IGNORED

Basement Rovers dustbin thread

42nite

11 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Why the **** would we send young players to a convicted criminal, among other reasons(?)

Imagine one of our youngsters at their interview if they signed for that shower? 'Yeah, great training facilities, great fan base' while trying to keep a straight face after leaving the HPC and Ashton gate with 20K+ crowds for the swamp, 6K and their social club?

Edited by Ska Junkie

It's a well written rant, but you, me, anybody knows what actually happened. Pure rumour and speculation. In the mean time, he's actually putting a good squad together and getting some decent performances and results together.

Getting some decent performances and results together? I'd argue the only decent performance so far was the first half against crisis club Oldham and the game against Cheltenham's reserve/youths in the tin pot trophy. Other than that we got outplayed by Mansfield with barely a chance created, outplayed and lost vs Stevenage at home, lost the game conceding 4 goals in 25 minutes vs Exeter and couldn't beat a team who finished 21st in League Two last season despite having a man advantage for over an hour.

1 hour ago, Marcus Aurelius said:
It's a well written rant, but you, me, anybody knows what actually happened. Pure rumour and speculation. In the mean time, he's actually putting a good squad together and getting some decent performances and results together.

Getting some decent performances and results together? I'd argue the only decent performance so far was the first half against crisis club Oldham and the game against Cheltenham's reserve/youths in the tin pot trophy. Other than that we got outplayed by Mansfield with barely a chance created, outplayed and lost vs Stevenage at home, lost the game conceding 4 goals in 25 minutes vs Exeter and couldn't beat a team who finished 21st in League Two last season despite having a man advantage for over an hour.

But apart from that it's looking quite positive... 😂

• Haha 1

On 08/09/2021 at 09:38, BCFC11 said:

The Gas vs Swindon...? | Bristol Rovers GasChat Forum

Absolute state of that first post :rofl2br:

Marvellous! Fresh from getting battered by Exeter, scraping a draw with the mighty Barrow and struggling to an undeserved win against Crawley , this chump is still trumpeting the championship potential nonsense. Quite what potential he believes a club with one of the worst stadiums in the league, average to mediocre support and an owner who stumbles from one disastrous manager to another has to achieve championship status is beyond my comprehension. Currently closer to non  league again than the championship. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

I like Mariobalatelis's thinking four posts down on the linked page, though.

I do but I'll always laugh at them wherever we are.  Stoke still had a 100 page thread on Vale when they were in the prem and Vale were on brink of non league. 

Sorry if this has been posted before (I haven’t the time to wade through the thread and check) but I just found this piece of vintage footage from 1981 at Eastville…

”Bristol Rovers are already relegated” - nothing much changes does it!

”Even Bristol Rovers managed a shot on goal after that.” 😂

That poxy hovel they called a ground.

And the “good-natured pitch invasion” at the end - cleared with alsatians and police horses.

My, my - they have come a long way since then haven’t they…

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, WessexPest said:

Sorry if this has been posted before (I haven’t the time to wade through the thread and check) but I just found this piece of vintage footage from 1981 at Eastville…

”Bristol Rovers are already relegated” - nothing much changes does it!

”Even Bristol Rovers managed a shot on goal after that.” 😂

That poxy hovel they called a ground.

And the “good-natured pitch invasion” at the end - cleared with alsatians and police horses.

My, my - they have come a long way since then haven’t they…

I do believe that is the blessed and much missed Terry Cooper playing for them in those clips.