IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

7 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

That interview is pure comedy gold.

Won the second half…

The boys tried they just ran out of time (first shot on target was the penalty on minute 92)

Still talking about promotion

Brilliant, used to hate Joey Barton now I love him

I had to laugh at the ‘we won the 2nd half’ comment. Also it was ‘closer than it suggests’ was a cracker. 
How very non-league he is with his statements. Hopefully hes managing to get them out of League 2! ⬇️

Delusional about getting promotion too. Hilarious! 

5 minutes ago, nickolas said:

I had to laugh at the ‘we won the 2nd half’ comment. Also it was ‘closer than it suggests’ was a cracker. 
How very non-league he is with his statements. Hopefully hes managing to get them out of League 2! ⬇️

He said the fans could have turned toxic....did he not here them telling him to **** off at the end as he was applauding them!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Southport Red said:

Didn’t someone on here find the ACTUAL stats that said 23,000 or so. 

No, the actual stats for that Shrewsbury PO Final are incredibly hard to find.

They took more than 23k but not 40k...and certainly not 48k.

I believe it was around 35k (read at the time) which would make sense as the middle tier was empty.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Just got home and will be heading over to Gash Chat soon to have a good read…..how many beers do you think I might need?

There isn’t enough Stella in the world to numb both the he pain and laughter of reading the absolute guff spouted by roverzzzz fans on that forum - but good luck Chief! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cider_boy said:

They're a strange lot from sagchat:

"Fair play to the person that launched half a raw carrot at the end. Who the **** brings carrots to a game?"

no carrot, no party?

Carrots give a more satisfying crunch than chewing tobacco, would be my guess…

WAIT! Jasper CARROT supports BCFC - what more evidence do you need of Sheed infiltration?!?!?

2 hours ago, nickolas said:

2 hours ago, TomF said:

Can we have a moment to admire his win ratio of 16.7% - below Garners 18%

Shall we asume Jailbird Joey's "guarantee of promotion" means they must be targetting the top 3 spots? I thought i'd have a look at how far "behind par" they are already for this target as apparently the deluded fool keeps rolling out the same BS about promotion!

Looking at http://www.englishfootballleaguetables.co.uk/final/indexftables.html  It looks like most years you would need a minimum of 79 points to finish in 3rd in League Two - some seasons a little lower and in some seasosns it can even be in the mid 80's!

They have "amassed" a whopping 7 points this season from their 8 games - at a rate of 0.875 ppg (for gasheads reading: divide the fingers on your left hand by your total number of toes). To guarantee promotion from here they have to collect 72 points from their remaining 38 games a rate of 1.89 ppg

So even if they double their current performace they will still fall quite a bit short of the rate needed. That promotion guarantee is looking long odds to me already!

???

His win ratio is over a much longer period of games - admittedly mostly in league One and not the basement where they now find themselves. There is nothing there either to suggest they are shortly going to flip into some sort of automatic promotion form, so Joey's insistence that they will gain promotion is looking ever more bizzare and Trunp like.

His win rate, lack of results, crowd reaction today all suggest that rovers may have to sack him - but can they afford to do that? If they can afford to sack him maybe Wally should hide the cigars in his office in his desk drawer when he invites Joey in for a chat. If they cant afford to sack him and are hoping the court case solves the problem for them what state will they be in by that time.

Whichever way this pans out there is plenty of life left in this thread.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, Cider_boy said:

They're a strange lot from sagchat:

"Fair play to the person that launched half a raw carrot at the end. Who the **** brings carrots to a game?"

no carrot, no party?

Presumably they got this in exchange for the cabbage they lent to Aston Villa....