IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

part of joeys speech on covid and his squad....

''"We're human beings, it's spread among the human population. Just because we have shin pads on and a footy kit, the virus isn't going to leave us out because we've got fixtures to play on a Saturday," Barton added.

"It's just the world we're living in at this moment in time. Our lads have been superb on the vaccination front.

"We've had a player who's double vaccinated because of a pre-existing condition, I think he's even had the booster, and he's gone down with a positive test and that then takes out the two players he's in close contact with in his household.''

spot  the bit where hes blatantly lied again.

i didnt realise players house shared either. 

It's called a squat. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cider hoss rules said:

So will this be the second stadium in the fruit market, the original must be built by now

AB0455AD-11FC-4C10-BA2F-753420B7B544.jpeg

Alice couldn't help laughing, as she said, 'I don't want you to hire ME - and I don't care for jam.'
'It's very good jam,' said the Queen.
'Well, I don't want any TODAY, at any rate.'
'You couldn't have it if you DID want it,' the Queen said. 'The rule is, jam tomorrow and jam yesterday - but never jam today.'
'It MUST come sometimes to "jam to-day,"' Alice objected.
'No, it can't,' said the Queen. 'It's jam every OTHER day: today isn't any OTHER day, you know.'
'I don't understand you,' said Alice. 'It's dreadfully confusing!'

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

52 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

"Word from some in the know....."

He has "sources" don't you know.

Does this guy have two heads or is he posting on behalf of the Keynsham Few (ie two) Blue?

Playing there in a couple of years time?????

They haven't even put any planning applications in yet; and the Gas would have to sell the memorial ground to the developers for a knockdown price to even be allowed to rent someone else's stadium.

I'm guessing that there is no way the developers would build a new stadium for the Gas to rent, until they have planning permission for the Horfield site, that will probably go some way to paying for the aforementioned stadium.

Makes you wonder why the Gas don't just sell the Memorial ground themselves for housing; and then buy the fruit Market site; and build their own stadium anyway?

Why do they need the developers???

11 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

They haven't even put any planning applications in yet; and the Gas would have to sell the memorial ground to the developers for a knockdown price to even be allowed to rent someone else's stadium.

I'm guessing that there is no way the developers would build a new stadium for the Gas to rent, until they have planning permission for the Horfield site, that will probably go some way to paying for the aforementioned stadium.

Makes you wonder why the Gas don't just sell the Memorial ground themselves for housing; and then buy the fruit Market site; and build their own stadium anyway?

Don`t be silly. Doing it that way would mean them paying for something and that`s not the R*vers way.

21 hours ago, NcnsBcfc said:

If it was a normal club with a multi million pound owner that would be the obvious  plan. I’m sure it’s all about money. Rovers will get a small portion of the fruit market site and build a small stadium. The cost of the small stadium will be less than the money received for the memorial ground, so Wael makes a profit and recoups some of his losses 

20 hours ago, phantom said:

Screenshot_20211218-144434_Samsung Internet.jpg

As the rearranged match will be midweek, not many will travel so only a mini bus or two will be needed 

38 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

If it was a normal club with a multi million pound owner that would be the obvious  plan. I’m sure it’s all about money. Rovers will get a small portion of the fruit market site and build a small stadium. The cost of the small stadium will be less than the money received for the memorial ground, so Wael makes a profit and recoups some of his losses 

As the rearranged match will be midweek, not many will travel so only a mini bus or two will be needed 

Just because it’s reported about the fruit market it’s not going to happen same as the uwe ,Avonmouth and yTl land it’s all smoke and mirrors 

of course they have to keep sprouting off about getting a new stadium just to keep the fans happy

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

Just because it’s reported about the fruit market it’s not going to happen same as the uwe ,Avonmouth and yTl land it’s all smoke and mirrors 

of course they have to keep sprouting off about getting a new stadium just to keep the fans happy

Sprouting off about the fruit and veg market - I like it ! Lettuce be kind and assume that there is a date for completion 

54 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

Do you think Wally is just dangling a carrot? ?

• Like 1