IGNORED

Basement Rovers dustbin thread

42nite

Bang on, if you don't know why we take the p*ss out of Rovers you are either too young to remember when they hand the upper hand in the derbies or you are so old you remember going to Ashton one week and Eastville the next. I went to school in East Bristol in the mid 80s to early 90s and it was relentless until the tide started to turn.

I am that old, and I love taking the piss out the the Gas. Doesn't mean I hate them though - I'm a grownup.

Edited by Aizoon
  • Like 1

My boss is a gashead and earlier in the year he was talking to somebody about NLBR (as they were then) and I heard him mention that "I shouldn't talk about Rovers should I, BS2 Red hates them", quick as a flash I replied "I don't hate Rovers, I just feel sorry for them".

The look of pain on his face when he realised I pitied them was far better than saying I hated them.  :rofl2br:

And yes he refers to me by my forum username. ;) 

My boss is a gashead and earlier in the year he was talking to somebody about NLBR (as they were then) and I heard him mention that "I shouldn't talk about Rovers should I, BS2 Red hates them", quick as a flash I replied "I don't hate Rovers, I just feel sorry for them".

The look of pain on his face when he realised I pitied them was far better than saying I hated them. :rofl2br:

And yes he refers to me by my forum username. ;)

Whenever I get asked if I support City or Rovers, I used to say 'I think I remember a club called Rovers, didn't they used to play in the football league?' however now I just say 'I support City, I've never heard of Bristol Rovers' and that usually gets the response I'm after!

BRISTOL ROVERS: Jermaine Easter is 'gold dust' - Stuart Sinclair

Read more: http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/BRISTOL-ROVERS-Jermaine-Easter-gold-dust-Stuart/story-26871905-detail/story.html#ixzz3fUJBHdPZ

Follow us: @BristolPost on Twitter | bristolpost on Facebook

They may need to strike gold to keep afloat

I suppose he is broken down, shattered and available to the highest bidder Edited by Guest

He should do a duet with Lisa Stansfield.

Was in the pipeline apparently but Piggs already booked him to duet on 'With or Without You' at Dunford's leaving do.

D-Day for the sags is Monday...

You little git.

36 posts in and you break the Gem. Good spot :D

Monday, Court 16, 10:30am for anyone local and interested. Decision should appear on www.bailii.org , hopefully asap but it can take minutes, hours, or even days to appear.

Chances are your leader already knows

Might be worth adding that if anyone claims to be 'ITK' between now and Monday it's probably a very safe assumption that they are not.

• The title was changed to Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread
  • The title was changed to Basement Rovers dustbin thread
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked