IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

22 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

From Devon Live:

“Rovers fans booed their team off at the break – those that hadn’t left anyway.”

From Devon Live:

“The remaining Rovers fans were feeling a lot better about their team's performance later on until they realised that the Exeter team hadn't bothered going back out for the second half.”

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 11
  • Flames 2

42 minutes ago, cheese said:

Screens?

index.jpg

I used to fix them a long, long time ago! Bloody nightmare they were as well, vacuum tape readers.

These bad boys too...

IBM System/36 - Wikipedia

The height of technology they were, had about 50MB storage, solid coil n all.

Fits in nicely with the gas as it's from the 80's. ;)

Edited by Ska Junkie

58 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I used to fix them a long, long time ago! Bloody nightmare they were as well, vacuum tape readers.

These bad boys too...

That brings back so many memories.  My favourite was attempting to sellotape the tape back together after standing on it!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

These bad boys too...

Ah, 1973, Barclays Bank in Dursley, Burroughs TC500.  The banks were just starting to go 'computerised' so any counting errors I made, I would just say that it was a computer error and the customers fell for it every time!  

As this is the BRFC dustbin thread, I'm happy to get back on topic………………B011ux2em.

IMG_4752 r.jpg

IMG_4758 r.jpg

9 minutes ago, TinMan's left peg said:

Wasn’t there a mythical photo of Sir Colin Daniel receiving a trophy or bottle of champagne from super scotty Murray years ago? I seem to remember that we weren’t allowed to see at the time it as it might upset the blue few.  Surely enough time has now passed? 

Ahh go on then, I can't find that but because nostalgia is a lot better than it used to be ...

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, TinMan's left peg said:

Wasn’t there a mythical photo of Sir Colin Daniel receiving a trophy or bottle of champagne from super scotty Murray years ago? I seem to remember that we weren’t allowed to see at the time it as it might upset the blue few.  Surely enough time has now passed? 

Surely if it was mythical it wouldn’t exist?! 

• Admin
4 hours ago, TinMan's left peg said:

I know that it was planned to happen but am pretty sure if was discouraged from happening by the club and didn't happen in the end - but I may be wrong

22 hours ago, Jim Davey said:

Think it might of been the away game at port vale 

Talking of which.

Here is an interesting, quite illuminating article about our old friend from across the other side of the river, written by the excellent sports journalist, Henry Winter.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/darrell-clarke-my-dad-was-a-disgrace-of-a-man-i-never-regretted-cutting-him-off-hr69x0ptc

I believe it may be behind a paywall, so if it doesn't show I'll repost with the original article.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Talking of which.

Here is an interesting, quite illuminating article about our old friend from across the other side of the river, written by the excellent sports journalist, Henry Winter.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/darrell-clarke-my-dad-was-a-disgrace-of-a-man-i-never-regretted-cutting-him-off-hr69x0ptc

I believe it may be behind a paywall, so if it doesn't show I'll repost with the original article.

Interesting unsanitised article. I didn’t know any of that background, including his Mansfield history - who relegated Rovers of course. I also didn’t know he was at Hartlepool and looking at the lineups it looks like he came on just before we turned the play off semi around spectacularly!