IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, In the Net said:

Apparently the Wonga loan and the Directors' loans have been repaid.

No doubt Sainsburys' legal expenses will be next on the list, as the verdict is supposed to be out sometime this month.

Let's hope who ever paid the debts is applying a lower interest rate....

Oh wait, money is owed to a billionaire who, to date, hasn't converted his debut to equity or indeed mentioned how much interest he wants on his investment.

Nothing to worry about. Course, if Sainsbury's lose, he could sail off in to the very wealthy sunset, after all, he is a well publicised billionaire - featuring in all the respected publications.......

Sure it's fine. I wouldn't want any reassurances before shouting from the roof tops...

On 11/03/2016 at 21:20, Weezord said:

Oh Hull City are also playing tomorrow....so lest we forget.....

Is that the best you can do?

Thanks for the reminder of when we almost reached the top tier by the way. Good memories of our trip to Wembley, despite the result. When were you last in English footballs second teir, out of interest?

13 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Let's hope who ever paid the debts is applying a lower interest rate....

Oh wait, money is owed to a billionaire who, to date, hasn't converted his debut to equity or indeed mentioned how much interest he wants on his investment.

Nothing to worry about. Course, if Sainsbury's lose, he could sail off in to the very wealthy sunset, after all, he is a well publicised billionaire - featuring in all the respected publications.......

Sure it's fine. I wouldn't want any reassurances before shouting from the roof tops...

Not shouting anything from the rooftops, not even poking my head out of the 2nd floor window!

Apart from the deluded few, we all know that the new owners are not billionaires. My approach is to see how things unfold, I'm old enough to know the value of the Emporer's new clothes.

Court verdict to be delivered on Thursday morning. :ph34r:

Edited by In the Net
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Not shouting anything from the rooftops, not even poking my head out of the 2nd floor window!

Apart from the deluded few, we all know that the new owners are not billionaires. My approach is to see how things unfold, I'm old enough to know the value of the Emporer's new clothes.

Court verdict on Thursday morning! It will be interesting reading on the forum, whichever way the verdict goes. 

11 hours ago, PhilC said:

Is that the best you can do?

Thanks for the reminder of when we almost reached the top tier by the way. Good memories of our trip to Wembley, despite the result. When were you last in English footballs second teir, out of interest?

When were they last in English football's top tier? Yes, exactly.

We finished higher that season, 2007/8, than Rovers have managed in their history. I always find a pic or vid or a recollection of Cheese scoring at Arsenal in '76 is more than enough to put them in their place. 

48 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Oh dear...judge_6046.jpg.b8a020e2e5d7f1a715091276d

• Like 1

lulworthgas post

What a difference a month makes. There would have been alot of sleepless nights this week if we were still under the old stewardship. I have no doubt that Thursdays announcement would have quickly been followed up with the club going into financial meltdown.
MSP loan to be paid back
Charge over the stadium for Sainsburies costs
Directors loans.
Just one big grab for cash from those who steered the ship directly into the perfect storm. We would be on the verge of being homeless again with no opportunity of sharing at Bath this could have been the slow death of the club suddenly moving into the fast lane to oblivion.
Instead the future is so bright im still pinching myself. For the first time in my lifetime there is a prospect that we will be able to compete with the other team in bristol off the field. 
UTG

So the sags only want to compete with us of the field (the gift) They now are admitting they could have gone into Administration

56 minutes ago, In the Net said:

You don't know the value of the Emperors new clothes. You're a Gashead. Meaning you get all your clothes from Tesco. Or Asda. Or from the British Heart Foundation. 

NO RETURNS.

Rob

(Aged 41).

1 hour ago, In the Net said:

OK, Mods.  I think that we've all been more than patient with this contributor in the past.  But it is blindingly obvious that so called "In the Net" is just a keyboard warrior pretending to be a Gashead.  

Sensible comments, balanced views, humility when required, well reasoned comebacks to mass pea taking...... none of this adds up to the so called "In the Net" being a follower of the wrong 'uns.  Never in a million years.  I'm sorry, but this jolly jape of a charade has had its day and should be stopped now.

Please do the decent thing and confirm to us all that the aforementioned forum member is in fact "Mad Cyril" who's been having us all on since setting up this fake account.     :clap:      :shocking:

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

You don't know the value of the Emperors new clothes. You're a Gashead. Meaning you get all your clothes from Tesco. Or Asda. Or from the British Heart Foundation. 

NO RETURNS.

Rob

(Aged 41).

I do have some standards you know - I only shoplift from Primark or Sports Direct.

• Like 3

To me the most important things that has come out of the Sainsbury affair is the planning permissions for the phantom supermarket and the UWE which is the jewel in the crown. Higgs said the ground would get built, of that he seemed confident. He also said long ago that he would sell the Club to whoever had the best interests of BRFC at heart and he appears to have delivered just that, so I would declare that Higgs has played a Blinder. Defeat in the courts (pending) will pale into comparative insignificance when History is recorded.

also said its water something or another ?

1 hour ago, S_Y_G said:

Sainsburys have won the appeal.   But it makes no difference to rover's getting a stadium, starts in summer.   Also now debt free according to companies house.

So if the Sainsbury appeal makes no difference to the UWE build. Why aren't the diggers up there preparing the ground. Why wait till the summer.

No one at Rovers as confirmed that UWE stadium is going ahead.

Still more questions than answers coming out the Mem.

1 hour ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Like a certain play off game vs Northampton in the 90s, the stadium at UWE isn't quite as nailed on as some would think....

I believe I'm correct in saying that you hinted, long before rumours of a consortium appeared on Slagchat, that despite the original decision in court Rovers had other  financial options that they were exploring...options that would also prevent them going out of business.

.....so this post is interesting.

2 hours ago, S_Y_G said:

Sainsburys have won the appeal.   But it makes no difference to rover's getting a stadium, starts in summer.   Also now debt free according to companies house.

I suppose it depends what your version of 'debt free' means. Gasheads are constantly bringing up how much 'debt' we are supposedly in, even though that 'debt' is to our owner. Still it's nice that your Arab sugardaddy has started spunking cash on the Gash.....like a credit card, it doesn't really feel like debt when your buying nice new stuff and you know the bill doesn't need to be settled for ages.

Like Ive said before, thank God we've got Lansdown, at least he's proven he won't **** off at the first sign of trouble.