IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 minutes ago, Malago said:

Scheduled for a week on Friday.  The wife is refusing to give evidence but there’s audio tape of her distressed call to 999 which is the basis of the prosecution.  It’s a Magistrates court, so no dopey jury this time for his brief to hoodwink.  If he’s found guilty ????Wally will come under enormous pressure to sack him.  Can’t see any club this day and age being able to justify the employment of a wife beater.

Be interesting to see the outcome, as my exes partner attacked me and is scheduled for court next Wednesday but unlike Joey has no previous.

I didn’t press charges as some new law meaning I didn’t have to, but also audio tape of the 999 call and witnesses, pics of my injuries and like you said no Jury as in magistrates, he’s already pled guilty as the first court date got adjourned 

He’s looking at a fine and community service, as I said no previous he won’t go down but it be nice comparing what Joseph gets

• Like 1

On 05/03/2022 at 08:06, Miah Dennehy said:

Not that I'm bragging (I am) some of us had a very small punt, to win quite a sizeable amount the other week when we beat Sutton 2-0 :)

I remember when my dear old Dad and grandfather bragged about Roverzzz beating Man Utd 4-0 in the Cup - how times, and your expectations, have changed ... ?? - thrashing the mighty Sutton 2-0, good grief ...

On 04/03/2022 at 21:07, Miah Dennehy said:

TBF we have sold out our allocation , but it was a pitiful amount.  Ah well, I can spend Saturday on my phone watching and hoping you lose while occasionally checking to see how Rovers are getting on.

Hopefully you’re gracious enough to realise that if anyone on here posted the reverse of that on your club’s pitiful forum they’d be banned within hours due to the sensitive, paranoid incumbents of said forum ... you’ve been welcomed on here, and rightly so, don’t you think it’s a pity that it just doesn’t happen in reverse?!

3 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

They look a good bet for at least the playoffs now sadly. 

Nailed on I recon, not far from top 3 either, to be fair and I don't like to be their form since Xmas has been pretty impressive. About 3 weeks ago they were 14/1 for promotion, now down to 13/2. I think they struggle to beat  teams around the top 7 tho, they certainly have the momentum which helps massively at this stage of the season, if they were to go up I think they would struggle in League 1, that league has plenty of big clubs finding it tough to get out of.

The gap is getting smaller, and yes we do have more fans/better ground etc; footballing wise they seem to have what we lack... belief.

They are on a roll we are well, poor to say the least, without other clubs points deductions we could easily be in the same div next season. Our "top" players are well off

32 minutes ago, gl2 said:

The gap is getting smaller, and yes we do have more fans/better ground etc; footballing wise they seem to have what we lack... belief.

They are on a roll we are well, poor to say the least, without other clubs points deductions we could easily be in the same div next season. Our "top" players are well off

Where’s that gas emoji?

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Hopefully you’re gracious enough to realise that if anyone on here posted the reverse of that on your club’s pitiful forum they’d be banned within hours due to the sensitive, paranoid incumbents of said forum ... you’ve been welcomed on here, and rightly so, don’t you think it’s a pity that it just doesn’t happen in reverse?!

I don't go on there, I did have an account on there years ago but it stopped letting me log in and you've been stuck with me ever since :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I remember when my dear old Dad and grandfather bragged about Roverzzz beating Man Utd 4-0 in the Cup - how times, and your expectations, have changed ... ?? - thrashing the mighty Sutton 2-0, good grief ...

