IGNORED

Basement Rovers dustbin thread

42nite

On 30/11/2021 at 08:51, Galley is our king said:

Surely though if found guilty, whether he goes to prison or not,  the FA would charge him with something? Bringing the game into disrepute?

Can the FA charge him with being a horrible little knob?

They certainly ought to remove it, if he is found guilty.

12 minutes ago, TomF said:

Anyway anyone heard how the trial has gone today? 

No updates in Bristol Live, but, according to GasChat, the case was adjourned this morning and,  in any event, the local reporter covering the case was taken ill so they are receiving no news.

If the case was being heard today, there are Law Society sites that will provide details, but I have forgotten their address!

If they were aiming for something like Shrewsbury's New Meadow, then possibly but never something 20k.

Bias aside, i don't see a football stadium there making much sense at all.

Years of stuff to go through yet, I'll believe it when i see it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Says adjourned until 10:30 here?

35075A02-7A08-4EB9-AAFD-CAD153DA9D5B.png

That’s what I mentioned earlier, but I have been unable to establish whether the adjournment was for later today or for tomorrow.

Has there been a major development, being discussed confidentially behind closed doors or just a breakdown in communication from the Court?

8 hours ago, Stortz said:

I'm old enough to remember back in the dim mists of time (2018), when the area around Temple Meads was deemed so utterly unsuitable for an arena that one had to be built by Rees's dodgy Malaysian mates in South Gloucestershire.

I wonder if the owner has seen the way the wind is blowing with the trial and wants to get out some good news sharpish- before his crazy decision to appoint Barton is shown up for the awful error of judgement it clearly is.

Yet another pipe dream imo.

Actually Marvin considered Temple Meads unsuitable, the planners who gave it permission and the intended arena operators (one of the world’s largest) did not. Marvin’s friends YTL, are building the arena in Bristol, if only by about 50m or so. 

10 minutes ago, weeble said:

Actually Marvin considered Temple Meads unsuitable, the planners who gave it permission and the intended arena operators (one of the world’s largest) did not. Marvin’s friends YTL, are building the arena in Bristol, if only by about 50m or so. 

Yeah, convenient for them that they found some gullible sap that could help them repurpose  a dilapidated but listed building AND get tens of millions of taxpayers cash spent on making it accessible. 

Biggest question that needs asking, is did discussions on the Fruit Market site began before or after the decision was made to write off the money spent on arena island, and if before, did it factor in the decision to abandon the city centre arena. 

34 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Adjourned after 11 minutes? Seems a bit odd to me. 

The prosecution solicitor was unwell so applied for a adjournment until tomorrow. 

Apparently not covid so fully expected to finish tomorrow with jury being set to make decision still tomorrow 

Only know this as saw report on sky sports news this morning 

21 minutes ago, phantom said:

The prosecution solicitor was unwell so applied for a adjournment until tomorrow. 

Apparently not covid so fully expected to finish tomorrow with jury being set to make decision of guilty tomorrow ,and then bugger off down the pub for a little pre-xmas drinkie !

That's obviously what you meant .     😎:fingerscrossed:

This is what we want........(.@ 1:04)

Edited by slartibartfast
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Well, if you met her in Chasers, you deserve everything you got 😉.

I went there a few times in my (mis-spent) youth, and, when I heard Holloway’s comment about girls at the end of a nightclub evening, I assure you I winced and came out in a cold sweat 😒.

Me too, but a shag was a shag ..... and then you left to go home.

Edited by BigTone
  • Haha 2

Just been over to slagchat to see what they reckon to their latest pie-in-the-sky stadium news.

Most of them seem to think that, for some inexplicable reason, we are angry and jealous about it! They appear to think that, since it`s close to the centre, they will have `retaken Bristol` or some such bollocks.

They really are so far up themselves aren`t they?