Jump to content
IGNORED

Basement Rovers dustbin thread


42nite

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, RedM said:

My friend did comment on this. According to him he was given a very warm welcome but as soon as he scored he got dogs abuse and it was laughable how he went from hero to zero in an instant. As I said he had made his exit with his children before the final whistle.

He did say that Lines didn’t celebrate his goal, which some of their fans respected. But then he seemed to get abuse from the Stevenage fans on social media not understanding this. The bloke was copping abuse from ll sides for being successful at his job!

But yes, the majority of the abuse was directed at Barton and the performance.

Sorry that your friend and his children had to put up with hearing unpleasant stuff.  I've had that myself, when you find yourself standing by somebody with an IQ of single digits, who uses foul language all the time.  One bloke was putting so many four lettered words into each sentence, that nothing he said make sense. There was definitely a turning of the tide re. feelings against Barton at the end of the game - all water of a duck's back to him I guess.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I didn’t suggest or mention your fans were booing him - and I didn’t suggest you were a ‘bullsh**er’ - dunno where you got all that from....

Apologies, feeling a bit defensive at the moment - which is more than can be said for my team! 😳

  • Like 5
  • Haha 14
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had a conversation last week with a few Sags. I decided to test out the Gas logic theory. I said that I thought that the problem with some Rovers and City supporters (mentioned us gurt Ted's as well as I didn't want them to immediately start a fight) think that the club is bigger than it actually is. I said that realistically City should find it difficult to stay in the Championship and that Rovers are where they should be.

As soon as I mentioned Rovers level being League Two one of them mentioned that they could easily be in the Championship or pushing for the Championship because of their 'fanbase'. So I challenged the fan base theory and stated attendance facts and pointed out that they don't have a pot to piss in and that their ground is falling to bits with tents and is an eyesore and an embarrassment. Another Sag agreed with me that you can't measure the size of a club by its fanbase alone and also agreed that the Mem is a total shithole and that they don't have a pot to piss in. Fair play. However, he then ruined it all by stating that Rovers should at the very least be in League One. Totally delusional. Jaily's team of strangers are apparently a top 6 side in the division below where they should be by right. Cracking start then!

Apparently their turn out at Mansfield was impressive. The toothless wonders had come out of their care homes for a nostalgic trip down Tote-End memory lane and by all accounts there was a bit of the old traditional 1970's style behaviour. It was probably all down to Mansfield being known to have a massive Ted following. Regardless of the result on the pitch, their family club shenanigans off the pitch were something to be 'prowed' of.

They really do believe their fanbase is too big for League Two and that their away following is the envy of every club outside of the Premier League.

Gas logic proven. Belters!

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, glynriley said:

Different world back then cheif. There were only 3 clubs in the country that averaged over 30,000 in 82. Thatcher, strikes, violence. All had a big effect. 

Aaahhh yes - The Thatcher years, two divorces etc etc.....

man-crying-01.thumb.jpg.5c1c6acc915ebbf3d379bcb7a30f440d.jpg

"It was all ground ground ground and they forgot about the team."

😂😂😂😂😂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gert Mare said:

I had a conversation last week with a few Sags. I decided to test out the Gas logic theory. I said that I thought that the problem with some Rovers and City supporters (mentioned us gurt Ted's as well as I didn't want them to immediately start a fight) think that the club is bigger than it actually is. I said that realistically City should find it difficult to stay in the Championship and that Rovers are where they should be.

As soon as I mentioned Rovers level being League Two one of them mentioned that they could easily be in the Championship or pushing for the Championship because of their 'fanbase'. So I challenged the fan base theory and stated attendance facts and pointed out that they don't have a pot to piss in and that their ground is falling to bits with tents and is an eyesore and an embarrassment. Another Sag agreed with me that you can't measure the size of a club by its fanbase alone and also agreed that the Mem is a total shithole and that they don't have a pot to piss in. Fair play. However, he then ruined it all by stating that Rovers should at the very least be in League One. Totally delusional. Jaily's team of strangers are apparently a top 6 side in the division below where they should be by right. Cracking start then!

Apparently their turn out at Mansfield was impressive. The toothless wonders had come out of their care homes for a nostalgic trip down Tote-End memory lane and by all accounts there was a bit of the old traditional 1970's style behaviour. It was probably all down to Mansfield being known to have a massive Ted following. Regardless of the result on the pitch, their family club shenanigans off the pitch were something to be 'prowed' of.

They really do believe their fanbase is too big for League Two and that their away following is the envy of every club outside of the Premier League.

Gas logic proven. Belters!

Love it and love ur post. I  remember those years from the 70,s and the Tote End with bloody clocks for the greyhounds above the roof. the only thing good about that ground was the dogs on boxing day. Great memories of Bristol in those years and how bad Rovers were then and probably worse now.

There fan base is ordinary at least but you have to give some credit to those that think Rovers have potential. Most probably this credit is coming from their psychology councilers 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the support the fewers get is reasonably good, they have never over achieved, and are one of those bat-shit clubs that have changed ground 3 and a half times in my lifetime (I think we ought to include picking seats in Cheltenham as a partial move!).

Where I can see them really struggle post pandemic, is getting new supporters of an age that will see them survive going forward.

Bloke I work with is a Fewer, his kids don't want to know. They would rather watch Sky or play FIFA, they don't have any mates who go either so it isn't a case of go along and see your friends, at least we are still able to get new blood in to the stadium.

