IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 hours ago, glynriley said:

Imagine a World Cup final with less than 8K in the ground…

700 fewer there yesterday than Carlisle had, who were a bottom five side at the start of the day.

But the local media will still bang on about how amazing their support is.

Reality is it’s actually pretty mediocre.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

700 fewer there yesterday than Carlisle had, who were a bottom five side at the start of the day.

But the local media will still bang on about how amazing their support is.

Reality is it’s actually pretty mediocre.

They said on Sky yesterday that Northampton had 380 fans at Carlisle. Well done to them, that`s a bloody good turnout for a horrible away trip.

27 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

They said on Sky yesterday that Northampton had 380 fans at Carlisle. Well done to them, that`s a bloody good turnout for a horrible away trip.

Agreed that's a good turn out by Northampton. We took 600 up there a couple of weeks ago the day after the storm and quite a few fans that went by train had to turn back at Wigan as the lines were blocked and there was no way of continuing the journey to Carlisle.

Edited by Shaun Taylor
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, slartibartfast said:

I think it's quite funny "all" of them getting excited about the possibility of them getting back to the league in which they've spent most of their miserable existence .......funnier still when they **** it all up !

Part of me wants them to get to the playoffs and get done by Exeter or Swindon but the risk is always there that they win............................

27 minutes ago, 77 punk said:

court case has been moved to may

21 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Cheers guys, I thought it was this week but it seems the courts are allowing him to finish the season first by dealing it until May. He must have the same Lawyer as Giggs!

That seems fair enough, as he is managing a team pushing for promotion, either automatically or via the playoffs.

It might still prove problematic, though, as the playoffs are towards the end of the month, with the final on 28 May.

To be honest, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the whole thing just died a death.

This is the second postponement of what is a Police led victimless prosecution in which the alleged victim, Barton’s wife, claims she wasn’t assaulted.

Notwithstanding the fact there is apparently evidence of the alleged assault (telephone call to the Police, Police video of Mrs B’s alleged injury), this does not appear to be a case where the alleged victim is living in fear of her alleged attacker, thus scared to support a prosecution for fear of being assaulted again; Mr and Mrs B and, very importantly, their children, appear to be living happily together, so, after so long, the CPS might just consider it is not in the public interest (or the children’s) to pursue the case.

We have serving Police Officers on the forum who are far better qualified than me to advise, but we shall see what develops.

12 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

That seems fair enough, as he is managing a team pushing for promotion, either automatically or via the playoffs.

How is that fair enough?  If it was you in the dock for the same thing do you think the judge would delay the case for you because you were in the middle of a project? Not a chance.  Him being a(n alleged) football manager shouldn't factor into the thinking in any way shape or form.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

On 13/03/2022 at 10:01, petehinton said:

Their best players are all loanees, always shirks me when that happens let alone a club like them. Would absolutely piss myself if Barton was found guilty next week, although saying that Wael would probably stick with him

So, you didn't enjoy the season that Tammy Abraham spent on loan at Ashton Gate then?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, In the Net said:

So, you didn't enjoy the season that Tammy Abraham spent on loan at Ashton Gate then?

Funnily enough, no.

But that was nothing to do with Tammy Abraham, it was just a dire season including a club record run of defeats.

There was one good moment though, around the end of January. Trying to remember what it was ?

3C4D7365-363B-4ED7-9575-C8F4CE239E5D.jpeg

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, In the Net said:

god no, it was horrific?! It's also one thing trying to replace that many goals in one player, or lose someone we're so reliant on, even worse if you're trying to replace 2/3 players once they up and leave after their months are over