IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Is it a possibility that Sainsburys lose this case and are told they have to stick to the terms of the contract, then UWE falls through anyway (due to increasing costs or UWE themselves not wanting the stadium any more) meaning that rovers can't move out and Sainsburys get to pull out for nothing due to the site not being vacant within any agreed timescale?

• Like 1

Here it is then, will it be the ultimate in hilarity or the start of their push towards the Prem?

I'll be watching on with interest!

Darlington built a nice new ground for their push to the prem, how did that end up again?

Rovers will go nowhere with their current board, it's been the boards fault they are where they are instead of kicking on in the 90's when they had the momentum they squandered it and took all the money out of the club

• Like 1

Is it a possibility that Sainsburys lose this case and are told they have to stick to the terms of the contract, then UWE falls through anyway (due to increasing costs or UWE themselves not wanting the stadium any more) meaning that rovers can't move out and Sainsburys get to pull out for nothing due to the site not being vacant within any agreed timescale?

Am I right in thinking that the terms of the contract state that all money recieved from the possible sale must be spent on the new stadium?

Here it is then, will it be the ultimate in hilarity or the start of their push towards the Prem?

I'll be watching on with interest!

Is it too late now to apply to get 'Santa's Grotto' awarded 'listed' status?

If the Ashton Vale scrubland can be legally classified as a 'village green', surely 'listing' the Grotto is not as outrageous as one might initially assume?

Oh, not to mention the status inferred of the whole site by its name..

Whatever the outcome - someone's gonna by 'taken up the aisle' later.

guessing both sides already know the outcome?

Almost certainly. The Judgment will have been released to the legal teams last week in draft to review for clerical errors etc. No action can be taken on the basis of a draft decision and parties can't disclose it to anyone else.

Even if they do win they got themselves into this mess in the first place. Little has changed, the same people are still in charge aren't they. A victory now will have them believe they are Teflon coated which could be thir biggest downfall yet. May win the battle but not the war in the long run. Gasheads have a bumpy ride ahead of them still I think.

• Like 1

When will Proudman release the decision?

Scheduled for 10:30am although there may be printed copies available in the court room a little before. How quickly it will be published online... we'll have to wait and see.

If all parties knew the result last week then this tweet worries me slightly...

Geoff Dunford

Jul 11

Geoff Dunford ?@GeoffDunford

I belive it will be a positive week for Bristol Rovers on and off the pitch! No inside information. Just my view! #UTG

Think they only get told 24 hours in advance of the result and for someone to have disclosed it to him would have been contempt of court.  Think he's just taking a 50/50 swing at it.

Further to that, I'd imagine that if the result has gone against Sainsbury's (as they'll already know) they would quite possibly be monitoring things like Twitter and Forums connected to the Gash for a 'leak' of some sort.

Edited by cityloyal473
  • Like 1