IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, CiderJar said:

Apparently Northampton refused to cook Wael his lucky pre-match lasagne, so he got deliveroo to deliver... and the tweet is a hilarious take on this. One of the replies complained about it and because they @'d deliveroo, deliveroo apologised, officially as if it was a genuine customer complaint.

image.png.89dec8582c089ff588c6fca35ad55403.png

And here's another...

image.png.1680e3ea7f49c21d49e97ce3006c28b0.png

Don't you just love template responses? They always seem so genuine and sincere.

Why didn’t the self proclaimed billionaire bring his own chef? Nice to see the out of touchness stems even at the top of that poisonous club 

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Nor could I especially as our local bookie BetFred has closed down and being an old fashioned type of guy I don’t do online betting.

I much prefer a betting slip in my hand.

Plus, you must be hoping that they have to go into the playoffs again instead in order to drum up business for your minibus company.

• Haha 4

If you can get 60 or 70/1 right now I’d recommend putting a tenner on it.

Speaking purely from a betting perspective FGR are on a serious wobble and Rovers are the inform team.

Don’t ever bet with your heart, having a small amount of money on something doesn’t mean you want it to happen and it won’t influence the outcome anyway. Might as well get a bit of compensation if we have to listen to them boasting all Summer about going up as Basement Champions the tragic tinpot bastards.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 2

Think they’re getting really carried away personally. Still got Bradford, Tranmere, Salford, Port Vale and FGR still to play. Even Carlisle who are in great form atm under Paul Simpson. Could look very silly if they don’t make it, with all this “gas are coming” shite the CEO posts after every game recently. 

47 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Think they’re getting really carried away personally. Still got Bradford, Tranmere, Salford, Port Vale and FGR still to play. Even Carlisle who are in great form atm under Paul Simpson. Could look very silly if they don’t make it, with all this “gas are coming” shite the CEO posts after every game recently. 

And why not? They just won away at rivals Northampton, are now handily placed, have momentum and are full of confidence. Automatic promotion is realistic  imv.

At least they’re not doing a Swindon by winning the league in November………..:rofl2br:

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

If you can get 60 or 70/1 right now I’d recommend putting a tenner on it.

Speaking purely from a betting perspective FGR are on a serious wobble and Rovers are the inform team.

Don’t ever bet with your heart, having a small amount of money on something doesn’t mean you want it to happen and it won’t influence the outcome anyway. Might as well get a bit of compensation if we have to listen to them boasting all Summer about going up as Basement Champions the tragic tinpot bastards.

Wouldn't do that as a saver, you could still lose and they'd STILL go up (whilst I accept they are good odds,) I'd be more tempted by a just to go up bet. Binary, win or lose, and if you lose you win !:laughcont:

Edited by slartibartfast

22 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Wouldn't do that as a saver, you could still lose and they'd STILL go up (whilst I accept they are good odds,) I'd be more tempted by a just to go up bet. Binary, win or lose, and if you lose you win !:laughcont:

Good point, they are 9/2 for top 3 finish and 15/2 to win the play offs, that 9/2 looks tempting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richwwtk said:

Would there be any value in betting on FGR to NOT get promoted? They are 1/200 for promotion so guess you could get good odds the other way. Not quite sure on how that sort of bet works though.

FGR live on SKY tonight if anyone is interested.

16 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Would there be any value in betting on FGR to NOT get promoted? They are 1/200 for promotion so guess you could get good odds the other way. Not quite sure on how that sort of bet works though.

Interesting, can't find odds on them not being promoted but you can get 25/1 on them finishing in the play off places.

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

FGR live on SKY tonight if anyone is interested.

FGR are my nearest League club, so I take quite an interest in their up and downs. I shall watch tonight with interest. I've no idea why they've suddenly stalled ... looking at their match reports their main players are available every week so it's not injuries.