IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

They are the least self aware fans around. Criticise other grounds that they can only dream of having. Slag off attendances when they barely get 6k for a League game. I was told they couldn't sell their allotment of tickets for Saturday, even though they boast about how well they travel. Chatting to some Coventry fans Saturday, interesting that they were not fond of the squatters either, even though the blue few think they are loved World wide. 
Seeing as some of theirs thought it fitting having photos of gas flags at Auschwitz , I'm not surprised at the depths they go. Over the years, all fans have sung horrendous songs, they just haven't moved with the times it seems.  

Massive club my arse - I read earlier Stockport took 5,000+ to Bolton on Saturday (granted the mileage is far less but that's almost as much as a Rovers home gate)

2 hours ago, YellowBird said:

Oxford fan here, i was at the game yesterday, and seriously, after looking at those idiots in blue and white, a few things to point out 1) yes we have a three sided ground (and yes myself and my husband are embarrassed about)

2) although you guys on here don't read our local newspaper (because you wouldn't) we are now looking at a new ground 3) i have been to the toilet , sorry Rovers ground (call that a ground) a few times, and 'they' have the nerve to rip ours apart, but the last thing that really made a few people very angry, is singing songs about Matty Taylor dying, i never used to take rivalry in other Towns/Cities, as been an Oxford fan, 'our' friends down the A420 or up the road in Reading (we don't look at Wycombe), but now, Rovers took it too far, sure, shout abuse, but people (Matty) singing about dying, no, there is no need for that in football, WHOEVER YOU SUPPORT.

Sorry, i know this is a little OTT, but sometimes reading your comments on here, do make me laugh.

Thank you for reading this....

when you eventually play us, you'll see some Bristol supporters can show class. That poisonous little lot most certainly have none whatsoever. 

Matty will get a very good ovation from our lot, guaranteed. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, YellowBird said:

Oxford fan here, i was at the game yesterday, and seriously, after looking at those idiots in blue and white, a few things to point out 1) yes we have a three sided ground (and yes myself and my husband are embarrassed about)

2) although you guys on here don't read our local newspaper (because you wouldn't) we are now looking at a new ground 3) i have been to the toilet , sorry Rovers ground (call that a ground) a few times, and 'they' have the nerve to rip ours apart, but the last thing that really made a few people very angry, is singing songs about Matty Taylor dying, i never used to take rivalry in other Towns/Cities, as been an Oxford fan, 'our' friends down the A420 or up the road in Reading (we don't look at Wycombe), but now, Rovers took it too far, sure, shout abuse, but people (Matty) singing about dying, no, there is no need for that in football, WHOEVER YOU SUPPORT.

Sorry, i know this is a little OTT, but sometimes reading your comments on here, do make me laugh.

Sadly, Matty will be in for FAR worse at the dump (if he plays), during the replay.

On 08/11/2021 at 09:13, YellowBird said:

The Matty Taylor situation hurt them like you wouldn’t believe. They were all gloating about how they were  definitely getting promoted and we were definitely getting relegated blah blah...then we sign their best player for peanuts. He helped us stay up and they bottled it.

They pretend they’re over it but they’re not.

Just be grateful you don’t have to live in the same City as the bitter and twisted, B.O. stinking, badly dressed bastards.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 2

3 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

The Matty Taylor situation hurt them like you wouldn’t believe. They were all gloating about how they were  definitely getting promoted and we were definitely getting relegated blah blah...then we sign their best player for peanuts. He helped us stay up and they bottled it.

Just be grateful you don’t have to live in the same City as the bitter and twisted, B.O. stinking, badly dressed bastards.

Its funny but a few prem fans i know go to both City and Rovers and said the fans at the mem dress and look really scabby. Not sure whether they were doing it to humour me even my gas head mates say there are some proper odd balls that go there especially in the stand behind the goal.

3 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Inbred subhumans. That's reality.

**** the lot of em. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Original OTIB said:

Heard on the radio that Gas v Trannies now Sat 20th (rather than Friday), same day as us v Blackburn. Moved owing to Oxford replay on the Tuesday. Odd this was waved through.

I don`t think it matters any more. Julie, the A&S bobby that used to post on here said the police have no problem with it subject to the opposition. Blackburn & Tranmere won`t be a problem but if we were home to Cardiff and them Swindon one would have to move.

IIRC their biggest concern was fans in colours meeting up in the centre before and after the game.

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I don`t think it matters any more. Julie, the A&S bobby that used to post on here said the police have no problem with it subject to the opposition. Blackburn & Tranmere won`t be a problem but if we were home to Cardiff and them Swindon one would have to move.

IIRC their biggest concern was fans in colours meeting up in the centre before and after the game.

Yeah police arnt bothered these days. The problem used to be that we shared stewards and thus there wasn't enough to go around. I'm assuming that's no longer a problem. 

2 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

Yeah police arnt bothered these days. The problem used to be that we shared stewards and thus there wasn't enough to go around. I'm assuming that's no longer a problem. 

Policing is also taken into account, but their "crowds" are so low these days this is probably irrelevant unless it's a big name or local opposition as mentioned above.

3 minutes ago, PhilC said:

Policing is also taken into account, but their "crowds" are so low these days this is probably irrelevant unless it's a big name or local opposition as mentioned above.

And the fact there is a Christmas wreath making event at John Lewis that weekend which will clearly have a major impact on the gas attendance

• Haha 10

2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

ruddy hell....3 lots of rovers fans in bristol on the same day......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

.... and didn’t Dopey Darrell say Matty would only go for £10m ?!!! What a clown ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

Gas fixture has been moved from the Friday to Saturday 15:00. Same day we play Blackburn at home at the same time. 

So when they have a pitiful attendance that day they can blame us,  which would make a change from blaming the ballon festival, or bike race on the downs or Tokyo World or Christmas shopping or the Rugby or a protest for world peace on the centre , have I missed any other excuses for their poor crowds.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bs3 said:

So when they have a pitiful attendance that day they can blame us,  which would make a change from blaming the ballon festival, or bike race on the downs or Tokyo World or Christmas shopping or the Rugby or a protest for world peace on the centre , have I missed any other excuses for their poor crowds.

Their football?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, The Original OTIB said:

Heard on the radio that Gas v Trannies now Sat 20th (rather than Friday), same day as us v Blackburn. Moved owing to Oxford replay on the Tuesday. Odd this was waved through.

They'd allow Manor Farm to play at home on the same day as us, so I can't see why they wouldn't let Rovers..! 

• Haha 2