Jump to content
IGNORED

Basement Rovers dustbin thread


42nite

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Nothing to do with the "show trial", but happened to see a bit of Good Morning on ITV.  Some woman visiting a house (in Bristol) something about the xmas decs, blah blah, "   No red, I notice" the interviewer said. " No " piped up the squirt of a husband, " never have red in this house, nor no robins either" he vouched safe, pointing at his blue Santa is a slag head hat prowedly. His mrs/sister said that he hates the City and also stated that he had a job as a window cleaner.  I said to Mrs S "wonder what he uses for water, his tongue ?" The Mrs then informed me that she thought that was OUR window licker !     I proceeded to tell her that he WAS our window licker/cleaner and that if he comes round here wearing that stupid hat he'll get it stuffed up his arse !

I happened to be off yesterday and saw the bit at the beginning when that Josie woman was stood outside their house with the great big Gas flag hung up on the wall behind her.

I just thought you sad ******* penis.

Such needy attention seekers. 🤣

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Malago said:

I have the sense that even if he’s found guilty, provided he’s not imprisoned, Wally will prevaricate over dismissing Barton.  The Domestic Abuse case is the real problem for Joey.  Found guilty there and he’ll  never work in Football,  or for Bristol Rovers, again.

 You'd think so, but..... Danny Simpson, to name but one of a number of possible examples.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Admin
52 minutes ago, TheReds said:

Lee Hughes and Luke McCormick seemed to walk straight back into football after being released from prison after causing death by dangerous driving.

Both showed remorse and spent rest of careers teaching others not to go the way they did.  Don't get me wrong it doesn't forgive for one moment what they did but I sense JB won't even acknowledge what he's *allegedly* done

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, RedRock said:

But there’s a proper defence and a Bristol City type-defence.


I left my employers on a matter of principle, as I opposed Government policy. Pity solicitors/QCs have few morals. They should look at the evidence/previous and delegate cases that are ‘clear and obvious guilt’ to  a £10 hour work experience person rather than creaming the public for £500 an hour to line their own pockets defending the indefensible. 

 

We have trial by a jury of our peers. What you’re proposing is trial by lawyers. If juries knew the work experience kid had it because silks has declined the case, juries would convict in those cases. 
Neither you or I want trial by lawyer, we want to be judged, if at all, by our equals. 
The right to representation at a fair trial is the hallmark of a free society. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So the next witness is the assistant coach to Stendel. He says he found Stendel bloodied and shocked. Defence put it to him that he deliberately antagonised during goal celebrations to put Barnsley 3-1 up. He denied. 

Jury have been told they’ll retire to consider verdicts on Thursday. A lot of Wednesday will be taken up by closing speeches and judge’s summing up.

That doesn’t leave a lot of time for anyone to speak in Barton’s favour and if that’s the case, there really is only one way this is going. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

So the next witness is the assistant coach to Stendel. He says he found Stendel bloodied and shocked. Defence put it to him that he deliberately antagonised during goal celebrations to put Barnsley 3-1 up.

 

That is a pathetically weak line of defence. "He annoyed me".

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

So the next witness is the assistant coach to Stendel. He says he found Stendel bloodied and shocked. Defence put it to him that he deliberately antagonised during goal celebrations to put Barnsley 3-1 up. He denied. 

Jury have been told they’ll retire to consider verdicts on Thursday. A lot of Wednesday will be taken up by closing speeches and judge’s summing up.

That doesn’t leave a lot of time for anyone to speak in Barton’s favour and if that’s the case, there really is only one way this is going. 

Indeed

image.jpeg.68516951f20c98853dab6083e23cbba4.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Selred said:

Why will he never work in football again? Danny Simpson was found guilty of domestic abuse and plays for us. Football is a sport with no morals.

There’s a huge difference between a squad player and a manager, who is the main man at a club.  The sponsors of any club that tries to sign Joey, if he’s done for wife beating, will disappear quicker than snow off a dyke and make any potential appointment untenable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Malago said:

There’s a huge difference between a squad player and a manager, who is the main man at a club.  The sponsors of any club that tries to sign Joey, if he’s done for wife beating, will disappear quicker than snow off a dyke and make any potential appointment untenable.

There's not many dykes I know that are all that warm !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

So the next witness is the assistant coach to Stendel. He says he found Stendel bloodied and shocked. Defence put it to him that he deliberately antagonised during goal celebrations to put Barnsley 3-1 up. He denied. 

Jury have been told they’ll retire to consider verdicts on Thursday. A lot of Wednesday will be taken up by closing speeches and judge’s summing up.

That doesn’t leave a lot of time for anyone to speak in Barton’s favour and if that’s the case, there really is only one way this is going. 

If found guilty of this assault what potential impact on his job? If you or I was found guilty of assault against a Barnsley fan we’d be banned from attending football games

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, daored said:

If found guilty of this assault what potential impact on his job? If you or I was found guilty of assault against a Barnsley fan we’d be banned from attending football games

Really good point. But I’d guess that’s above that law being employed as a manager. Silly, but probably true. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, daored said:

If found guilty of this assault what potential impact on his job? If you or I was found guilty of assault against a Barnsley fan we’d be banned from attending football games

When he was charged for the one involving his Mrs, Wael said anyone at the club found guilty of such charges would be dismissed.

Not sure where he stands on assaulting opposition managers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Gazred said:

When he was charged for the one involving his Mrs, Wael said anyone at the club found guilty of such charges would be dismissed.

Not sure where he stands on assaulting opposition managers.

You could argue it’s football violence - he’s on trial for attacking another manager. What’s the difference of fan attacking another to a manager attacking another manager?

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, daored said:

You could argue it’s football violence - he’s on trial for attacking another manager. What’s the difference of fan attacking another to a manager attacking another manager?

I agree but would add that it didn't happen whilst at Rovers. That would go in his favour imo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Gazred said:

I agree but would add that it didn't happen whilst at Rovers. That would go in his favour imo.

It could I guess, but I guess the counter argument is it’s violence at a football ground. I guess it’s unlikely to happen, recall Duncan Ferguson being found guilty of assaulting an opposition player when playing for rangers 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Gazred said:

When he was charged for the one involving his Mrs, Wael said anyone at the club found guilty of such charges would be dismissed.

Not sure where he stands on assaulting opposition managers.

He did say they were against any form of violence, if that's the case how the hell did he appoint Barton in the first place? I think if he gets found guilty here Al Quidi will be under pressure to get rid.

"Firstly, I think it is really important to confirm that as a club we stand firmly against any form of violence. Any individual that is found guilty of any such offences will be dismissed immediately. I understand the concerns expressed by a number of you.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, daored said:

If found guilty of this assault what potential impact on his job? If you or I was found guilty of assault against a Barnsley fan we’d be banned from attending football games

I'm no expert , but does anyone think he'll get anything more than a suspended sentence if found guilty ?
Feels like it would be harsh, one mans word against another. All be it one man with genuine injuries and the other man Barton.
The one with his wife puts an interesting spin on it potentially. But I see that case being dropped if she doesn't want to press charges.
That of course means he would still have a job, and he could finish that job by taking them down and every ones a winner.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I'm no expert , but does anyone think he'll get anything more than a suspended sentence if found guilty ?
Feels like it would be harsh, one mans word against another. All be it one man with genuine injuries and the other man Barton.
The one with his wife puts an interesting spin on it potentially. But I see that case being dropped if she doesn't want to press charges.
That of course means he would still have a job, and he could finish that job by taking them down and every ones a winner.

This has already been bypassed, there is no need for the partner to press charges.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...