IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Exeter celebrating there first goal with the Gas fans looking on solemnly. The first 2 blocks of seats are theirs too, not sold out by the looks of it but after the 4th goal, 24 minutes, there were a few empty rows for the rest of the game. A very early exitIMG_20210821_210136.thumb.jpg.e96a3dc68ea92286c4d8c2a0e1eccc82.jpg

That's 3-4 thousand away fans, according to the deluded ones....

• Haha 1

Possibly the most delusional post-match interview i've ever seen.

"Everyone's cup final", "we will be promoted"

Yeah right, you're 9 points behind a village team after 4 games, Bradford City sold 13,000 season tickets and even Swindon are 3rd and are getting > 9,000 for home games, despite not even having 11 players a couple of weeks before the season started!

Barton could go down 4 times in the space of 12 months, 2 court appearances for violence, relegation from L1 to L2 and relegation from L2 to the National Leagues. Plus who knows what other offences he might commit in the next 9 months... Was that a cut on his lip in the interview? Hopefully his wife clocked him one back!

Bristol Rovers - "Making Bristol City fans feel better since 1923"

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, magunn said:

Some clarity appears to be hitting them.

Waels a sh** owner.

Starnes is a sh** CEO.

Widdrington is a sh** DOF.

Barton is a sh** manager. As are his staff.

The players are sh**.

I would say that the club is absolutely sh** from top to bottom, let alone a mess.

At least the stadium's nice.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, fgrsimon said:

Yeah right, you're 9 points behind a village team after 4 games, Bradford City sold 13,000 season tickets and even Swindon are 3rd and are getting > 9,000 for home games, despite not even having 11 players a couple of weeks before the season started!

Barton could go down 4 times in the space of 12 months, 2 court appearances for violence, relegation from L1 to L2 and relegation from L2 to the National Leagues. Plus who knows what other offences he might commit in the next 9 months... Was that a cut on his lip in the interview? Hopefully his wife clocked him one back!

I just watched his interview. Quite incredible excuse making. It’ll be another  Month before we’re up to speed. Lord give me strength. 

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

You do remember krekly, just looked up that attendance at Eastville - 19,337. But given there were probably 10,000 manure fans there... 

A creditable 1-1 draw for the crapkit buffoons though, as they struggled to avoid relegation.

Man Utd visited Eastville on Good Friday, 1975, so clearly the attendance was less than it might've been what with the Tote End being at mass that afternoon.

8 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Man Utd visited Eastville on Good Friday, 1975, so clearly the attendance was less than it might've been what with the Tote End being at mass that afternoon.

And it was snowing!

I remember the day well as City played away at Southampton, and we ‘encountered’ a few United fans on our way to Temple Meads.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fgrsimon said:

Impersonating a football manager can be added to the crime sheet - although I hope for now he doesn't get caught for that, doing a great job at the moment

5 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Yes, they put on a special for us , wasn't it an early K O?

I don’t really remember the KO time.

I recall we caught a bus in to the centre and walked to TM, meeting a few United fans on a little bridge en route.

A brief scuffle ensued (They started it, honest ?) and, in trying to defend myself, I had one of them almost falling over the bridge in to the water below - I don’t think I had ever been so scared, to think that I might have pushed this chap in to the water.

Anyway, I grabbed him, pushed him away and we all ran off in our respective directions, us to TM and them to the Centre, all of us shouting various threats as we ran ?.

Mary Hopkins was big at time and, as she sang, ‘Those were the days’.

• Like 1

I don't think I have ever heard a manager guaranteeing promotion. Talk about giving every other manager in league 2 their team talk. Just play the clip above. He is so confident in his magic abilities. I wonder if he is so confident he won't be spending time at her majesty pleasure!!

3 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

And it was snowing!

I remember the day well as City played away at Southampton, and we ‘encountered’ a few United fans on our way to Temple Meads.

We are obviously of a similar age Phil, I too was on the special to Southampton with their strange misshapen away at the Dell, as well as the wonderful 4-1 win at Eastville in the wind, and the even better 0-0 draw the following season along with over 10,000 City fans on the Muller Bank.

Nice for the blue few to visit a redeveloped lower league ground today to see how it's done properly 

Listen, mush - we are far from firing on all cylinders right now but don’t try to tar us with the same brush as you soap-dodging quartered guttersnipes.

We pulled in 20,000 “disinterested” punters for a live Sky game last night.

Always will be? You seem to have forgotten that you slipped out of the “lower leagues” in 2014 to the non-leagues and there’s every indication you might do so again at the current rate.

Oh, and *BRING BACK SKELETOR KLAXON*

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

He actually said “we won the second half”!!!

You would think a man of his experience would know how football works by now.

Anyway, according to those who were there, they only "won the 2nd half" because Exeter were already thinking about the long trip to Harrogate, (assuming most of them will be rested for the EFL trophy game).