IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

And League 2 is so tight with so much dross, it doesn’t take an amazing side to get promoted, so that massive gulf you speak of is not as massive as you think it is

21 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I think budget is irrelevant

27 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Barton unbelievably has managed to cobble together a team with no money 

Budget is probably less relevant in a division with “so much dross” as you put it. Must be nice to ‘cobble together’ a team and still be considered bookies favourites for promotion.

Unfortunately we’re in the Championship where there is very little ‘dross’ and unlike the Gas we can’t rely on signing 20 cloggers in the Summer to be competitive.

4 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Blackpool, Luton, Millwall to name 3 seem to be coping ok with similar restrictions, all I’m hearing is excuses, I’m not asking for promotion this season, I’m asking for improvement after 30 odd games of being manager, that’s not too much to ask.

Ok mate, I get it…things aren’t going well with Pearson at the moment.

Theres probably other threads where this can be discussed in fairness.

We all want improvement, hopefully we’ll see it sooner rather than later.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

We routinely did spend spend higher than our league position when LJ was in charge. So no, he wasn’t a genius.

We spent 60m in 3 years under LJ. Nige has spent.. 2(?) if that.

Really..? Again...? 

Go on, I'll humour you.... But how much did we bring in in fees during that time...? 

44 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

You really think Pearson’s budget, comparatively speaking, is tighter than Barton’s budget at Rovers?  Really?  All I’m stating is facts, Barton unbelievably has managed to cobble together a team with no money who has started winning, I don’t think it’s much to ask that Pearson, after 30 odd games and the end of last season to work out what needs doing, to start doing the same, especially considering his experience 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Really..? Again...? 

Go on, I'll humour you.... But how much did we bring in in fees during that time...? 

If you look at the post that I am replying to..

13 hours ago, Northern Red said:

******* hell can we at least keep this thread for taking the piss out of them?

Plenty of other threads for the resident miseries to whine about how shit everything about City is.

Think we maybe also need a ‘Gas are amazing’ thread along the lines of “Nailsworth is like, OMG, a Mecca of world football, so being 14th in the same league is a massive achievement… thread”. Feel it also needs something about BS7 having the best kit, stadium and supporters, but thread title might get a bit lengthy. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

Think we maybe also need a ‘Gas are amazing’ thread along the lines of “Nailsworth is like, OMG, a Mecca of world football, so being 14th in the same league is a massive achievement… thread”. Feel it also needs something about BS7 having the best kit, stadium and supporters, but thread title might get a bit lengthy. 

not if its titled FTG  like it should be

17 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Really..? Again...? 

And how much did we spend on wages and agent's fees? The accounts tell you what was being spent in comparison to what was being recouped. £5m centre forwards don't play for **** all as far as I am aware and their Agent's don't work for **** all on the transfer either and whilst we are at it neither do the solicitor's doing the legal stuff on these transfers. Even £1m "punts" at Championship level are spunking more than enough up the wall on wages, agents fees and the like - which means it's not really a £1m punt in any event. You can look at this in plenty of ways to suit an agenda.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

And how much did we spend on wages and agent's fees? The accounts tell you what was being spent in comparison to what was being recouped. £5m centre forwards don't play for **** all as far as I am aware and their Agent's don't work for **** all on the transfer either and whilst we are at it neither do the solicitor's doing the legal stuff on these transfers. Even £1m "punts" at Championship level are spunking more than enough up the wall on wages, agents fees and the like - which means it's not really a £1m punt in any event. You can look at this in plenty of ways to suit an agenda.

Eh..? 

Simplae facts are that under LJ, we made far more money from transfers out, than was spent on transfers in. 

Take whatever costs you like into account and we'll still have made a significant trading from during his tenure, despite alot of the reinvestment being wasted or misplaced. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Could well be . But **** it, bring it on, it might liven up BS3. 

Might liven it up a bit more if their fans didn’t stand their gawping for most of it. In the JPT game you could tell that most of the Ritzy boys near the netting on their side in the East End hadn’t experienced a Bristol derby before…too used to Morecombe and Fleetwood away.

Rabbits in the headlights.

Bloody hell we used to play them every season ?

Even if we do end up in the same division as them you can’t erase the last 21 years.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Could well be . But **** it, bring it on, it might liven up BS3. Because at the moment it’s the most boring time in my era of watching city. We need something to get us going. 

F€ck that we would have nothing to gain . Anything but a win by a few goals would be underachieving and if we ended up in the same league as them with the money we have spent and the infrastructure we have it would be so embarrassing.

• Like 1

I don't miss a Bristol derby one bit because it would be due to us being poor at the time and sinking to their level if ever there was another.

As a club and its been said many times before we have moved on at a pace on and off the pitch and granted the football on the pitch isn't great at the moment  but the infrastructure is there to start again. You'll never do that with a few tents, a handful of washed up players in their mid thirties and Santa's Grotto.

I'd happily never play them again. There I've said it.

• Like 17

1 hour ago, Swede said:

I don't miss a Bristol derby one bit because it would be due to us being poor at the time and sinking to their level if ever there was another.

As a club and its been said many times before we have moved on at a pace on and off the pitch and granted the football on the pitch isn't great at the moment  but the infrastructure is there to start again. You'll never do that with a few tents, a handful of washed up players in their mid thirties and Santa's Grotto.

I'd happily never play them again. There I've said it.

Totally with you. No win fixture for us.

We used to be on the same level as them every season. These days a Bristol League Derby would signify failure on our part and a Cup Final for them. Bizarrely they seem to take some enjoyment and pride from that fact. ?

Kind of like “how shit must you be? you’re playing US”.

Thats what 2 decades of being in the shadows do to you I suppose.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

When did they last get 7,000? Not that I take that much notice of their attendances - just kinda assume they are mostly small ...

They got 7,000 when they played Forest Green in that league.... it's just what they do, massive.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/bristol-rovers/attendances/2014-2015

• Thanks 1