IGNORED

Basement Rovers dustbin thread

42nite

Very very brave (stupid) defence being mounted by Joey. Says there was no form of aggression at all at the final whistle. It is incredibly brave! So brave in fact, I’m struggling to believe it!

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-rovers-manager-joey-barton-6294079?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

6 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Very very brave (stupid) defence being mounted by Joey. Says there was no form of aggression at all at the final whistle. It is incredibly brave! So brave in fact, I’m struggling to believe it!

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-rovers-manager-joey-barton-6294079?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Wow!!!  Either he is very stupid or has been badly advised or both

34 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Why?  Should he have said there was hostility between them during the match?  Would that have helped his defence?       (Honest question)

20 minutes ago, 42nite said:

Why?  Should he have said there was hostility between them during the match?  Would that have helped his defence?       (Honest question)

Well, one person saw the push but a few others have referenced the animosity at the final whistle is my understanding. It’s much harder to say something didn’t happen when it’s seen by several people - it makes you look like a liar. Which then leads onto the tunnel incident which was seen by fewer people. It’d almost sound more genuine if he had accepted the first part. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Well, one person saw the push but a few others have referenced the animosity at the final whistle is my understanding. It’s much harder to say something didn’t happen when it’s seen by several people - it makes you look like a liar. Which then leads onto the tunnel incident which was seen by fewer people. It’d almost sound more genuine if he had accepted the first part. 

Particularly as there is camera footage from a phone with Barton saying "stop being such a ****". 

Open and shut case, surely? Witness saying he saw Barton do it, Stendel had injuries, Barton in denial there was any animosity despite evidence to the contrary. Bang him up

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Particularly as there is camera footage from a phone with Barton saying "stop being such a ****". 

Open and shut case, surely? Witness saying he saw Barton do it, Stendel had injuries, Barton in denial there was any animosity despite evidence to the contrary. Bang him up

Give the bastard Life.............................

• Like 3

Sky sports news just reported from outside the court, all over for today

JB gave 1 hour 45 minutes of answers this afternoon to cross examination, in complete denial about causing the injury, but admitted using "industrial language"

Closing speeches at 10:30am tomorrow before judge will send jury out to decide, that should start about lunchtime

So this should be over in time for him to take a beating from Sutton United or the judge will say "take him down".

When is he likely to be tried for assaulting his wife?  Unfortunately, the judge will not be able to take this into account, though of course he has to take into account his previous convictions from which he has not learnt his lesson.

I wonder who is paying for his defence. Those QCs don't come cheap.

Edited by wendyredredrobin

55 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

"Barton, now in charge of League Two side Bristol Rovers, also told a jury of six women and five men there had been no hostility towards Stendel."

Why is the jury only 11 people? Did I miss something?

• Admin
2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

"Barton, now in charge of League Two side Bristol Rovers, also told a jury of six women and five men there had been no hostility towards Stendel."

One got a red card. Standard protocol when up against the gas. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

6 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

One was dismissed from the jury earlier in the week 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

don't forget new builds have to have a fair gap between the edge of the playing surface and the front of any stands. 

Another site to gauge their available space.  The O2 in London, is 11 acres, the whole FM site size. Just the dome, not the surrounding area. 

main-qimg-f84be01f2d566a11b266e8ee90e91cf8-c

So, you can build a giant tent on 11 acres. Beginning to make sense now!

• Haha 1

Just had a look on their forum and they are so deluded it is unbelievable. They are congratulating themselves regarding their new Stadium that will never be built. They actually think they are a big club.  

Some belter has posted this:-

"Re pubs I imagine drinking at the new grounds facilities watching rovers highlights videos from all ages and looking at historic gas memorabilia with ya mates from all over and getting atmossed right up prior to kick off"

..... DELUSIONAL  (THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING)

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

If he is found guilty they should sentence him to do community work in some shithole of a Football ground with a bunch of amateurs.

Oh wait.......

personally,id give him 1000 hours bin and litter picking duty at imperial park with compulsary weekend attendance. or the maccys carpark on airport rd. dodge the gherkin joey  would be my choice game

• Like 1

14 hours ago, richyy66 said:

Just had a look on their forum and they are so deluded it is unbelievable. They are congratulating themselves regarding their new Stadium that will never be built. They actually think they are a big club.  

Some belter has posted this:-

"Re pubs I imagine drinking at the new grounds facilities watching rovers highlights videos from all ages and looking at historic gas memorabilia with ya mates from all over and getting atmossed right up prior to kick off"

..... DELUSIONAL  (THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING)

Brilliant!  'Atmossed right up'..? WTF! And 'historic gas memorabilia'......?  Like the 1972 Watney Cup and their embarrassing promotional table display..? Belters indeed!!

• Haha 2