IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

36 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Christ, the way they’re talking about last night is as if they just beat Man United to reach the semi finals of the cup…

Yes they’re on form and everyone’s talking about them playing good football

but they’re a vile football club, a woman beating manager and fans who sing about having a party when an ex players dead

**** um

It won't take long for this little bubble to pop.

All it takes is a little *****.

Cue Little Joe (and I don't mean the guy from Bonanza)

• Flames 1

All very well with the Rovers FA Cup exploits, but what will happen if after they get into the third round draw, we get drawn away to them?   In our present run of form and if it doesn't get any better, what would be the odds on them beating us?   Let's hope it doesn't happen, but in this crazy world, who knows!

5 hours ago, alexukhc said:

Christ, the way they’re talking about last night is as if they just beat Man United to reach the semi finals of the cup…

Yes they’re on form and everyone’s talking about them playing good football

but they’re a vile football club, a woman beating manager and fans who sing about having a party when an ex players dead

**** um

I was thinking the same after watching the local news this evening! Yes it was a good result but it was only the first round against a league one team.....hardly Man Utd or running Man City close?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

All very well with the Rovers FA Cup exploits, but what will happen if after they get into the third round draw, we get drawn away to them?   In our present run of form and if it doesn't get any better, what would be the odds on them beating us?   Let's hope it doesn't happen, but in this crazy world, who knows!

I wouldn't fancy our chances against any little, lower league team like them in our current form, we have already been knocked out of one cup by FGR, Gas aren't in the 3rd round yet mind, we are ?

7 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

I see the new CEO is their former commercial manager. The man responsible for the "only Spurs have done more to develop their ground this summer" quote.

The man responsible for their shit pasties, watered down Fanta and out of date crisps.

The man who introduced Ticketmaster as their ticket seller, took their precious supporters club draw in house and ruined their awesome match day program.

Yet he's a very nice man and approachable so seems ideally suited to continuing to bugger things up in a more senior role.

?

True - but never let the truth get in the way of a good story. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

ill tell you what will happen if we got drawn away to em in the 3rd round........mayhem

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

If he fails to be acquitted at both of his impending court cases it will be a sad indictment of the legal system...

Fair enough - you are firmly on Barton’s side, and that’s fine, but you obviously have detailed knowledge of both cases, if you didn’t I doubt you’d tell the world that he must be acquitted or else it’s a ‘sad indictment of the legal system’ ...

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, weepywall said:

I wouldn't fancy our chances against any little, lower league team like them in our current form, we have already been knocked out of one cup by FGR, Gas aren't in the 3rd round yet mind, we are ?

Really? I thought they'd got straight through to the final? Pitch invasion. Hundreds of 'tards literally creaming themselves over this.

It's like Swindon 2014 all over again...

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair enough - you are firmly on Barton’s side, and that’s fine, but you obviously have detailed knowledge of both cases, if you didn’t I doubt you’d tell the world that he must be acquitted or else it’s a ‘sad indictment of the legal system’ ...

WTF are you on about? Go and read my post again and apply a sarcasm filter.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Didn’t the smaller teams use to be able to ask the tie to be reversed, so they could play at a bigger/better stadium? Just a thought! COYR 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Check out some of the comments from the serial offender from his interview the other day, comedy gold.

.47,000 at Wembley

.Taylor should never have joined us

Every word Joey Barton said on Sion Spence's future at Bristol Rovers, Matty Taylor and more - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)

Absolute belter.

Couple of wins and he's bought into the "we're coming for City" mentality that permeates the idiots over there. They'll come crashing down to earth again soon. 

25 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Check out some of the comments from the serial offender from his interview the other day, comedy gold.

.47,000 at Wembley

Every word Joey Barton said on Sion Spence's future at Bristol Rovers, Matty Taylor and more - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)

Absolute belter.

If he's referring to the final they played against Shrewsbury it was the very first match played at the new Wembley, so it was both cursed and infected at the same time.

Also, as Rovers fans like to point out there was probably thousands of obsessed Ted's amongst them hoping to see them lose.

The other 3 were from Shrewsbury.

28 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

If he's referring to the final they played against Shrewsbury

At the time Rovers said they had sold around 39k tickets, which looks about right from the pictures and the empty middle tier. It’s only in the years since that Sagheads have bullshitted that figure up to around 76,000.

Barton is talking about the Conference Play Off Final where the entire attendance was 47k, 20k of whom were from Grimsby.

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

Barton reckons he wouldn’t have done it ?

Yeah...of course he wouldn’t ?

Either he has no ambition, chickenshit or he’s bullshitting. You can see why he’s so well suited to Rovers. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

At the time Rovers said they had sold around 39k tickets, which looks about right from the pictures and the empty middle tier. It’s only in the years since that Sagheads have bullshitted that figure up to around 76,000.

Barton is talking about the Conference Play Off Final where the entire attendance was 47k, 20k of whom were from Grimsby.

Barton reckons he wouldn’t have done it ?

Yeah...of course he wouldn’t ?

Either he has no ambition, chickenshit or he’s bullshitting. You can see why he’s so well suited to Rovers. 

I don't think any manager has a choice these days it's all decided way above them.

14 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

"She fell over" will be the defence in case 1

"He tripped" will be the defence in case 2

Beyond resonable doubt etc.  I rest my case M'lud*

*trousers wedge and gets carried down Gloucester Road

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Malago said:

Wife Beating.  To be held at Wimbledon Magistrates Court.

Did he use a tennis racket? 

*reference to tennis racket was for humorous purposes only 

*note, this forum does not condone domestic violence 

*hope that covers my arse!

Edited by myol'man
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

.47,000 at Wembley

Absolute belter.

"he'll never score a better or more important goal in his career" 

Doesn't show much confidence in the future, if a 1st round FA Cup goal is the pinnacle..! 

• Haha 1