IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Hmmm two ideas to increase attendances, first up kick off on a weekday afternoon, which is fine if you do **** all else.

And, forcing a colleague to go is commonly known as kidnap.

gasheadontour
Reserve Team
4 hours ago

Earlier Kick-off's could lead to higher attendances as more people would go straight from work and take work colleagues with them - rather than go home and then can't be bothered to go to the match.
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

Hmmm two ideas to increase attendances, first up kick off on a weekday afternoon, which is fine if you do **** all else.

gasheadontour
Reserve Team
4 hours ago

Earlier Kick-off's could lead to higher attendances as more people would go straight from work and take work colleagues with them - rather than go home and then can't be bothered to go to the match.

Wouldn't work. After being kidnapped once, said colleague would always be volunteering to do overtime. Unpaid.

Also have they ever tried to get anywhere around that part of Bristol at any point during the day/rush hour? Their attendances would actually go down further!!

Edited by Taz
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, 22A said:

There was a gashead who worked in a pub. I made a point of going in there wearing my City top. Sadly the Horse & Groom is now demolished and I've no idea of what became him. Meanwhile there's about a dozen City fans with either a PE (Pboro) or CB (Cambridge) post code.

Horse and Groom demolished.  When?  how?  That place is part of my history they've erased.  They'll be taking down bloody statues next. 

6 hours ago, GreedyHarry said:

gasheadontour
Reserve Team
4 hours ago

I’ve got a good idea to increase their attendances.

Instead of sitting at home on Facebook football banter groups all night telling strangers how great their support is they could actually go to a match instead.

Its that easy.

W@nky little sag bastards.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, In the Net said:

First half was the best we've seen for a long time - not that the bar is set very high in that respect.  Oldham made some changes for 2nd half, and came into the game more, but overall a promising performance.  It's good to have fans back in the grounds, maybe normality is gradually returning. 

Yes, fans are now allowed back in the ground. 

Your lot seem to have missed that memo though. 

6,005 attendance, with nearly 300 from Oldham. 

That is woefully pitiful after 18 months without being able to attend. 

If I'm correct, you barely scrapped 7,500 for the very first game back.. 

Embarrassing really... Yet we continue to get told what a big club & support you have..! 

I know that's not your fault, but seriously - do you not cringe with embarrassment at what a tinpot shitpit of a club you are..? And I mean the factual reality, not the self invented myths that many of your lot love to spew out at every given opportunity. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Embarrassing really... Yet we continue to get told what a big club & support you have..! 

I know that's not your fault, but seriously - do you not cringe with embarrassment at what a tinpot shitpit of a club you are..? And I mean the factual reality, not the self invented myths that many of your lot love to spew out at every given opportunity. 

Harsh !

We know the 15ers don't treat their "fans" particularly well (potaloos, wooden shacks for disabled fans etc..), but SCRAPPING them ?! ?

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Not quite mate. According to their own site, they barely scraped 7000, just over at 7071.

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/matches/fixtures/first-team/202122/august/bristol-rovers-vs-stevenage-on-14-aug-21/

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Not quite mate. According to their own site, they barely scraped 7000, just over at 7071.

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/matches/fixtures/first-team/202122/august/bristol-rovers-vs-stevenage-on-14-aug-21/

@myol'man can I remove this one from my list of your potential pin numbers too? 

I'll get there eventually :), unless it starts with a 9, then there is little chance of it appearing on this thread.

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, TomF said:

Random off current topic thought as I drove past our esteemed 'High Performance Centre' this morning - when was the last time both clubs won games on the same day/evening?  Probably a depressing long time ago!?

Two days ago

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11
  • Flames 1

32 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Akinde has turned down a move to the Pikeys.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/sport/gills-striker-akinde-rejects-league-2-switch-252506/

Looks like he may go to the National League instead.

Better facilities and the clubs are in the main fairly well run. I wonder if the Joey factor might have had a bit to do with it too - there must be many, many players who can`t stand the little *****.

No brainer really.

11 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Better facilities and the clubs are in the main fairly well run. I wonder if the Joey factor might have had a bit to do with it too - there must be many, many players who can`t stand the little *****.

No brainer really.

Didn't Akinde play for them previously?

18 hours ago, cheese said:

Horse and Groom demolished.  When?  how?  That place is part of my history they've erased.  They'll be taking down bloody statues next. 

A few years ago when the Orton Centre was redeveloped. Gone are; the pub, the off licence, the bookies and the video shop. There is an estate agent there now, so presumably that means we're more affluent?

13 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

No, I don't cringe with embarrassment, yes, it may be tinpot, or whatever other insult you wish to use, but it's my tinpot club.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

I think he was 19 then and got dogs abuse from them.

Yet there will be some dopey sags going "thinks he's better than he is, go to the non league because that's the standard he's good for". 

Then they might realise that said non league player was approached BY THEM

19 and gets dogs abuse (sorry Darrell) from his "own" fans because of his connections to us. Then they wonder why he doesn't want to sign for them years later :blink:

• Like 1

Just had an advert to go and see Queen playing live at the Mem.  Couldn't believe it and then saw the tickets were only 20 quid.  You had to dig pretty deep to realise it was just a tribute band (the ticket price was a bit of a giveaway mind).  I wonder how many people they will manage to dupe with this scam). They can't put out a genuine football team let alone attract a proper band. Total amateurs in just about every way.

• Like 1