IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

It would be a sad day for semi professional football if the Basement Rovers thread dropped off the front page of OTIB.

I was looking forward to purchasing a replica kit for my great great grandson "Young Bert" at the Rovers family fun day but sadly, due to a technical difficulty, they will not be available. Something about not having pub advertisements on kids clothing apparently ?  

It would be a sad day for semi professional football if the Basement Rovers thread dropped off the front page of OTIB.

I was looking forward to purchasing a replica kit for my great great grandson "Young Bert" at the Rovers family fun day but sadly, due to a technical difficulty, they will not be available. Something about not having pub advertisements on kids clothing apparently ?

Surely it's easier to produce shirts without branding?

Make shirt, don't put a pub logo on it, sell.

So if I just try to get my head around this: DC got offered the manager's job on the basis that he would be managing them in League Two as the club never budgeted for relegation. It was a rolling contract so no danger of expiration upcoming. Presumably no wage drop on relegation on the basis that would be budgeting for relegation... Following relegation and promotion (by the lottery of the Pray Offs) DC now gets a new contract and presumably a pay rise for guiding the club in to umm League Two where he is still untested at best.... Oh and this what 10 days or so since he moaned about the wages players expect from Bristol Rovers/budgets and weeks since the EP claimed Rovers' FD said losing UWE could be catastrophic for the club's financial wellbeing................

:aok2:

Edited by Guest

So if I just try to get my head around this: DC got offered the manager's job on the basis that he would be managing them in League Two as the club never budgeted for relegation. It was a rolling contract so no danger of expiration upcoming. Presumably no wage drop on relegation on the basis that would be budgeting for relegation... Following relegation and promotion (by the lottery of the Pray Offs) DC now gets a new contract and presumably a pay rise for guiding the club in to umm League Two where he is still untested at best.... Oh and this what 10 days or so since he moaned about the wages players expect from Bristol Rovers/budgets and weeks since the EP claimed Rovers' FD said losing UWE could be catastrophic for the club's financial wellbeing................

:aok2:

Yeah but ignoring all that he deserves a new contract as he has done a great job at singing, swearing and chanting in pubs.

Yeah but ignoring all that he deserves a new contract as he has done a great job at singing, swearing and chanting in pubs.

:clap:

Ah ok makes sense

I was confused as I just thought normally you get a bonus in recognition of good past performances and a pay rise when you've demonstrated that you consistently excel :doh:

:clap:

Ah ok makes sense

I was confused as I just thought normally you get a bonus in recognition of good past performances and a pay rise when you've demonstrated that you consistently excel :doh:

Unless you are a banker, or Dopey. But then Dopey is a bit of a banker. At least I think that's what some of our lot have been chanting.

Even by gas standards you'd have to be ******* stupid to believe all those answers...

So am I getting this right in thinking that their legal team (who I presume will be paid; win or lose) said "you should go for this" and they agreed?  

And if I was the person asking "isn't this just throwing good money after bad?" I'd no be very satisfied that they aren't.

Genuinely more shocked than even amused at the limp answers there; anyone else think the appeal is the current regime spoiling for time in the hope they find a buyer?  Because it sounds that way to me.

• Like 1