With every year they keep their sub-standard facilities they lose support (not existing support, but the next generation) and I assume that the maintenance of the Mem is automatically high based on the age of it. 

With the Bears doing well and the bouncy-netball the Flyers play there are plenty of alternatives if you want kids to start watching live sport.

Will a new stadium fix their problem? Hard to say, usually there is a curiosity factor and gates improve, but if the product on the pitch is still dire they will struggle to move tickets.

We were pretty lucky that our redevelopment coincided with a promotion, there was great momentum.

Not sure they'll get that.

Hilarious, mind.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Brace yourself.

This is hilarious. 

https://bristolroverssc.co.uk/45-for-stephanie/

Not even half a tank of petrol.

Due to issues between the Supporters Club and the football club, it's being done online at the moment.  Usually raises around £800 per match I think - hopefully they'll get back to tickets being sold in person, at the ground.

On a similar subject, do you still have programme sellers wandering around outside the ground, or are they sold from kiosks?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, In the Net said:

Due to issues between the Supporters Club and the football club, it's being done online at the moment.  Usually raises around £800 per match I think - hopefully they'll get back to tickets being sold in person, at the ground.

On a similar subject, do you still have programme sellers wandering around outside the ground, or are they sold from kiosks?

We don't sell programmes - they're now a free digital-only publication: https://robinstv.bcfc.co.uk/digital-matchday-programme/

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Due to issues between the Supporters Club and the football club, it's being done online at the moment.  Usually raises around £800 per match I think - hopefully they'll get back to tickets being sold in person, at the ground.

On a similar subject, do you still have programme sellers wandering around outside the ground, or are they sold from kiosks?

Pretty sure they are digital now, cheaper to produce, more accessible and able to get national rather than regional sponsorship and with them being readily available more view per ad, meaning a stronger spend.

The Gate went cashless, it's now going paperless.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Brace yourself.

This is hilarious. 

https://bristolroverssc.co.uk/45-for-stephanie/

Not even half a tank of petrol.

Probably best not to immediately phone the boss and tell him/her to “stick their ******* job up their ass” Stephanie.

She’d have won more on those little Horse Racing machines you find in Seaside arcades.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Probably best not to immediately phone the boss and tell him/her to “stick their ******* job up their ass” Stephanie.

She’d have won more on those little Horse Racing machines you find in Seaside arcades.

And she would have upgraded from a Donkey Derby as well!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Probably best not to immediately phone the boss and tell him/her to “stick their ******* job up their ass” Stephanie.

She’d have won more on those little Horse Racing machines you find in Seaside arcades.

I'm presuming that Stephanie will have access to financial advice and counselling following her win?.

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, In the Net said:

Apologies, feeling a bit defensive at the moment - which is more than can be said for my team! 😳

No worries ... after the start both clubs have made to this season emotions are running high - we’ve all waited so long for crowds to be allowed back but we haven’t really been rewarded on the pitch yet ...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Probably best not to immediately phone the boss and tell him/her to “stick their ******* job up their ass” Stephanie.

She’d have won more on those little Horse Racing machines you find in Seaside arcades.

No. As soon as she saw the horses she would have started punching the shit out of the machine, the alarm bells would have started going off and she'd have been thrown out, whilst remonstrating that it was the Ted's fault and playing the victim.

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Red_Alligator said:

I'm presuming that Stephanie will have access to financial advice and counselling following her win?.

Of course.

You can’t just present someone with that sort of money and cut them loose without appropriate aftercare.

Although it’s possible of course that this is actually a ‘Brewsters Millions’ type challenge whereby if Stephanie successfully spends all of her £45 over the next month then the owner of the 6th richest club in the World will give her £300 million he found down the back of his sofa?

Lets see what happens.

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

No. As soon as she saw the horses she would have started punching the shit out of the machine, the alarm bells would have started going off and she'd have been thrown out, whilst remonstrating that it was the Ted's fault and playing the victim.

Haha, I didn’t even think of the Gas/Horse conflict situation when using that example. 

Undoubtedly a hail of Gas headbutts would rain down on any machine containing 6 horses in one small area, doesn’t matter if they’re 2 inches high and plastic (the horse that is, not the Gashead...although in my experience most Sags I know ARE tiny and ‘plastic’).

Numpties.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Of course.

You can’t just present someone with that sort of money and cut them loose without appropriate aftercare.

Although it’s possible of course that this is actually a ‘Brewsters Millions’ type challenge whereby if Stephanie successfully spends all of her £45 over the next month then the owner of the 6th richest club in the World will give her £300 million he found down the back of his sofa?

Lets see what happens.

 

 

More difficult than you imagine.

She could buy the Mem, but then she'll be left with about £35 in change.

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Haha, I didn’t even think of the Gas/Horse conflict situation when using that example. 

Undoubtedly a hail of Gas headbutts would rain down on any machine containing 6 horses in one small area, doesn’t matter if they’re 2 inches high and plastic (the horse that is, not the Gashead...although in my experience most Sags I know ARE tiny and ‘plastic’).

Numpties.

I was thinking of those two pence machines at the arcades where you feed coins into it in an attempt to knock a load of change into the pay-out slot.

As about 35p in brass comes showering down you’ll hear a Gastard cry, “I’m now the fifth richest man in England!!!!”

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Slacker said:

But think how many packets of stale crisps and bottles of out of date Fanta she could treat herself to.Or almost three months subscription to Babestation........I...uuh...  errrm..would imagine. 

Maybe they could launch a new, special streaming service for the fewers. 

THEONLYFAN.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...