IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

14 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

@PHILINFRANCE sorry mate, but is there any chance you could change that footer of yours? I find that blokes face popping up all the time very off putting. :) 

Hi @Port Said Red.

Sorry about that.

I tried to insert the photo as my avatar, rather than a footer, and didn't realise how big it would be: I think I have now rectified it.

I don't know whether you have seen the sketch to which my photo referred, but here is the link - I just found it hilarious, and you should try and watch it (it is two minutes long) if you haven't done so already.

Poor old Daniel McAdams.

He is Head of the Ron Paul Institute, and usually quite mild mannered, and I just knew when I started watching the sketch it wasn't him talking.

• Like 1

On 10/03/2022 at 21:53, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair play - either way, an astoundingly good return for a £2.60 bet! Well played ?

Definitely a once in a lifetime kinda bet! I'm off to Cheltenham tomorrow and am hoping for similar luck.

The reality of course is, even when you do get a 800/1 bet come in like I did, if you bet regularly- which I do- you will definitely end up out of pocket!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 13/03/2022 at 10:01, petehinton said:

Their best players are all loanees, always shirks me when that happens let alone a club like them. Would absolutely piss myself if Barton was found guilty next week, although saying that Wael would probably stick with him

I didn't realise that. .  but then I couldn't tell one desperate from another who would want to have that jester's outfit on their C.V. So its a bit like Swindon a few season's ago when they were eye catching one season and dreadful the next dependent on which loans they've got 

On 13/03/2022 at 10:01, petehinton said:

Their best players are all loanees, always shirks me when that happens let alone a club like them. Would absolutely piss myself if Barton was found guilty next week, although saying that Wael would probably stick with him

You've hit the nail on the head there.

The standard in L2 according to colleagues who are gas season tickets holders is extremely dire.

Both their CBs are on loan. As is Elliott Nicholson from Newcastle who is enjoying the piss poor standard no doubt.

Sam Nicholson, and Collins are OOC at the end of the season, and will be off. As will be a load of the team that were only signed on 1 year contracts.

"If" they go up, JB will have to completely rebuild the team for L1. This will cost a lot more than assembling a squad for L2 obviously. Plus he will have lost any momentum from squad departures. Some big teams in the division of course, not like Barrow, Harrogate, Crawleys of this world. Whole different ball game.

I thought his domestic abuse trial was adjourned until May (end of season) by the way?

6 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

You've hit the nail on the head there.

The standard in L2 according to colleagues who are gas season tickets holders is extremely dire.

Both their CBs are on loan. As is Elliott Nicholson from Newcastle who is enjoying the piss poor standard no doubt.

Sam Nicholson, and Collins are OOC at the end of the season, and will be off. As will be a load of the team that were only signed on 1 year contracts.

"If" they go up, JB will have to completely rebuild the team for L1. This will cost a lot more than assembling a squad for L2 obviously. Plus he will have lost any momentum from squad departures. Some big teams in the division of course, not like Barrow, Harrogate, Crawleys of this world. Whole different ball game.

I thought his domestic abuse trial was adjourned until May (end of season) by the way?

Just my bit of pedantry and I might be wrong, but I think the lad from Newcastle is called Anderson?

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

That seems fair enough, as he is managing a team pushing for promotion, either automatically or via the playoffs.

It might still prove problematic, though, as the playoffs are towards the end of the month, with the final on 28 May.

To be honest, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the whole thing just died a death.

This is the second postponement of what is a Police led victimless prosecution in which the alleged victim, Barton’s wife, claims she wasn’t assaulted.

Notwithstanding the fact there is apparently evidence of the alleged assault (telephone call to the Police, Police video of Mrs B’s alleged injury), this does not appear to be a case where the alleged victim is living in fear of her alleged attacker, thus scared to support a prosecution for fear of being assaulted again; Mr and Mrs B and, very importantly, their children, appear to be living happily together, so, after so long, the CPS might just consider it is not in the public interest (or the children’s) to pursue the case.

We have serving Police Officers on the forum who are far better qualified than me to advise, but we shall see what develops.

Lets just say the reasons why Clint Hill had to leave the gas, will come out in due course.

35 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Lets just say the reasons why Clint Hill had to leave the gas, will come out in due course.

Ahh, posts which claim there's something going on but post no actual substance in said post.

Isn't the rumour that the Hills were at the Bartons on the night of the alleged event? 

2 hours ago, NcnsBcfc said:

I was going to mention that, but wasn't sure it was a matter that could be discussed.

2 hours ago, Seventeen said:

Ahh, posts which claim there's something going on but post no actual substance in said post.

Isn't the rumour that the Hills were at the Bartons on the night of the alleged event? 

All circumstantial, of course. but Yes, Mr and Mrs H were apparently present at the event.

You will recall that Clint Hill had to return home shortly after the event became public for 'personal. family reasons' - my perception was that Mrs H was probably giving him grief about him continuing to work with Mr B following the incident.

As @NcnsBcfc says, if this matter does indeed reach Court, then no doubt Mr and Mrs H's presence wil be mentioned - Mrs H may even be called to give evidence for the Prosecution, hence the 'personal family reasons' for which Mr H had to return home and subsequently leave the Club: I can't imagine Mr B being particularly happy if there was some suggestion his assistant's wife was likely to give evidence against him.

Who knows, Mrs H may even have been injured herself during the alleged fracas.

One can only hope that the truth emerges, with or without a Court appearance.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Definitely a once in a lifetime kinda bet! I'm off to Cheltenham tomorrow and am hoping for similar luck.

The reality of course is, even when you do get a 800/1 bet come in like I did, if you bet regularly- which I do- you will definitely end up out of pocket!

It's good practice from bookies to let the "mugs" win once in a while .

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

1993, last year they got a point in the Championship, delusional *****.

Giving it the biggun about us losing a game that would have got us to the prem. When was their last big game ? The daggers at home for a spot in league one?....Well playing us probably. Still they are doing well for a non league team.

7 hours ago, Seventeen said:

It’s a stupid tweet, but it’s done what it was supposed to do and that was to get a reaction. 

Ah the good old 'get they Ted's biting' Bullshit?

That tweet is nothing short of embarrassing, but with a Sag mentality they think it's brilliant.

Strange fanbase.

• Flames 1

Massive game for them on the weekend, two goal win and they go above the current second place team.

Probably as equally important as when we were chasing L1 promotion and took 5,000 on a similar journey to MK. 

I think their allocation is circa 1,500 surely they will sell that out, surely

6 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Ah the good old 'get they Ted's biting' Bullshit?

That tweet is nothing short of embarrassing, but with a Sag mentality they think it's brilliant.

Strange fanbase.

I’m a Rovers fan and I found it embarrassing. Regardless of that though the tweet had an intention and it has done what it was intended to do. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seventeen said:

I’m a Rovers fan and I found it embarrassing. Regardless of that though the tweet had an intention and it has done what it was intended to do. 

The way your club has handled the domestic abuse allegations with your manager is way more embarrassing.. funnily enough you’ve put the ball in the net a few times and all of a sudden morals go out the window for the family club? 

• Like 1