The brag wasn't about beating Sutton 2-0, it was about cashing out for £1600 for a £2.60 bet! Which would have been £4300 if I had held my nerve ;(

Edited by Miah Dennehy
typo
  • Like 5
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, gl2 said:

Is this a joke, they’re currently 9th in the basement division in a league where Forest green rovers have run away with the league.. they play complete piss teams every single game.. they should be in the top 3 at the very least 

another super difficult game for them this Saturday.. Harrogate town 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

15 minutes ago, HoldenBall said:

Is this a joke, they’re currently 9th in the basement division in a league where Forest green rovers have run away with the league.. they play complete piss teams every single game.. they should be in the top 3 at the very least 

I disagree, if we played them now I wouldn’t like to predict the outcome.

we are a team in free fall and they are definitely improving 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fanjita said:

We definitely have a bit about us at the moment and I am very much enjoying watching a team play with a bit of passion and so obviously enjoying winning games and yeah maybe, if we played you right now, we MIGHT give you a bit of a game. However, it does seem likely that a couple of the players Barton gave a chance to shine will look to improve their lot in the summer - and why shouldn't they- and even Barton himself is unlikely to be around for years.

It's good fun going to watch Rovers at the moment, I imagine it isn't watching City, but that's football and within a very short space of time things can change.

I won't be getting 'we're coming for you' tattooed on my forehead just yet.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

It's good fun going to watch Rovers at the moment, I imagine it isn't watching City, but that's football and within a very short space of time things can change.

While a lot of this season has been beyond shite, for the last 2 months we have played some good stuff. Being us though, we throw in a few "didn't turn up" games and inconsistencies just so we don't enjoy it too much. Also , seeing some continuity from the last few seasons, we throw opposition a goal or two.
I have probably enjoyed more football in the last 2 months, than I have in the last 2 years. That in itself is sad and shows where we have fallen. 
There are signs, we have promise, but who knows. Until the dust settles on the summer window I doubt anyone will have a clue where we go next.

You, the team in form, in a poor division, missing Promotion would be failure wouldn't it? Bare minimum requirement has to be Playoff's surely .

40 minutes ago, fanjita said:

So if Hull played Port Vale you’d expect them to lose, would you?

They are beating teams like Crawley & Barrow, FFS.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, HoldenBall said:

What do you base this on?  Genuine question as I don't think I could name one player in their squad....not sure if Little and Large (Mark and Brett) are still there?  I know so very little about the "quality" in their squad that I honestly couldn't say where they should be.

What I would say though is that I think they're in with a massive chance of going up.  They're hitting the play-off picture with momentum and we know all too well from 2008 what effect that can have.  Hull were in a similar situation to them at Christmas.  I'd have to grudgingly admit that if they win the play-offs they're probably the team that deserve it for the turnaround.  I only hope that they've peaked too early and begin to drop off, but it's not looking that way at the moment.

I have been watching the highlights for the local teams in League 2 for the past few weeks, quite interesting to me at the moment with FGR top but currently on a bad run and the gas (54 pts), Swindon (55), Newport (56) all in the play off battle, guess you might count Exeter (57) too. I think Rovers are very much outsiders for promotion this season but they are on a good run and seems like things are quite upbeat where as for City it's a little different mood but life in the championship is bound to be more of a struggle due to the much harder teams.

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

While a lot of this season has been beyond shite, for the last 2 months we have played some good stuff. Being us though, we throw in a few "didn't turn up" games and inconsistencies just so we don't enjoy it too much. Also , seeing some continuity from the last few seasons, we throw opposition a goal or two.
I have probably enjoyed more football in the last 2 months, than I have in the last 2 years. That in itself is sad and shows where we have fallen. 
There are signs, we have promise, but who knows. Until the dust settles on the summer window I doubt anyone will have a clue where we go next.

You, the team in form, in a poor division, missing Promotion would be failure wouldn't it? Bare minimum requirement has to be Playoff's surely .

Some would regard it as that, but I just view football very, very differently to how I used to. I don't worry about success as such, I just want to enjoy a good game and atmosphere, just have a good day out. I still want Rovers to win and City to lose, but **** getting stressed out about football any more. If we get n the play offs great, a couple of away days that might be fun, if we don't, we don't. I used to take football far too seriously, I'm glad I don't any more.

• Like 3

Have to confess , I thought Joey Barton was going to crash and burn this season , especially with the court case as a massive distraction.  Hate to say it but the guy is doing an incredible job on a zero budget and has given them a real chance of the play offs !! Bugger ?

