IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

22 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Really? I thought the new stadium on the fruit market site was due to be finished and fully functional by now? Surely Wael hasn’t been caught out telling porkies again just to keep the blue few salivating ?!

I had a meeting at a small development site on Feeder Road last week.  I must say, I'm well impressed with the stadium development that's going on at the Fruit Market.  They've kept disruption and inconvenience to the local businesses and residents to an absolute minimum.  I'm minded to recommend the stadium developers for the Considerate Contractors scheme.  One would hardly know that they're knocking up a massive sports venue.  Flawless and non-intrusive drinks all round, I say.   ?  ?  ?

• Haha 9
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

I had a meeting at a small development site on Feeder Road last week.  I must say, I'm well impressed with the stadium development that's going on at the Fruit Market.  They've kept disruption and inconvenience to the local businesses and residents to an absolute minimum.  I'm minded to recommend the stadium developers for the Considerate Contractors scheme.  One would hardly know that they're knocking up a massive sports venue.  Flawless and non-intrusive drinks all round, I say.   ?  ?  ?

I think this is the real reason that Cattle Market Rd is closed. They will reopen it just before Xmas and we will find a 27001 seater stadium has been hiding in the feeder,  just waiting to emerge through the discarded old boots and shopping trolleys.

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, chinapig said:

So the toilet block is done then. When are they building the rest?

More to the point - why would you build something brand new, then immediately after construction decide it was too small and start to extend it? FFS - great bit of design there. Could be a new Kevin McCloud programme on C4 - w@nkdesigns 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

More to the point - why would you build something brand new, then immediately after construction decide it was too small and start to extend it? FFS - great bit of design there. Could be a new Kevin McCloud programme on C4 - w@nkdesigns 

Building a stand and then realising its not big enough, because you've forgotten to put in Row M...?! 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

This is the main problem with buying on the internet ?

2 hours ago, Busterrimes said:

@Shaun Taylor You will love the irony from Gaschat.

That was tinpot from FGR, refused to give us more tickets and then couldn’t sell out their own home areas for the biggest game in their history at the time. 

? 'They're top of the table, they do what they want.' ?

Damn right too!

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

As so to be less intrusive,they’ve built it in the style of an old fruit market,who would of thunk it.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, BS3City said:

It's true, Rovers are redeveloping the Fruit Market. I managed to sneak in and take the following picture...

2719c397fb074d590787e300027fa61b.thumb.jpg.6a666e4d3321dc68c0d4a9d51fa29cf7.jpg

Did anyone tell them it's meant to be a football stadium?

Sorry - is that their current ground, or an artist impression of some new plans...?

• Haha 2

Just had a quick look at what was going on in methane land and stumbled across a (I assume) light-hearted thread where their current form, in L2, is better than ours so they're a better team. No mention of the 2 division gap and the standard of opposition.

At least we admit we're crap eh! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Just had a quick look at what was going on in methane land and stumbled across a (I assume) light-hearted thread where their current form, in L2, is better than ours so they're a better team. No mention of the 2 division gap and the standard of opposition.

At least we admit we're crap eh! 

Things like this, along with mumbling `82` at us, is literally all they have.

5 hours ago, Malago said:

Jailbird Joey due in court two time this month.  I believe the 17th for the domestic abuse charge and the 26th for the assault on Stendal.  Should be entertaining.

Just playing out a fantasy to take my mind off how shite we are at the moment but, wouldn't it be beautiful if Biffer Barton gets the tent dwellers on a bit of a run, just in time to take a break at her Majesty's pleasure. The nice man with the posh watch will be forced to sack him and no doubt find another low calibre replacement who will accept a handful of magic beans to take charge. The wheels then come off  and their brief little sojourn in the top half of the table ends. Before you can say "plastic furniture" they're shitting bars of fudge that they're heading for another stint in League 5. 

Just let me hold on to that dream for a while.......

?

• Haha 2