Jump to content
IGNORED

Basement Rovers dustbin thread


42nite

Recommended Posts

Full respect to the sag fans for calling him out on domestic abuse charges. No one should ever have to be assaulted whether that's domestically or not.

I do feel a bit sorry for them because he does seem to be constantly dragging their name through the mud and it seems like there's a new court date every other month. 

He is not just a stain on their club, he's a stain on the city of Bristol and a stain on football he should never be allowed to manage every again or even play at an amateur level for the dog and duck pub. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Mr Hankey said:

His brother commited one of the most wretched murders in modern history, yet not too many people are aware of it unfortunately. Hideous family, wouldn’t shed a single tear for any death of that lot, all rotten to the core are the Bartons.

I wasn’t aware of it until someone mentioned his brother in this thread , absolutely twisted in the head that family 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On Gaschat somebody pointed out that he’s  had only one less court appearance than wins as manager!

Taking to one side JB the person, his record as manager at Rovers was awful, he had more than enough time to steady the ship last season if he was as good as he thinks/says he is, but spent 17 games or whatever it was blaming the previous managers, the players etc etc.

For Wael to then give him authority to sign players and start a new revolution seemed insane, as he certainly hasn’t proved he has the ability to do it.  His position now is surely untenable, the players will have no respect for him as a manager or a person.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Mr Hankey said:

His brother commited one of the most wretched murders in modern history, yet not too many people are aware of it unfortunately. Hideous family, wouldn’t shed a single tear for any death of that lot, all rotten to the core are the Bartons.

I thought it was his cousin. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

Full respect to the sag fans for calling him out on domestic abuse charges. No one should ever have to be assaulted whether that's domestically or not.

I do feel a bit sorry for them because he does seem to be constantly dragging their name through the mud and it seems like there's a new court date every other month. 

He is not just a stain on their club, he's a stain on the city of Bristol and a stain on football he should never be allowed to manage every again or even play at an amateur level for the dog and duck pub. 

Yes it’s good to see them call it the way it should be. But feel sorry for them no chance they were happy enough to overlook his past grievances and his other court case he has coming up. Unfortunately for them it was inevitable something else would come along with that cretin in charge 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can tell from the language he uses that Barton has had all the CBT and Counselling going and ultimately it doesn’t seem to make any difference once the fuse is lit in his head. DV isn’t often charged without the victim’s assistance so, similar to the Danny Simpson case a number of years back, there must be evidence that the CPS believe to be compelling. The Few surely have to suspend him?

Edited by Numero Uno
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You have to feel that if he pleads or is found guilty of this latest charge then Rovers must get rid of him

You can’t have a man in charge who has been found guilty of assault charges?

My guess he will plead not guilty and it will go to Crown Court

Still needs to be sacked though 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

I think we have to be a bit careful in claiming the high ground here? It sounds like his wife isn't pressing charges which makes it similar to the Danny Simpson case. Obviously with Barton being the manager rather than 'just' a player, that makes it a bit different and Simpson wasn't employed by City at the time of the offence and the conviction was spent but hitting a woman is the same regardless of who the perpetrator is.

I would imagine that he'll be put on gardening leave at the very least until it reaches court but isn't domestic violence difficult to prosecute if the victim doesn't want to press charges?

Looking like another huge error in judgment by Wael though, it's not as if this has come out of the blue (no pun intended) with Barton's past convictions and certainly adds to the circus over there.

 

Similar but not the same. DS is on his second chance in life (I realise there are many on here who don’t believe in second chances and rehabilitation at all) and it would APPEAR that he is at least making the right noises and efforts to ensure he doesn’t have to appear before a judge again.

Barton seems to be one of those people in life that requires periodic police intervention culminating in appearances in court that compared to a “normal” person can only be described as regular. Based on what we know the guy is just a nasty piece of work.

It’s not about taking moral high ground. The bloke is charged and should be suspended, sacked without pay if found guilty. Alternatively Rovers could sack him with compensation NOW if they feel reputational damage is too great but I would doubt that will happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s a against his wife who’s since been uploading photos of him saying how amazing he is will be thrown out court “she did not phone police “ police obviously saw it was joey Barton and went ahead and charged him because of his previous HE CANT EVEN FART AND THEY TRY TO LOCK HIM UP GIVE THE BLOKE A BREAK INNOCENT TILL PROVEN GUILTY WORRY ABOUT IT THEN

Edited by Banned User
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Banned User said:

It’s a against his wife who’s since been uploading photos of him saying how amazing he is will be thrown out court “she did not phone police “ police obviously saw it was joey Barton and went ahead and charged him because of his previous HE CANT EVEN FART AND THEY TRY TO LOCK HIM UP GIVE THE BLOKE A BREAK INNOCENT TILL PROVEN GUILTY WORRY ABOUT IT THEN

Is this a quote from somewhere or your opinion?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Yes it’s good to see them call it the way it should be. But feel sorry for them no chance they were happy enough to overlook his past grievances and his other court case he has coming up. Unfortunately for them it was inevitable something else would come along with that cretin in charge 

Yes, this is now the second U turn they’ve done on him.

