IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

I’d add to my previous post and ask if the league and the circumstances that led to it were irrelevant, how many would turn down both clubs fighting it out in the same division again? We basically monopolised football in this City over the last 5 years to the point where the Gas weren’t even an after-thought and still didn’t have the arse to get promoted, is there anyone not bored by the lack of a derby or properly meaningful games? That’s what football is for after all isn’t it? 

Hate Cardiff and that game produces a good atmosphere but has lost its edge on the whole and like many fixtures these days is much funner away. The gas on our tails is one the few things guaranteed to bring a bit of fire back to AG. 

Edited by Bouncearoundtheground

3 minutes ago, Selred said:

To be honest I can see a bit of a run from them after this result. A sort of result that galvanises a club.

Yeah few decent results recently including teams on decent form. League 2 has always been like that from memory, they could go and lose a few easily now but they sure showed character tonight despite Oxford having a couple chances to make it 4.

7 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yeah few decent results recently including teams on decent form. League 2 has always been like that from memory, they could go and lose a few easily now but they sure showed character tonight despite Oxford having a couple chances to make it 4.

I wish we'd taken 7 points from our last 5 games, but that said the Exeter embarrassment shows how fragile the side is and - to me - suggests they are nowhere near genuine promotion contenders.

Were something to upset the management of the club, who knows what might happen... :whistle:

1 hour ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Gas picking up would be good for us I reckon. Gives even regular league games more of an edge. As much as it’s funny seeing them languish in mediocrity it’s at least a contribution to the staleness of Ashton Gate at the moment. Just based on previous eras. 

Mediocrity...? 

That's very generous for a club in the basement league. 

They'd love to be mediocre..! 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

"It was pandemonium at the end" says soon to be incarcerated Joey Ballsack.

Just how much pandemonium can 4k make?      "They'll NEVER forget it !" says JB Something to keep you warm at night in those long lonely nights....tick tock ! 

I think a few thousand Gasheads must have forgot it, seeing as there was lass than 5000 in attendance (including 500 + Oxford)

6 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

That’s a bit awkward...

5802E7A2-01B0-4DE2-8EAE-30A424AA470F.jpeg

5 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

"It was pandemonium at the end" says soon to be incarcerated Joey Ballsack.

Just how much pandemonium can 4k make?      "They'll NEVER forget it !" says JB Something to keep you warm at night in those long lonely nights....tick tock ! 

4 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

I think a few thousand Gasheads must have forgot it, seeing as there was lass than 5000 in attendance (including 500 + Oxford)

And that was with a "quid a kid" scheme and a 7pm kick off because it was a school night. 

• Haha 1

Was working at the game last night, just incredible, the second half of extra time gave this neutral goosebumps.

Rovers take the lead on 48, Kark Robinson makes a tripe sub on 54 including Matty Taylor who got dogs abuse all night. He comes on, scores a pen with 90 seconds, 1-1. No further goals, extra time.

Billy Bodin, another ex-Gas makes it 2-1 and it's soon 3-1, goals on 91 and 92. Gas dead and buried, no way back from here. Joey Barton makes a triple sub of his own intoducing among other Sion Spence, a Crystal Palace loanee watched on by the bloke sat next to me, his loans manager Mark Bright (yes, that one!). Spence scores on 109 to give them a glimmer of hope then Aaron Collins, who's level on goals with Dan Bentley, absolutely creams a 25 yarder into the top bin with his weaker foot on 114. Bloody hell, game on! Then a ball that looks for all the world like it's going out for a goal kick is flicked back for Spence to hammer home the winner on 118 sparking a pitch invasion. Go & watch that goal, if it doesn't give you "Deeeeeeennnneeeeyyyyy" vibes, check your pulse.

A year ago last weekend, I watched Torquay 5 Crawley 6 in the FA Cup First Round. Said then it was the best game I had ever been to, just a shame there were no fans. Last night was almost as good, definitely in my top three and I watch 100+ games a season. Fair play, some on here, nay, most on here hate the Gas and I get that, but **** me, that comeback was something else, it really was. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Hamdon Mart said:

Was working at the game last night, just incredible, the second half of extra time gave this neutral goosebumps.

Rovers take the lead on 48, Kark Robinson makes a tripe sub on 54 including Matty Taylor who got dogs abuse all night. He comes on, scores a pen with 90 seconds, 1-1. No further goals, extra time.

Billy Bodin, another ex-Gas makes it 2-1 and it's soon 3-1, goals on 91 and 92. Gas dead and buried, no way back from here. Joey Barton makes a triple sub of his own intoducing among other Sion Spence, a Crystal Palace loanee watched on by the bloke sat next to me, his loans manager Mark Bright (yes, that one!). Spence scores on 109 to give them a glimmer of hope then Aaron Collins, who's level on goals with Dan Bentley, absolutely creams a 25 yarder into the top bin with his weaker foot on 114. Bloody hell, game on! Then a ball that looks for all the world like it's going out for a goal kick is flicked back for Spence to hammer home the winner on 118 sparking a pitch invasion. Go & watch that goal, if it doesn't give you "Deeeeeeennnneeeeyyyyy" vibes, check your pulse.

A year ago last weekend, I watched Torquay 5 Crawley 6 in the FA Cup First Round. Said then it was the best game I had ever been to, just a shame there were no fans. Last night was almost as good, definitely in my top three and I watch 100+ games a season. Fair play, some on here, nay, most on here hate the Gas and I get that, but **** me, that comeback was something else, it really was. 

Yes, we know.

Fair play to them, it was an impressive result.