9 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Some would regard it as that, but I just view football very, very differently to how I used to. I don't worry about success as such, I just want to enjoy a good game and atmosphere, just have a good day out. I still want Rovers to win and City to lose, but **** getting stressed out about football any more. If we get n the play offs great, a couple of away days that might be fun, if we don't, we don't. I used to take football far too seriously, I'm glad I don't any more.

Fair enough.
I'm a mere 61, so it still annoys and winds me up in equal measure . I tend to get the "good day" out of the way pre match to take the edge off the inevitable loss/capitulation/late goal. 
I must admit, I get to the stage I don't get a little stressed , or take it a little too seriously, I'll probably stop going. 
Unlike my Mrs, I don't think it's "just a game" ?

1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

Have to confess , I thought Joey Barton was going to crash and burn this season , especially with the court case as a massive distraction.  Hate to say it but the guy is doing an incredible job on a zero budget and has given them a real chance of the play offs !! Bugger ?

Signed about 30 players didn't he ?
Some are bound to be at least average :whistle2:

20 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

So if Hull played Port Vale you’d expect them to lose, would you?

They are beating teams like Crawley & Barrow, FFS.

Don’t kid yourself in thinking that if we played Rovers now we would win,,at this moment in time we are not worlds apart 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

Signed about 30 players didn't he ?
Some are bound to be at least average :whistle2:

Yes he’s signed a good number , almost all on a free and moved just as many on too . I just think that bearing in mind about 70% of Gas fans were against him before a ball was even kicked , he’s shown what a hard nosed bar steward he really is ! ( not withstanding the car crash that is never too far around the corner with him ) 

3 minutes ago, fanjita said:

Don’t kid yourself in thinking that if we played Rovers now we would win,,at this moment in time we are not worlds apart 

2 leagues apart, 37 teams between them and us, still a fair gap, of course they could beat us in a one off game just as we could beat Everton, Newcastle etc in a one off game oh and Man Utd !

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Fair enough.
I'm a mere 61, so it still annoys and winds me up in equal measure . I tend to get the "good day" out of the way pre match to take the edge off the inevitable loss/capitulation/late goal. 
I must admit, I get to the stage I don't get a little stressed , or take it a little too seriously, I'll probably stop going. 
Unlike my Mrs, I don't think it's "just a game" ?

I'm a mere whippersnapper at 57. I'm not saying I don't still get a buzz out of it, it just doesn't matter anywhere near as much as it did to me. When we used to play you on a regular basis , I would be stressed for weeks worrying about the game, I'm surprised I didn't have a heart attack at the 1990 game! It's only in recent weeks that I know what games we have coming up, and that's just because , of the recent good run. I was going to games in the past few seasons and would literally not know who we were playing until the day.

I do think football is 'more than a game' .  You make friends for life and there is that sense of belonging, but I don't think I will ever worry about results in the way I used to.

1 minute ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I'm a mere whippersnapper at 57. I'm not saying I don't still get a buzz out of it, it just doesn't matter anywhere near as much as it did to me. When we used to play you on a regular basis , I would be stressed for weeks worrying about the game, I'm surprised I didn't have a heart attack at the 1990 game! It's only in recent weeks that I know what games we have coming up, and that's just because , of the recent good run. I was going to games in the past few seasons and would literally not know who we were playing until the day.

I do think football is 'more than a game' .  You make friends for life and there is that sense of belonging, but I don't think I will ever worry about results in the way I used to.

As we are in (yet another) rebuilding process, all be it one with little or no funds, the performances are as important as results, if not more so. I've come out of games we lost quite happy, and left games we've won not so much.
One thing that has changed massively, I want to win every game, but I'm not sure I want promotion. 
I honestly think if we went up, I'd try and do every game, then probably give up. Just pick and choose games. I really don't enjoy the Prem, I quite enjoy the Championship though.