IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

9 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

On a serious, note what Wages do you think they could realistically offer him, 6k maybe.?

If he's good enough to play GK, RB, LW & CF, all at the same time, then yeah, they could probably afford £6 per week. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, wood_red said:

There was a great post on there yesterday about getting Lambert back to the Mem - "Assuming he's now dropping down to Div 1 what other club can seriously outbid us in this division".

Must be all the millions bid on all of those players they have went for that has made someone come out with that beauty!!

If they don't resign him, you can bet the blue few will set their sights on the following;

Cureton 

Hayles 

Ellington 

They do like to speculate about former players who were unable to have their expectations met at Rovers coming back.

21 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

On a serious, note what Wages do you think they could realistically offer him, 6k maybe.?

I'd suggest a lot less. There are various opinions on what is the average weekly salary in league 1, but the site below is reasonable  - between £1,700 - £2,500. The problem with averages is that they don't tell you the individual incidences or the range. There will be some clubs with a big budget who have players on much higher salaries and some poor clubs with young players who have lower salaries. Rovers, who are losing money, are not a rich club and have players who were signed in non league or league 2 days. Therefore their average salary should be somewhere near the lower end of the scale 

http://www.onaverage.co.uk/money-averages/average-premier-league-salary

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

If Rovers get a cash windfall through selling Tom Lockyer there is no reason why we couldn't reinvest in better quality players at higher wages.

Unless that money is designated for paying the interest on Dwane Sports  £10 million loan.

Just now, bert tann said:

If Rovers get a cash windfall through selling Tom Lockyer there is no reason why we couldn't reinvest in better quality players at higher wages.

Unless that money is designated for paying the interest on Dwane Sports  £10 million loan.

What is Lockyer likely to command in a fee.?.........and who is he.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

What is Lockyer likely to command in a fee.?.........and who is he.

Recently made the Welsh senior squad and so mixing with players who can tell him what life is like on "the outside"

Improved performance last season with Stoke City loanee defender alongside him and likely to go backwards again playing with mediocrities if Rovers are not going to invest in quality..

Football is a short career so you have to grab opportunities when they come up.  

Edited by bert tann
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, bert tann said:

Recently made the Welsh senior squad and so mixing with players who can tell him what life is like on "the outside"

Improved performance last season with Stoke City loanee alongside him and likely to go backwards again playing with mediocrities if Rovers are not going to invest in quality..

Football is a short career so you have to grab opportunities when they come up.  

Valued at .?

Just now, CiderJar said:

Rovers have a new home ... sorry gnome

A mate down the road has got one of these. i'm trying to find a time to kidnap the bleedin' thing and take it on holiday then send the gashead a postcard of his gnome on a Bristol City beach towel.

• Like 1

Had a mildly interesting conversation with someone today who is rather close to the UWE stadium project (:whistle:)

Nothing new said really.

Funding still the number one problem, particularly the bridging money between sale of the Mem and completion of the UWE stadium, but there is of course now a shortfall due to the value of the Mem falling now Sainsburys won't be buying. It was however opined to me that the shortfall was not actually that significant, possibly £5m or less.

All very confusing that a supposedly wealthy family with a banking background can't submit a business plan that stacks up

An opinion on whether the UWE stadium would be built was sought and received: "No".

Anyway, given the planning consent expires in January we are going to see Wael's hand very shortly.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

A mate down the road has got one of these. i'm trying to find a time to kidnap the bleedin' thing and take it on holiday then send the gashead a postcard of his gnome on a Bristol City beach towel.

At £16.50 it's pretty unique

Edited by CiderJar

53 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Had a mildly interesting conversation with someone today who is rather close to the UWE stadium project (:whistle:)

Nothing new said really.

Funding still the number one problem, particularly the bridging money between sale of the Mem and completion of the UWE stadium, but there is of course now a shortfall due to the value of the Mem falling now Sainsburys won't be buying. It was however opined to me that the shortfall was not actually that significant, possibly £5m or less.

All very confusing that a supposedly wealthy family with a banking background can't submit a business plan that stacks up

An opinion on whether the UWE stadium would be built was sought and received: "No".

Anyway, given the planning consent expires in January we are going to see Wael's hand very shortly.

I had a conversation with builders about starting work on building my self designed, luxury house on a plot of land that I've been gifted. 

It will be amazing! 12 bedrooms, all en-suite, a gym, a cinema room, a nightclub in the basement, a heli-pad on the roof, from where you can admire the cultivated gardens, 3 tennis courts, 50 metre pool, cricket nets and 5-a-side Astro turf pitch. 

They said they will start work as soon as I have some money to pay for it. 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Nothing new said really.

I think this is exactly the problem. They are bankers who are used to looking at others business plans and deciding whether to fund them but with the premise there will be no risk to themselves.

When Wael unwisely said “funding is never an issue with this sort of thing” he was thinking about financing commercial property not financing commercial property AND a business which has to earn enough to pay back all the borrowings on that property. He was forgetting as well the start up costs for such a business and the huge working capital requirements because projects of this kind don’t generate any cash for a very many years and where a football club is part of it probably never at all.

This is not a project for a risk averse banking family there has to be someone involved who is willing to put up a lot of cash and is prepared to lose it if it fails. 

Edited by bert tann
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I met someone in a shop the other day who told me about this poor gnome. Apparently he was standing in his normal place in his garden when another gas gnome came over and said he would duff him up unless he moved. He was so traumatised by this  that he's left home and now lives with a kind City supporter. 

True story.

• Like 1