IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, WessexPest said:

Hahaha - absolutely pathetic!

Out of morbid curiosity I went on their match report on the BBC website to see the attendance but didn’t find it, only a comment from (presumably) a City fan: 

“Why don’t you publish crowds any more? Too ashamed?”

That was me , well you gotta have some fun in your life !

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

"Optimism, I’ve been reading a lot of Ernest Shackleton this week, trapped on the polar ice caps for two years, so look, we’re nowhere near that level of rescue and salvage, but we’re scrapping away here to turn the tide around".

He sounds like Jesse from the Fast Show......'this week I have been mostly reading......Ernest Shackleton!' I'm not sure he could read a Ladybird book tbh.

• Haha 1

On 12/08/2021 at 08:49, Silvio Dante said:

Old bean, you seem to have inadvertently staggered into the “take the piss out of Rovers” thread and been perturbed that there’s piss taking of Rovers. Much like when you

- Inadvertently staggered into the transfer forum and was discombobulated to see potential transfers discussed

- Inadvertently staggered into the politics forum and was horrified to see people with informed opinion on political discourse

- Inadvertently staggered into a thread on veganism and was flabbergasted to see vegan based discussion

Its a f*ng minefield this place…

I'm pleased to see that no one/not many ,have towed the " we're no better, how can you take the piss" line.

As you say, this is a thread of sanctuary and solace away from the rigors of our inept performances in the Championship , like Joey Bag saying in his post match  something like "..............every one needs the love and safety of your own home and family........"

Now, THAT Ms Morissette is ironic !

Joey said the previous managers at the swamp were negligent and if they were doctors they should be struck off

How does he explain this?

P  W   D    L   Win%
Paul Tisdale                            19  5   3   11  26.32 
Ben Garner                             	33  6   8   19  18.18
Uncle "Jailbird" Joey                   21  3   2   16  14.29  

Just for clarity that is a win percentage more than 20% lower than the absolute legend that is Ben Garner.

Things may be poor for us at the moment but at least we are a million miles away from their current situation.

2 hours ago, cityal said:

Joey said the previous managers at the swamp were negligent and if they were doctors they should be struck off

How does he explain this?

P  W   D    L   Win%
Paul Tisdale                            19  5   3   11  26.32 
Ben Garner                             	33  6   8   19  18.18
Uncle "Jailbird" Joey                   21  3   2   16  14.29  

Just for clarity that is a win percentage more than 20% lower than the absolute legend that is Ben Garner.

Things may be poor for us at the moment but at least we are a million miles away from their current situation.

Wasn’t their eighth defeat on the spin yesterday a new club record?

• Thanks 1

I spoke to a few Gashead friends today. One a normally level headed fair bloke, so I value his opinion, said it was the first time ever he had left early. He said loads walked out in protest as it was gettingvwuite nasty in there, so @Bristol Robthis tallies in with what you witnessed. He has two young children and the level of abuse being dished out to Barton and Lines was like nothing he has heard before.

He certainly isn’t a ‘delicate’ fan. He said he actually thought there would be some sort of riot, and there certainly would be if they lose again on Tuesday. It was really hostile. The fans have lost patience with Barton big time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You just can’t make it up. Now the away team is responsible for shite attendances at the swamp

http://storage.proboards.com/5848383/a/c6fIyvbPPO3AI60KH0Wl.gif
TugPhase
Reserve Team
2 hours ago
Dirt Dogg, pirate, and 1 more like this
I was surprised when I saw the attendance. Felt busier than that. I know Stevenage won't have helped, but it's a bit disappointing

2 hours ago, RedM said:

I spoke to a few Gashead friends today. One a normally level headed fair bloke, so I value his opinion, said it was the first time ever he had left early. He said loads walked out in protest as it was gettingvwuite nasty in there, so @Bristol Robthis tallies in with what you witnessed. He has two young children and the level of abuse being dished out to Barton and Lines was like nothing he has heard before.

He certainly isn’t a ‘delicate’ fan. He said he actually thought there would be some sort of riot, and there certainly would be if they lose again on Tuesday. It was really hostile. The fans have lost patience with Barton big time.

Thanks for that, hadn't realised they had another home game on Tuesday. 

Must make a point of parking badly so I can eat up two spaces.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RedEd73 said:

No idea if this is accurate @In the Net can you confirm? Facebook so possibly crap (excuse the pun) but I want this to be real.....

26FBBE98-ABA4-4692-B73C-DF98CD9F7520.png

Well we've been taking the piss out of them with everyone watching for years now.  I think this is fake though, this is their current toilet 'arrangements'

Old Rusty Bucket In The Field By The Pile Of Mud And Soil Stock Photo -  Download Image Now - iStock

• Flames 1

16 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

You just can’t make it up. Now the away team is responsible for shite attendances at the swamp

TugPhase
Reserve Team
2 hours ago
Dirt Dogg, pirate, and 1 more like this
I was surprised when I saw the attendance. Felt busier than that. I know Stevenage won't have helped, but it's a bit disappointing

They’ve been using this shit excuse for years.

If they bothered to fill up the home sections in their tiny stadium every week like any medium sized club would do in a ground that size, their average attendance would be much closer to 10k....but they don’t.

Same when they talk about away attendances and claim that smaller grounds in the lower divisions hamper their average away figures....yet they don’t mention that they rarely sell out their allocations in those ‘smaller’ away ends anyway.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, RedEd73 said:

No idea if this is accurate @In the Net can you confirm? Facebook so possibly crap (excuse the pun) but I want this to be real.....

26FBBE98-ABA4-4692-B73C-DF98CD9F7520.png

I could be wrong but is that piss hut stood in a parking space (presumably in a public car park)?

**** me! ?

I’d love this to be true but surely even Gasheads aren’t pissing en masse in front of women and kids?

4 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I could be wrong but is that piss hut stood in a parking space (presumably in a public car park)?

**** me! ?

I’d love this to be true but surely even Gasheads aren’t pissing en masse in front of women and kids?

'Unidentified portaloo in parking area'

25 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

**** me! ?

No sign of any waste pipework.

Does it just go all over the floor ?

On the subject of piss, how long do you think it’ll be before the sags start explaining away their piss poor opening day attendance by inventing a mass boycott because of jailbird Joey?  

Before you know it, there’ll be a w***fest with them proclaiming what amazing fans they are to organise this mass protest so effectively!

1 minute ago, BrizzleRed said:

On the subject of piss, how long do you think it’ll be before the sags start explaining away their piss poor opening day attendance by inventing a mass boycott because of jailbird Joey?  

Before you know it, there’ll be a w***fest with them proclaiming what amazing fans they are to organise this mass protest so effectively!

On A$$h@t some were suggesting the poor attendance (and to be fair to the dregs a lot did admit that scraping 7k for the first game where fans were allowed in for 17 months was rubbish) was due to a JB boycott. A handful might’ve stayed away on principal but given he’s not been convicted I find it a bit far fetched that would significantly impact their numbers.

Others cited concerns about COVID keeping fans away, but if anything that’s even more dubious - didn’t stop Newcastle and Tottenham having packed houses today.