IGNORED

Basement Rovers dustbin thread

42nite

11 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I wonder why there is no coverage of this on the Bristol Live website? They have an article on how they are coping with the cancellation of the Swansea game, and that's about it.

Would it be the same silence if it was the Bristol City Manager involved?

There is. Its the headline story on the main page, posted 10.30pm last night. 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-rovers-joey-barton-court-5696359

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Surely this idiot loses his job? And predictably I bet there are some Gas defending him

Innocent until proven guilty I suppose.  

Rovers should have suspended him though.

They probably have one eye on sacking him and then him being released without charge or found not guilty should it gets to court.  Fine line they have to tread.  And there's a threat of wrongful dismissal, compensation etc. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Probably worth bearing in mind that only this summer we also hired a player that was convicted of assaulting a woman...

Completely agree , our player has been convicted of the same crime. Barton hasn’t been convicted. The thing with Barton is how many chances does the guy get?

1 minute ago, daored said:

Completely agree , our player has been convicted of the same crime. Barton hasn’t been convicted. The thing with Barton is how many chances does the guy get?

What comes around eventually comes around. Any of you guys seen a programme filmed in OZ called the insiders.  Who needs a court.

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Probably worth bearing in mind that only this summer we also hired a player that was convicted of assaulting a woman...

I think everyone deserves a chance to turn their life around after ******* up. 

Barton has continually and repeatedly been involved in crime after crime after alleged crime. 

I don't think the 2 people are really a level comparison. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Surely this idiot loses his job? And predictably I bet there are some Gas defending him

So we could end up with Swindon; Manager and no players and Rovers players, but no Manager. A merger of mediocrity on the cards?

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, City oz said:

What comes around eventually comes around. Any of you guys seen a programme filmed in OZ called the insiders.  Who needs a court.

oops spello mistake it is Mr In between.

mr-inbetweens3.jpg

2 minutes ago, 22A said:

So we could end up with Swindon; Manager and no players and Rovers players, but no Manager. A merger of mediocrity on the cards?

Nooo we don't want anything to do with that shower of shite we're over the worst and now on the way up with a new owner, manager, CEO and director of football in place, new home and away kits, season ticket sale on sale, and players lined up for this week!

• Like 1

On the BBC Website

Footballer Joey Barton charged with attacking woman

Published
3 minutes ago
Joey BartonIMAGE COPYRIGHTGETTY IMAGES
image captionJoey Barton made more than 250 appearances in the Premier League

Former footballer Joey Barton is due in court charged with attacking and injuring a woman.

The 38-year-old, who manages League One side Bristol City, will appear at Wimbledon Magistrates' Court on Monday 26 July.

He played in the Premier League more than 250 times, for teams including Manchester City and Newcastle United.

He was arrested at an address in Kew on 2 June, bailed pending further enquiries, and subsequently charged.

Ambulance crews were not called to the property where the woman was attacked, police said.

The Metropolitan Police said in a statement: "Joseph Barton, 38, of Widnes, is charged with assault by beating.

"The charge relates to an incident which took place at a residential property in Kew on Wednesday 2 June in which a woman received a head injury".

Edited by Jersey Bristolian
add link

8 minutes ago, Jersey Bristolian said:

On the BBC Website

Footballer Joey Barton charged with attacking woman

Published
3 minutes ago
Joey BartonIMAGE COPYRIGHTGETTY IMAGES
image captionJoey Barton made more than 250 appearances in the Premier League

Former footballer Joey Barton is due in court charged with attacking and injuring a woman.

The 38-year-old, who manages League One side Bristol City, will appear at Wimbledon Magistrates' Court on Monday 26 July.

He played in the Premier League more than 250 times, for teams including Manchester City and Newcastle United.

He was arrested at an address in Kew on 2 June, bailed pending further enquiries, and subsequently charged.

Ambulance crews were not called to the property where the woman was attacked, police said.

The Metropolitan Police said in a statement: "Joseph Barton, 38, of Widnes, is charged with assault by beating.

"The charge relates to an incident which took place at a residential property in Kew on Wednesday 2 June in which a woman received a head injury".

Glad to see they got their facts right. And people wonder why we question modern journalism 🙄

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

35 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Correct, the main difference being Danny Simpson is on his 2nd chance, Barton on circa his 6th? But yes I agree there is no point in being pious about it. Too much of that shit on here.

I think a lot of people are getting carried away by the legal terminology here, so just to put a bit of perspective on it, I’m sure a lot of us as kids will have done things like walk up behind a mate and flick their earlobe, or give someone a bit of a shove in the back for “a bit of a laugh”? Well that’s actually enough to qualify as “Assault by beating”. I think everyone needs to calm the **** down and wait to see what happens at court before jumping to conclusions. A lot of people seem to have already written him off as guilty before the case has even been heard or a shred of evidence produced for either side . . .”

You can’t blame Barton he’s just carrying on as usual , his personality and what u get with him is no secret. How Martin Starnes keeps his job is beyond me.”

1 minute ago, Banned User said:

I think a lot of people are getting carried away by the legal terminology here, so just to put a bit of perspective on it, I’m sure a lot of us as kids will have done things like walk up behind a mate and flick their earlobe, or give someone a bit of a shove in the back for “a bit of a laugh”? Well that’s actually enough to qualify as “Assault by beating”. I think everyone needs to calm the **** down and wait to see what happens at court before jumping to conclusions. A lot of people seem to have already written him off as guilty before the case has even been heard or a shred of evidence produced for either side . . .”

You can’t blame Barton he’s just carrying on as usual , his personality and what u get with him is no secret. How Martin Starnes keeps his job is beyond me.”

The only thing he forgot to mention is the CPS doesn’t try and prosecute a flick behind the ear….

Barton is clearly innocent until proven guilty, the only thing I would say is if the victim isn’t cooperating with the Police then the CPS must feel they have very strong evidence to prosecute. Either that or some dick in the CPS wants a “name” on their CV!!

2 hours ago, Banned User said:

It’s a against his wife who’s since been uploading photos of him saying how amazing he is will be thrown out court “she did not phone police “ police obviously saw it was joey Barton and went ahead and charged him because of his previous HE CANT EVEN FART AND THEY TRY TO LOCK HIM UP GIVE THE BLOKE A BREAK INNOCENT TILL PROVEN GUILTY WORRY ABOUT IT THEN

Amazing. The CPS have to apply a threshold test in order to get any case to court (doesn’t guarantee guilt clearly) but “Sister Fiddler Gas” clearly knows it’s a stitch up………..even though he clearly doesn’t realise the CPS not the Police make the decision on charging.

#Gaslogic at its finest.

• Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Basement Rovers dustbin thread