IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

22 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

On A$$h@t some were suggesting the poor attendance (and to be fair to the dregs a lot did admit that scraping 7k for the first game where fans were allowed in for 17 months was rubbish) was due to a JB boycott. A handful might’ve stayed away on principal but given he’s not been convicted I find it a bit far fetched that would significantly impact their numbers.

Others cited concerns about COVID keeping fans away, but if anything that’s even more dubious - didn’t stop Newcastle and Tottenham having packed houses today.

You do get a few sensible posts on they’ve certainly got more than their fair share of belters, doing their best to prove Gaslogic still knows no bounds!

The Covid excuse is a bit of a laugh, as even the Government are happy with outdoor events going ahead now and you don’t get much more outdoor than the Minimal ‘stadium’

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

On A$$h@t some were suggesting the poor attendance (and to be fair to the dregs a lot did admit that scraping 7k for the first game where fans were allowed in for 17 months was rubbish) was due to a JB boycott. A handful might’ve stayed away on principal but given he’s not been convicted I find it a bit far fetched that would significantly impact their numbers.

Others cited concerns about COVID keeping fans away, but if anything that’s even more dubious - didn’t stop Newcastle and Tottenham having packed houses today.

Hang on there.
You think that mob have principles ?

I'd personally dispute that

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

Here's the ladies ?‍♂️

Screenshot_20210815-194645_Twitter.jpg

2 hours ago, RedEd73 said:

No idea if this is accurate @In the Net can you confirm? Facebook so possibly crap (excuse the pun) but I want this to be real.....

26FBBE98-ABA4-4692-B73C-DF98CD9F7520.png

That cannot be the facilities for a football league ground surely ?

They're taking the piss.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Yep - and despite what “Da Worldz Gratest Fanz” would have you believe just like every club, when results have been consistently bad for a long time crowds go down.

Indeed.

They’re no better, or more loyal, than anyone else despite what they constantly claim. I’d even argue that they’re more fickle than most considering their crowds dropped below 6k in L1 after a few bad results.

I’d like to see them sell 9000 Season Tickets after relegation like we did in 2013.

26 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Indeed.

They’re no better, or more loyal, than anyone else despite what they constantly claim. I’d even argue that they’re more fickle than most considering their crowds dropped below 6k in L1 after a few bad results.

I’d like to see them sell 9000 Season Tickets after relegation like we did in 2013.

Couldn’t agree more re their fickleness - Swindon of course went down alongside them but had nearly 10,000 - and I doubt Carlisle took many.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Indeed.

Remember that they're in the fourth division. I know it was about 40 years ago, but our crowds were never that great down there.

5 hours ago, RedM said:

I spoke to a few Gashead friends today. One a normally level headed fair bloke, so I value his opinion, said it was the first time ever he had left early. He said loads walked out in protest as it was gettingvwuite nasty in there, so @Bristol Robthis tallies in with what you witnessed. He has two young children and the level of abuse being dished out to Barton and Lines was like nothing he has heard before.

He certainly isn’t a ‘delicate’ fan. He said he actually thought there would be some sort of riot, and there certainly would be if they lose again on Tuesday. It was really hostile. The fans have lost patience with Barton big time.

Lines got a good reception, and was also applauded off the pitch at the end.

36 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Remember that they're in the fourth division. I know it was about 40 years ago, but our crowds were never that great down there.

Different world back then cheif. There were only 3 clubs in the country that averaged over 30,000 in 82. Thatcher, strikes, violence. All had a big effect. 

Edited by glynriley
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Lines got a good reception, and was also applauded off the pitch at the end.

Opposition player scores winning goal against lower, lower league side and gets a good reception and was applauded off the pitch - wow, your club is just unbelievable ... oh well

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

22 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

When they do move into their new stadium at the Fruit Market later this year, there’ll no doubt be a bit of a squash in the stands … 

Wait! What have you heard? I mean it was supposed to have been August 2nd according to Wael of Fortune, but even the Spurs ground had a small delay so there's no shame if theirs drags on to the end  of the year if that's what you're saying? 

1 hour ago, Sleepy1968 said:

40 years ago crowds were not ‘that great’ all around the country.

We still managed to average more than them last time we were in the 4th division than they did at the same time in the division above us.

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Opposition player scores winning goal against lower, lower league side and gets a good reception and was applauded off the pitch - wow, your club is just unbelievable ... oh well

I've got a video on my phone of him coming off the pitch - I'm not a bullshi**er.  Happy to post it, if somebody can give me instructions. He didn't celebrate his goal, which was noted and appreciated.  I've posted his Tweet below - do you think he was thanking people for staying behind and booing him?

Wow....what a day  thank you to everyone who stayed behind after the final whistle that really meant a lot to me  and thank you to everyone at BRFC for making sure my family had a fantastic day to remember
Edited by In the Net

8 minutes ago, In the Net said:

I've got a video on my phone of him coming off the pitch - I'm not a bullshi**er.  Happy to post it, if somebody can give me instructions. He didn't celebrate his goal, which was noted and appreciated. 

Gas legend status assured then 

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Wait! What have you heard? I mean it was supposed to have been August 2nd according to Wael of Fortune, but even the Spurs ground had a small delay so there's no shame if theirs drags on to the end  of the year if that's what you're saying? 

The newly reinstated President Donald Trump is going to open it.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, In the Net said:

I've got a video on my phone of him coming off the pitch - I'm not a bullshi**er.  Happy to post it, if somebody can give me instructions. He didn't celebrate his goal, which was noted and appreciated.  I've posted his Tweet below - do you think he was thanking people for staying behind and booing him?

Wow....what a day  thank you to everyone who stayed behind after the final whistle that really meant a lot to me  and thank you to everyone at BRFC for making sure my family had a fantastic day to remember

I didn’t suggest or mention your fans were booing him - and I didn’t suggest you were a ‘bullsh**er’ - dunno where you got all that from....

• Like 1