IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Took my car into that Mototech branch a couple of weeks ago - top service by top people - just thought I’d give it a plug ... ??

Come on, Mods…..this is clearly a blatant advert for a business.  Please investigate what I strongly suspect is a breach of forum rules whilst I head out to Mr Doner of 183 Whiteladies Rd, Redland, Bristol BS8 2RY for a tasty, wholesome meal (collection or delivery available).

• Haha 11
  • Flames 1

16 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

i once worked at mototech by the dogs home, i think the site is ideal for them,low tide,warm day,it feckin stinks

I/we probably sent a load of green and yellow vans your way in the early 00's (if you were there at that time).....

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

Hadn't realised but Wael is paying for all the away coaches to go to their away game at Scunthorpe this Saturday, currently sold out 7 coaches

As much as we give them stick this is a very nice gesture especially at this time of the year

That is hell of a lot of Camels ? But, yes a very nice gesture 

32 minutes ago, phantom said:

Hadn't realised but Wael is paying for all the away coaches to go to their away game at Scunthorpe this Saturday, currently sold out 7 coaches

As much as we give them stick this is a very nice gesture especially at this time of the year

But the players, fans and managers have to pay for their own travel...

#CoachLols

58 minutes ago, phantom said:

Great touch, impressive.

Do we know if it's for Christmas , has he sold his watch or is it to apologise for the football they've had to watch for the past few years ?

8 hours ago, Taz said:

I/we probably sent a load of green and yellow vans your way in the early 00's (if you were there at that time).....

when i was there,probably 97-98, we mainly did interlink,dhl and data express,they were a mare as i was expected to be down avonmouth at quarter past sparrow fart and have these gigantor vw vans serviced and back on the road by 8.30am. hated the job but the money was good, got fed  up of commute time to come home to nailsea. (30 mins via temple meads on train,)   90mins in the car most nights,probably worse now

1 hour ago, redsquirrel said:

when i was there,probably 97-98, we mainly did interlink,dhl and data express,they were a mare as i was expected to be down avonmouth at quarter past sparrow fart and have these gigantor vw vans serviced and back on the road by 8.30am. hated the job but the money was good, got fed  up of commute time to come home to nailsea. (30 mins via temple meads on train,)   90mins in the car most nights,probably worse now

Ah, I was still in school then! :bonkers:

2 hours ago, phantom said:

It would be a very nice gesture if that is what he had done.

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Coincidentally, his first team coach represents four consecutive letters in the name of their opponents. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, phantom said:

Such a lovely bloke. 

Such a lovely bloke. 

What nobody has told them is that it’s one way only.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

FTG. Premier League quality now ? 

Chap I sat next to yesterday came from Manchester, he normally watches City and United but drove the Rochdale Chairman down to the Mem. He asked me who the Rovers manager is, I reluctantly told him it was Barton , he was shocked and surprised, couldn't understand why we had appointed him as manager , of course JB had issues and violent episodes while at City he wasn't at all impressed with having Barton as our manager. With Wael following Chelsea and I presume having connections in the game I am surprised he chose JB to manage us with him having such a poor reputation. The chap said the last lower league game he watched was between Posh and Carlisle , he took Alex Ferguson to the match , I said well at least you got entertaining match today his reply was "yes this is as good as the premier League",so at least Barton has got something right. It is odd though since Barton said there are no good teams at this level , well Barton there is one yours!.

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, phantom said:

Well played Mr Wael - that is an admirable gesture - as much as we ridicule our fellow Bristolians (with very good reason!) at least they support a local club and for their owner to fund away travel at Christmas, well, he deserves to be applauded ... ?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

FTG. Premier League quality now ? 

Chap I sat next to yesterday came from Manchester, he normally watches City and United but drove the Rochdale Chairman down to the Mem. He asked me who the Rovers manager is, I reluctantly told him it was Barton , he was shocked and surprised, couldn't understand why we had appointed him as manager , of course JB had issues and violent episodes while at City he wasn't at all impressed with having Barton as our manager. With Wael following Chelsea and I presume having connections in the game I am surprised he chose JB to manage us with him having such a poor reputation. The chap said the last lower league game he watched was between Posh and Carlisle , he took Alex Ferguson to the match , I said well at least you got entertaining match today his reply was "yes this is as good as the premier League",so at least Barton has got something right. It is odd though since Barton said there are no good teams at this level , well Barton there is one yours!.

Henbury been on the grapefruit juice again I see.....

• Admin
10 minutes ago, bert tann said:

Yes.

It sounds like a lovely gesture from a lovely bloke to personally pay for supporters to travel to the game but to the best of my knowledge that is not what is happening.

Maybe not directly possibly, but ultimately the travel is free and at some point it hits him in the pocket