IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

OK, which of you has been posting on there? http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/10141/trust-wael

Its the best policy for genuine rovers fans.
Trust him to deliver the top 6 budget promised.
Trust him to develope the training ground.
Trust him to secure UWE if its in the best interests of the football club or start from scratch on an alternative project.
We will have a good idea of the playing budget by september 1st and the other projects in the reasonably near future so at the moment the only real option is trust.
The tweets of the peterbro chairman have given us all an incite into the difficulties of the transfer market and its such a short period until we know whats going to happen on these big issues in my view.
So it might be corny but im going down the trust in wael route and hope others feel the same?

2 minutes ago, 22A said:

OK, which of you has been posting on there? http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/10141/trust-wael

Trust him to secure UWE if its in the best interests of the football club or start from scratch on an alternative project.
We will have a good idea of the playing budget by september 1st and the other projects in the reasonably near future so at the moment the only real option is trust.
The tweets of the peterbro chairman have given us all an incite into the difficulties of the transfer market and its such a short period until we know whats going to happen on these big issues in my view.
So it might be corny but im going down the trust in wael route and hope others feel the same?

Hope that works out for him.

5 minutes ago, 22A said:

Is it just me or is anyone else noticing a slight undercurrent of desperation in a lot of the posts on there lately.

Are they perhaps beginning to see the light and starting to realise that the emperor is in fact bollock naked as we have been trying to get them to see for what seems like forever?

16 minutes ago, 22A said:

This is gold. They 'trusted' the Dunfords for 20 years. They trusted Higgs. Look where that got them.

And the tweets from Peterborough showing how difficult the transfer market is is laughable. It's easy. Just put a realistic bid in for starters.

I don't see why the Al Quadi family would have bought the club unless they intended to stay for the long term and invest.

I take Hugo's point entirely. After the fiasco of the Higgs era he's right to be wary. However, if the idea was to make a fast buck then buying Bristol Rovers was never a good idea. It is an even worse idea to then spend money on improving infrastructure, employing a manager on a long term contract with a top six budget, etc etc. The value of the main asset, the Memorial stadium, would soon be absorbed as debt, so at the best all they could hope for would be their money back, and that after several years of heartache. 

That doesn't make sense to me, they must be committed to developing the club, and for those reasons I am prepared to invest my trust.

But I am slightly wary!

Is this guy for real

They bought the club because of being promise Sainsbury would pay out 

This as we all know went belly up

They then transfers the mem and debt to another off sure comp 

The intrest is getting bigger each day

Its very hard to run a club and make money most are ran at a loss

the land for trading ground will be sold off and used for housing

Look at how sl have invested 

45 million revamp

millions on players etc

what have weal put in 

he trying to do it for free 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, 22A said:

1 hour ago, pride of the west said:

Nothing really. The Peterborough chairman just said they turned down 2 bids from rovers for 2 of their strikers. An earlier tweet stated they bid very low. 

One of them was Luke James who they had on loan last season and never scored a goal. For a striker he has something like 3 goals in his last 100 games. Think the other one was the lad Nichols that Posh signed from Exeter.

2 hours ago, Coombsy said:

I don't see why the Al Quadi family would have bought the club unless they intended to stay for the long term and invest.

I take Hugo's point entirely. After the fiasco of the Higgs era he's right to be wary. However, if the idea was to make a fast buck then buying Bristol Rovers was never a good idea. It is an even worse idea to then spend money on improving infrastructure, employing a manager on a long term contract with a top six budget, etc etc. The value of the main asset, the Memorial stadium, would soon be absorbed as debt, so at the best all they could hope for would be their money back, and that after several years of heartache. 

That doesn't make sense to me, they must be committed to developing the club, and for those reasons I am prepared to invest my trust.

But I am slightly wary!

Is this guy for real

They bought the club because of being promise Sainsbury would pay out 

This as we all know went belly up

They then transfers the mem and debt to another off sure comp 

The intrest is getting bigger each day

Its very hard to run a club and make money most are ran at a loss

the land for trading ground will be sold off and used for housing

Look at how sl have invested 

45 million revamp

millions on players etc

what have weal put in 

he trying to do it for free 

And yet our chairman receives more criticism from some quarters on here than Wael of fortune ever does.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

And yet our chairman receives more criticism from some quarters on here than Wael of fortune ever does.

In a reversed kind of way, over the years that has been considered a strength of our fan base by some.

We're harder to please and have higher expectations.  

I'm convinced that a part of R*vers problem is their mentality.  They pride themselves on non-achievements and intangibles.  The famous blue and white quarters, the most loyal fans in the world, Ricky Lambert, traditionally being the self-proclaimed family club, the fact them gert shit heads critisise their own club and they don't.........

