990s, I'd like to think it wouldn't happen now.

Edited by RedEd73
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Red Shadow said:

Hard to believe some of ours saw fit to do that. The Aberfan chant was vile too. Hope ours never stoop that low again.

Although this does not excuse the actions of our fans the gas retaliated by booing throughout the minutes silence for our then chairman Des Williams at the Louis Donowa derby game.

1 hour ago, Busterrimes said:

Although this does not excuse the actions of our fans the gas retaliated by booing throughout the minutes silence for our then chairman Des Williams at the Louis Donowa derby game.

Shameful, made worse because other Rovers supporters were telling those who started the booing to shut up - which only added to the noise.  I didn't really care about the result that evening.

I don't think there's any moral ground to be gained by either club with regards to this sort of thing, unfortunately we both have history.  Rovers were also guilty of the Aberfan chant, as I'm sure other clubs were at the time. 

• Like 9

53 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Shameful, made worse because other Rovers supporters were telling those who started the booing to shut up - which only added to the noise.  I didn't really care about the result that evening.

I don't think there's any moral ground to be gained by either club with regards to this sort of thing, unfortunately we both have history.  Rovers were also guilty of the Aberfan chant, as I'm sure other clubs were at the time. 

I just want to say I really enjoy your posts. They are sane sensible and reasoned. We may support rivals but they are fair minded.

Unfortunately I have so agree with you as both clubs had a rather bad reputation with a minority which was not helped with a sheep mentality of people following.

Edited by Busterrimes
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, myol'man said:

Cardiff did come back with 'Axbridge' mind.

Pretty grim all round really ?

True. Different attitudes then I reckon. If any sort of disaster resulting in multiple loss of life happened now I don't think many football fans would join in a chant to goad the opposition.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, red from the blue side said:

The latest tinpotness

Reading the responsibilities for the ‘unpaid internship’ doesn’t add up… 

Why would you have all those skills required only to work for free….

What planet is he on?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Nothing screams "elite" and "professional" more than expecting someone to work for free to set up your entire data analysis department. 

typical of that club, never want to pay for anything themselves (that reminds me, how is their new stadium coming along......)

could also be illegal to not pay them 
https://targetjobs.co.uk/internships/advice/275017-the-law-on-unpaid-internships-know-your-rights

By law, employers have to pay their interns the national minimum wage if:

• the intern has a contract outlining that the nature of the work they will do, this can be written or verbal
  • the intern is required to turn up to work, even if they don’t want to
  • the employer has to have work for them to do
  • the intern is promised a work contract in future.

Edited by exAtyeoMax

10 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

But you are right he’s been awful for rovers so far. 

Many people in football have taken the challenge to obliterate the Gas, Darrel Clarke nearly did it and Joey Barton is well on the way lately signing up players on big contracts as befits the Basement Barcelona.

The Rovers are like a stubborn turd that just won’t flush.

• Haha 1