IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

32 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

It feels like a new beginning now Power has gone. The ground will be bought from the council soon with a 22 million pound refurbishment being talked about 

You have a great catchment area to be fair with no real rivalry, there are a lot of clubs with smaller scope ahead of you in the league structure. Getting some sort of additional investment is a must but shouldn't be out of your reach. I think the ground should stay where it is too, not a great deal of room for expansion, but you don't want an out of town soulless bowl like Reading. You have greater potential than a second Bristol club in my opinion.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

You have a great catchment area to be fair with no real rivalry, there are a lot of clubs with smaller scope ahead of you in the league structure. Getting some sort of additional investment is a must but shouldn't be out of your reach. I think the ground should stay where it is too, not a great deal of room for expansion, but you don't want an out of town soulless bowl like Reading. You have greater potential than a second Bristol club in my opinion.

Fair points you make and I would prefer to stay where we are similar to what you did at Ashton Gate even though you originally tried to move half a mile away. I think our new owner has a lot of contacts which will be crucial in developing the County ground and just a shame we couldn't buy the cricket ground behind the Arkells stand but the pavilion is protected so that's a no go.

5 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I would be amazed if they get in the play offs,  although Port Vale play Mansfield on Tuesday, that isn't one of their gamea in habd as the Gas are playing Owura Edwards Colvhester as well

L

Screenshot_20220313-001739_BBC Sport.jpg

Out of interest why would you be amazed?

they are absolutely flying , the only hope would be they’ve peaked too early?

Edited by Club and Country
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I would be amazed if they get in the play offs,  although Port Vale play Mansfield on Tuesday, that isn't one of their gamea in habd as the Gas are playing Owura Edwards Colvhester as well

L

Screenshot_20220313-001739_BBC Sport.jpg

What a shit league

2nd place with 60 from 36 would well adrift of the play offs in League One

Based on that Rovers are bound to get automatic

9 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

"This afternoon we witness a Gas masterclass on how to win a football game in style.
Forget League Two, we had goals this afternoon that would have been fit for a World Cup final."

Jesus wept...

The Barcelona of the fifth tier are now the Brazil of the entire football league.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Club and Country said:

Out of interest why would you be amazed?

they are absolutely flying , the only hope would be they’ve peaked too early?

Agree - in fact, I think they’ll comfortably make the playoffs and I wouldn’t be surprised at all if they nicked an automatic  spot.

Wont be a popular opinion but fair play to Barton, he’s really turned it around. 

Edited by Kibs
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kibs said:

Agree - in fact, I think they’ll comfortably make the playoffs and I wouldn’t be surprised at all if they nicked an automatic  spot.

Wont be a popular opinion but fair play to Barton, he’s really turned it around. 

So do I re playoffs.

But fair play & Barton don’t ever belong in the same sentence, he’s a scumbag.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

"This afternoon we witness a Gas masterclass on how to win a football game in style.
Forget League Two, we had goals this afternoon that would have been fit for a World Cup final."

Jesus wept...

They do tend to get a little carried away don't they :laughcont:

11 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Jesus wept...

Yeh, and supposedly a crowd to match.

Deluded fool.

Forget League Two. They'll soon be back in the basement where they belong.

3 hours ago, Kibs said:

Just watched the goals on tv and hate to say it but all 3 were good goals.

There hitting form at the correct time 

• Like 1