There should be a balance of course but an expression of dissatisfaction and trying to hold the custodians of the club to account is not necessarily a bad thing.  I wish there was more of it on match day, like there used to be.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

And he deserves it sometimes,

thats the difference between us and them, most of us have faith in lansdown but not blind faith we all question motives and that's healthy

• Like 7

On 6/29/2017 at 11:27, pongo88 said:

Bert - I hope you realise that you are on the gas forum hit list because of your insightful comments.

Yes Pongo I am aware and I do take precautions. For example, when out and about in Bristol I disguise myself by wearing a red shirt with Lancer Scott printed on the front.

Since Lancer has never been known to criticise Rovers’ owners I am always quite safe.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, cynic said:

I read that they only have 15 players with no goal keeper and only 9 or 10 in their development squad.

How the hell did they let that happen ? Gross mismanagement.

They must be making multiple bids in blind panic - but they've not got a pot to piss in.

They're deep in the brown stuff which is great to see and very amusing.

Just need the manager to bugger off and then watch the melt down.

Is their squad really that thin?

If so a bet on them going down seems a good 'un

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Is their squad really that thin?

If so a bet on them going down seems a good 'un

Just to play devils advocate, worth noting that a large part of their squad were non league and have over delivered.

Reckon the big challenge they face now is trying to get players in on proper money and have potential. Clubs in league 1 buy and sell, it isn't all free transfers.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Star of a gunner said:

ok is that strait forward or do they have to go through the full planning bit again ?

Apparently planning expires in January, August is the date they expect to need to start that would mean they wouldn't need to reapply.

That isn't to say they couldn't throw more resource at the project to bring it back in scope before January.

Reality is, without someone to buy the Mem, they need to source funding. Could be the family are happy to invest, could be they have funding from elsewhere. Either way, it is a gap of plus ten million.

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Apparently planning expires in January, August is the date they expect to need to start that would mean they wouldn't need to reapply.

That isn't to say they couldn't throw more resource at the project to bring it back in scope before January.

Reality is, without someone to buy the Mem, they need to source funding. Could be the family are happy to invest, could be they have funding from elsewhere. Either way, it is a gap of plus ten million.

It`s more likely that if they don`t start in August they would need the time between then and January to get the new application up and running so it can be re-submitted then. All sorts of legislation and stuff will have changed so I expect it would need to be majorly revised.

A pity for them the rules changed so they couldn`t just turn up in January, dig a couple of holes, and bugger off again for five years like most builders did to keep the permission active.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

It`s more likely that if they don`t start in August they would need the time between then and January to get the new application up and running so it can be re-submitted then. All sorts of legislation and stuff will have changed so I expect it would need to be majorly revised.

A pity for them the rules changed so they couldn`t just turn up in January, dig a couple of holes, and bugger off again for five years like most builders did to keep the permission active.

The problem with that plan, surely, is that UWE wouldn't stand for it..?

I'm amazed they haven't pulled out already and looked for more reliable partners. 

Could SL see UWE as a good spot for something..?! 

6 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

The problem with that plan, surely, is that UWE wouldn't stand for it..?

I'm amazed they haven't pulled out already and looked for more reliable partners. 

Could SL see UWE as a good spot for something..?! 

They probably wouldn`t but in g*s la la land that`s not seen as a problem I`m sure.

Personally I think they`ve told them they want out but r*overs are too scared to tell anyone.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

They need all the footings in place if not planning ends, and they have to re apply

Also all the quotes they gave will now have gone up so more fonding needed

On 29/06/2017 at 20:24, 22A said:

There was one post starting "City fan here in peace" and some of their regulars were demanding the post removed as it's from a City fan.

Was banned about 10 posts later in the thread. No explanation other than 'banned'.

Rovers fans come on here all the time. 

No City fan is allowed on there at all. Even if they were 'in peace'. 

Disappointing that they can't be as open and broadminded as us here.

So if you are reading Hugo The Elder, perhaps consider the olive branch as we do here. It can work both ways. It's called respect.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Was banned about 10 posts later in the thread. No explanation other than 'banned'.

So if you are reading Hugo The Elder, perhaps consider the olive branch as we do here. It can work both ways. It's called respect.

Yeah I remember a City fan on here laughing that he got banned after two posts. Had a look myself and he the little boy Hugo said all city fans will be banned haha. So so bitter, he probably wasn't breast fed as a child.

11 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Their so bloody Jealous of us and won't dare debate with any City fans respectful or not..  Really sad state of affairs tbh.. There are a few sensible posters on their forum but whenever they start talking sense they get shot down in flames... Very weird place!!!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yeah I remember a City fan on here laughing that he got banned after two posts. Had a look myself and he the little boy Hugo said all city fans will be banned haha. So so bitter, he probably wasn't breast fed as a child.

No, he was probably well into his teens before he started doing that.