IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

So 6.5 million in debt with interest of 44k per month plus player wages and any new transfers.

And they want to appeal??

They can withdraw from an appeal at any point. The risks are some costs and potentially Sainsbury's too. Sure the worst case scenario of failing and being liable for costs appears daunting, but the plug can be pulled before getting that deep. And who knows what offer Sainsbury's might be prepared to make if any (think hedging potential risk...) and Rovers prepared to accept between now and then to drop it..? Edited by Guest

Not too happy. If Rovers go bust, many entities (including local traders) will be left owed money by something that no longer exists.

And if you're a local (or any sort of trader) you should no longer be doing business with Rovers other than cash up front! The loss of credit terms is often what tips someone into administration earlier than would otherwise be the case.

• Like 1

I liked the suggestion that fans bring a brick to each game. They have obviously copied City's plan for fans to buy a brick for the previous scheme to replace the Wedlock with a new stand. First of all they steal the ground from Bristol Rugby and now they are stealing our ideas to help them build a new stand.

Various clubs have used the "buy a brick" scheme to fund stadium builds/improvements over the years - to lay claim to it as your own idea is a bit like saying that you invented the wheel.

• Like 2

Mainly players and staff tbh.

My understanding is that their 'Wonga' loan was secured against the (:laugh:) 'stadium'. The Mem is owned by a totally separate company from the football club IIRC. That company is owned by Higgs and Dunford so they must have agreed to risk their equity. The loan doesn't affect the football club directly if my understanding is right, wether they will still have a home ground is debatable but the loan is secured against the Mem, not the football club.

They're screwd anyway!!

My understanding is that their 'Wonga' loan was secured against the (:laugh:) 'stadium'. The Mem is owned by a totally separate company from the football club IIRC. That company is owned by Higgs and Dunford so they must have agreed to risk their equity. The loan doesn't affect the football club directly if my understanding is right, wether they will still have a home ground is debatable but the loan is secured against the Mem, not the football club.

They're screwd anyway!!

I expect you're right there on all counts. But those running weekly losses - and court costs - will make further borrowing necessary very soon.

• Like 1

They're screwd anyway!!

It's a holding company much like the firm that owns Ashton gate

However southampton's holding company went into administration and not the club itself but the club was still issued a points deduction

• Admin

From the thread linked above, this reply is brilliant !

I went to watch Bristol v stade francais a few years back.

Arrived at the ground but when inside the seat for my ticket did not exist.

My wife's seat was there but not mine. Seemed that it had been removed from the end of the row to facilitate space for a wheel chair.
Due to the fact it was a sell out the stewards fetched me a stool from the bar to sit on.
So maybe we should all bring a bar stool to. Lots available due to the amounts of pubs closing down.

Would add to the ambience in my opinion!

• Like 2

Various clubs have used the "buy a brick" scheme to fund stadium builds/improvements over the years - to lay claim to it as your own idea is a bit like saying that you invented the wheel.

I believe that Bristol Sport still holds the patent :P

My understanding is that their 'Wonga' loan was secured against the ( :laugh:) 'stadium'. The Mem is owned by a totally separate company from the football club IIRC. That company is owned by Higgs and Dunford so they must have agreed to risk their equity. The loan doesn't affect the football club directly if my understanding is right, wether they will still have a home ground is debatable but the loan is secured against the Mem, not the football club.

They're screwd anyway!!

The funny thing is ciderup that MSP Capital do actually have a charge over the football club as well as the Mem. So they obviously did not want Nicholas "spinning off" the Rovers without settling their debt. Which might mean there is substance to the speculation that Dorset based  MSP may be friends with Dorset based  Harry Redknapp and that there is a link between the MSP deal with 1883 Ltd  and Harry's expressed desire to "form a consawtyum and get back into footbaw".  So the arrangement between Nicholas and MSP Capital could be more than simply a "bridging" loan and perhaps that is what our own "young gentleman in a civil disturbance" is alluding to when he tells us of those "other options" ?  Or it might all be a load of bowls !

The funny thing is ciderup that MSP Capital do actually have a charge over the football club as well as the Mem. So they obviously did not want Nicholas "spinning off" the Rovers without settling their debt. Which might mean there is substance to the speculation that Dorset based  MSP may be friends with Dorset based  Harry Redknapp and that there is a link between the MSP deal with 1883 Ltd  and Harry's expressed desire to "form a consawtyum and get back into footbaw".  So the arrangement between Nicholas and MSP Capital could be more than simply a "bridging" loan and perhaps that is what our own "young gentleman in a civil disturbance" is alluding to when he tells us of those "other options" ?  Or it might all be a load of bowls !

https://youtu.be/CmBHAlP4nwM

More chane of the gas getting use the Harry buying them out

Clutching & Straws...

• Like 1

The funny thing is ciderup that MSP Capital do actually have a charge over the football club as well as the Mem. So they obviously did not want Nicholas "spinning off" the Rovers without settling their debt. Which might mean there is substance to the speculation that Dorset based MSP may be friends with Dorset based Harry Redknapp and that there is a link between the MSP deal with 1883 Ltd and Harry's expressed desire to "form a consawtyum and get back into footbaw". So the arrangement between Nicholas and MSP Capital could be more than simply a "bridging" loan and perhaps that is what our own "young gentleman in a civil disturbance" is alluding to when he tells us of those "other options" ? Or it might all be a load of bowls

On the basis (as evidenced in court) that 'Arry can neither read nor write looks like a match made in heaven : "I didn't know what I was signing....,"(works in either Cockney or Brizzleton accent.) 'Arry n 'Iggs - has a certain ring to it, don't you think?