First he was a scumbag who should be banned from football when the Stendal incident took place when he was manager at Fleetwood.

Then he was a misunderstood cheeky chappy when Rovers employed him. It’s all Stendals fault, “keep your chin up Joey”...”Justice for Joey”.

Now this.

Not sure another U turn is possible?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

Full respect to the sag fans for calling him out on domestic abuse charges. No one should ever have to be assaulted whether that's domestically or not.

I do feel a bit sorry for them because he does seem to be constantly dragging their name through the mud and it seems like there's a new court date every other month. 

He is not just a stain on their club, he's a stain on the city of Bristol and a stain on football he should never be allowed to manage every again or even play at an amateur level for the dog and duck pub. 

I don't....you play with fire, you're gonna get burned....  They knew exactly the sort of person they were appointing and most of the fan base celebrated it.  They get everything they deserve.

25 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

 

image.png.e1c9629e3661780592ce4eb918329eb0.png

I couldn't resist....I'm just surprised that they aren't more comments!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Gardening leave until it reaches court... he's up before the beak on Monday. And I'd be surprised if he was going in on Sunday.

Makes no difference if his wife pressed charges, if it was witnessed and reported then police are obliged to investigate 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, TomF said:

Is there a possibility he gets refused bail given other pending case and seen as possibly reoffending if bailed? Surely with his past it’s not going to be overlooked?

No. Incident happened on 2nd June. He was bailed, so penny to a pound he’ll be bailed by the court. 

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Poor old Joey. 

He's probably used to details of his crimes being headline news - but is there really any need for the reports to mention that he manages Bristol Rovers..? 

The embarrasment & humiliation that those kind of quotes will bring upon anyone associated with him will take a long time to recover from, if ever. 

He's clearly a grade A tosser, who never has or probably will ever, learn from his mistakes. 

Rovers must have been aware that they were playing with fire when appointing him. 

With the almost complete failure he's been there, this could be a welcome get out of jail free card for them. 

Regardless, with most of the Liberal minded population probably supportive of him having second (4th/5th) chance, once any conviction has been served - its going to take some monumental PR to disguise the stain on his character of having once been the manger of Bristol Rovers..! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

I don't....you play with fire, you're gonna get burned....  They knew exactly the sort of person they were appointing and most of the fan base celebrated it.  They get everything they deserve.

image.png.e1c9629e3661780592ce4eb918329eb0.png

I couldn't resist....I'm just surprised that they aren't more comments!

I think everyone in football knows what there is to know about JB, he obviously has a long list of previous assaults both on and off the pitch and is a liability where ever he goes. What I find amazing is that he is still employable based on this 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

 He is not just a stain on their club, he's a stain on the city of Bristol and a stain on football

He’s not a stain on Bristol. He’s not Bristolian and I don’t see why our City or our club should be tarnished because Bristol Rovers and their fans are terrible judges of character.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder why there is no coverage of this on the Bristol Live website? They have an article on how they are coping with the cancellation of the Swansea game, and that's about it.

Would it be the same silence if it was the Bristol City Manager involved?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

On Gaschat somebody pointed out that he’s  had only one less court appearance than wins as manager!

Taking to one side JB the person, his record as manager at Rovers was awful, he had more than enough time to steady the ship last season if he was as good as he thinks/says he is, but spent 17 games or whatever it was blaming the previous managers, the players etc etc.

For Wael to then give him authority to sign players and start a new revolution seemed insane, as he certainly hasn’t proved he has the ability to do it.  His position now is surely untenable, the players will have no respect for him as a manager or a person.

 

 

Don’t see how they had respect for him in the first place. As soon as he came in he chucked everyone under a bus. As you said , wael has given him full control over the playing side. Yes his position is untenable but how can he sack him when he’s put all his eggs in a joey Barton basket. We thought we had problems 😂 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, INCRED said:

I think everyone in football knows what there is to know about JB, he obviously has a long list of previous assaults both on and off the pitch and is a liability where ever he goes. What I find amazing is that he is still employable based on this 

He's not. That's why he's ended up where he is..! 

If a former Premier league, high profile footballer ending up at Bristol Rovers isn't the metaphoric laying in the dog shite, at the bottom of a cesspit, then I'm not sure what is..?! 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The title was changed to Basement Rovers dustbin thread

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...