IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

9 hours ago, miagsygas said:

No, the manager that actually has some success on his resume. DC has said multiple times afterwards his expected to lose Taylor when he said it and attempted to create a bidding war, which ultimately failed because only one team bid for him. It's not really rocket science, unfortunately agents find it very easy to share contractual details. 

Whatever he makes of his career I'm afraid your current manager will always be known for being in charge when you got relegated from the Football League.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:
thegasfc
Reserve Team

thegasfc Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 179 posts
13 minutes ago 
Post Options

Post by thegasfc on 13 minutes ago

"Dwayne & Rovers have both lost hundreds of thousands of pounds."

IMG_3765.JPG

• Haha 2

And the winner is:- lastminutewinners from asschat for this piece of remarkable insight, something that we all missed.

"I read between the lines in the light of yesterdays news and Hamers conference, he had a smile on his face which suggest's we are now in the driving seat. I do wonder if some of you are not familiar with how business works, if your expecting him to come out and tell you the full story, the ins and outs of every dialogue and transaction, dream on!".

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

And the winner is:- lastminutewinners from asschat for this piece of remarkable insight, something that we all missed.

"I read between the lines in the light of yesterdays news and Hamers conference, he had a smile on his face which suggest's we are now in the driving seat. I do wonder if some of you are not familiar with how business works, if your expecting him to come out and tell you the full story, the ins and outs of every dialogue and transaction, dream on!".

and that is why they never get anything done and will forever be in our shadow

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Wow. Yet again another classic case of Gaslogicitis. Honestly why cant they just admit they are being taken as 'c u nexts'

Edited by Cotham Brow Red

Just now, Monkeh said:

and that is why they never get anything done and will forever be in our shadow

Just now, Cotham Brow Red said:

Wow. Yet again another classic case of Gaslogicitis. Honestly why cant they just admit they are being taken as 'see you nexts'

Hamer had a smile on his face and anybody who has knowledge of how business deals work, should know "don't worry be happy".

• Haha 1

If that was their chairman you would have thought he would have all of the facts at his disposal.

They weren't even difficult questions, 20man was trying his best to use words with one syllable so that your average challenged IQ sag could understand but he was even struggling with that.

Shame it was a radio interview as I would've like to see who was pulling the strings.

Smoke and mirrors can't deny the fact that none of them know what's going on. 

The question is where will they pitch up next?

1 minute ago, Swede said:

If that was their chairman you would have thought he would have all of the facts at his disposal.

They weren't even difficult questions, 20man was trying his best to use words with one syllable so that your average challenged IQ sag could understand but he was even struggling with that.

Shame it was a radio interview as I would've like to see who was pulling the strings.

Smoke and mirrors can't deny the fact that none of them know what's going on. 

The question is where will they pitch up next?

Someone say pitch up? Have tents, will travel.....

A real belter from a sag on RB earlier was that they should build the new Arena by Temple Meads so it could host football and concerts.

She then went on to say that  'City only got planning permission to redevelop their ground beacuse there are no houses around it'

Are these jokers for real?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, B block said:

He's going on about the acid murderer Christie now, good lord above 

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Christie wasn't an acid murderer and he wasn't murdered at Rillington Place as he's just suggested.

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Probably code for trying to find a fall guy like Christie did with Evans.

Yes, just WTF was he going on about. Trying to be clever/cryptic or just talking testicles?

36 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Pffft...don't be surprised to see him resign if any more shit hits the fan over the coming weeks

9 minutes ago, Psycho Glenn said:

A real belter from a sag on RB earlier was that they should build the new Arena by Temple Meads so it could host football and concerts.

She then went on to say that  'City only got planning permission to redevelop their ground beacuse there are no houses around it'

Are these jokers for real?

Yes mate they really are for real. They really are!:yes:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, kevthered said:

In fairness if they do go bust and were still averaging 20,000 next season there's enough room at Ashton gate to fit a few refugees in...They can see what they been missing all these years.

Only joking I don't  want those smelly pikeys stinking out our club...Honestly

No mate-Ashton Gate wouldn't be big enough, they would need the Millennium Cardiff..that's according to our old compadre 'Henbury Gas'....Fairplay,I get that this fella clearly has a sense of humour,but this even tounge in cheek is a classic!

3 hours ago, nebristolred said:

Based on what? First sentence is nonsense mate. The Dolman was a genuine achievement of engineering, and the West Stand is a large two-tier stand. This is versus a uniform single tier stadium for the sags.

What challenges (technically speaking, not politically) would the Mem face that ours hasn't? Aside from moving the pitch. Yes it's in a very tight area but so were the South and Dolman Stands.

The Dolman redevelopment was planned and executed brilliantly. Im not trying to take anything away from the achievement but we paid them to do a job and they did what we asked, pretty much flawlessly. We enjoyed such a flawless construction because we were able to pay for a top class firm to deliver the project, the sags couldn't do this.

The only issue with the LS was the required 14 month build time.

The Memorial will have far greater challenges than we faced. Construction traffic access, keeping the ground open during the work, nearby houses, and most importantly the very tight space. We had far more space to work with than they have, and was able to keep the stadium open, something im not sure they could.

Im not even sure rotating the stadium would give much more space and that would present a million more problems.

9 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

The Dolman redevelopment was planned and executed brilliantly. Im not trying to take anything away from the achievement but we paid them to do a job and they did what we asked, pretty much flawlessly. We enjoyed such a flawless construction because we were able to pay for a top class firm to deliver the project, the sags couldn't do this.

The only issue with the LS was the required 14 month build time.

The Memorial will have far greater challenges than we faced. Construction traffic access, keeping the ground open during the work, nearby houses, and most importantly the very tight space. We had far more space to work with than they have, and was able to keep the stadium open, something im not sure they could.

Im not even sure rotating the stadium would give much more space and that would present a million more problems.

Traffic access, fair enough. But keeping the ground open during work, they won't have to do this as they planned to move the pitch, while we did, which if anything would drive costs of their down relative to ours! And nearby houses, tight space, exactly the same situation as ours, again if anything it would be lesser on them because moving the site would allow marginally more room. Not to mention ours was done very, very well (one of the best new builds around), while their will inevitably be done on the cheap.

I'm sorry, but estimates of 90 odd mil to redevelop their ground are a nonsense. Heck, Watford's new stand (which admittedly is absolute ****) cost £1.6m.