IGNORED

Basement Rovers dustbin thread

42nite

On gaschat some pos(t)ers hope that Rovers sign Ricky Lambert. On Sky Sports news this lunchtime; "Ricky Lambert has left Cardiff". City aren't signing him are they just to piss off annoy the Rovers faithful?

14 minutes ago, 22A said:

Sam Slocombe on a free? For the older members of this forum remember Mrs Slocombe and her colleague stating "I'm free"?

Yes, and many viewers mistakenly thought that when Mrs Slocombe mentioned “my pussy” she was referring to her private part when in fact she meant her pet cat.

I was fortunate enough to meet Mollie Sugden many times when she was appearing at the Hippodrome in the 1960’s and can confirm that “my beaver” was the name she gave to her private part.

• Like 9

16 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Hang on Chief - you went off on a rant or two at people daring to inject humour into the 'Famara Diedhiou' thread (mainly because you posted a serious response to a joke and got sensitive because you hadn't got the humour). You said you were fed up at people's attempts at humour hijacking serious debates on here - you found it tedious and unfunny yet now you reply to 'yarp' with 'narp' - which is surely an attempt to inject humour because it sure don't qualify as serious debate...

Can't have it both ways....but I will be in the front row of your next stand up comedy show because 'narp' is a promising start....

I was objecting to the hijacking of a thread through the same tired old jokes that are done every season.

A one response "narp" to a question along the lines of "is this thread going to be full of "yarps" now?" was answering the question asked (no), just happened to be done through referencing the film the "yarp" was from.

As stated at the time, I enjoy the humour on OTIB, the same old puns done on every rumour thread in every transfer window not so much, and that was what I objected to.

I'll have my cake now.

• Like 1

When people say they find that lot funny, are they actually serious? God it winds me up. The utter ignorance, the bile, the viciousness for absolutely no reason. The desire for an echochamber, all of it. It makes me want to put my head through a large, thick wall.

• Like 2

Just now, El Hombrecito said:

Judging by how angry it seems to make you, I'd suggest that you do :)

Just now, El Hombrecito said:

Judging by how angry it seems to make you, I'd suggest that you do :)

No i'm not angry about it,Sorry if it comes across that way.I actually find it amusing how many replies to this post.

2 hours ago, FramptonRed said:

Every time i look at football chat this thread is always at the top of the page.

I cant believe there's nearly 22,000 replies to this thread,who gives a flying f### about the gas anyway.

and 1,495,481 views ! 

we love em because they are comedy gold :clapping:

• The title was changed to Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread
  • The title was changed to Basement Rovers dustbin thread