IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Just now, cynic said:

Just saying that the land as a development project is probably worth anything between 15m - 18m.

Its unlikely that the 10m charge is fully utilised - maybe 8m :dunno:

Good earner.

(they still have one pasty hut as well I think)

The Memorial Stadium was valued at £11m in the accounts; I'm not plucking that number out of the air.

The Sainsbury's' valuation is distant history.

3 hours ago, Bianconeri said:

I just read it. I have to hope that my memory decays selectively so that I forget it. Frankly alarming and disturbing in equal measure.

I gave up on page four as it was becoming too much.

Am I correct in thinking that the racist abuse in question was directed at their own player (Harrison)? 

2 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

Hahahahaha look at the state of that.

Any contenders in the football league for a worse ground than that?

Be fair... they have added another tent in down the side of the pitch since that photo was taken. 

As far as I know, that's not blown down yet. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wood_red said:

Asked if "complete rebuild or regeneration" and replied with "it is very difficult to answer this"!!  

How does he not even know what he wants? Surely say "if it is possible we want a new rebuild", "if it isn't possible we will have to do what we can with what we have". Tart up each stand would be my guess if anything happens.

I think the regeneration has already been completed, not sure where they go after cleaning carpets etc?  Think that's as good of a regeneration they are ever going to get.

Maybe phase two of the regeneration could be installing some new lamp shades? New toilet roll holders?Hanging some wood chip wallpaper? If the budget is kept under control I believe they could pull this off before the start of next season.

40 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Hmmm.

So Wael has taken the £11m Memorial Stadium and pissed away £8.7m of that on failed projects and chasing "the dream" of promotions.

They now have sweet f a of net assets, he has spent none of his own money, and is bailing to try to make some idiot pay something over £2m for assets worth less than £2m.

Richest

Man

In

The

World

He has done this to them and still half of them think he's "a great bloke".  Halfwits.

If only we paid £10 million for Taylor - everything would be rosy.

21 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I think the regeneration has already been completed, not sure where they go after cleaning carpets etc?  Think that's as good of a regeneration they are ever going to get.

Maybe phase two of the regeneration could be installing some new lamp shades? New toilet roll holders?Hanging some wood chip wallpaper? If the budget is kept under control I believe they could pull this off before the start of next season.

New pasty hut required - ain't gonna be cheap.

4 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Watching on TV the "highlights" of their drubbing by Posh, I noticed, for the first time, just how very close the neighbouring houses are to the Tent End, in which the away fans are located. It's pretty much in "Please can we have our ball back territory".

As can be seen from the attached overhead, it really will make very complex and costly, any attempt that they make to turn their current tip into a cosy new build. (Nice, even stripes on the pitch btw!)

bristolrovers.jpg

Couldn't they just knock down the crappy terrace on the left and shift it that way? It's not like the stands are full length or anything. That would give them room I should think.

I'm beginning to feel sorry for Wally, I think he got involved with the best intentions but from what I've heard he can front up as much as he wants he really has no say. 

The eldest brother holds the purse strings, he pulled the plug on UWE because the revenue strings weren't good enough and has had enough and wants out. 

Wally can go on the radio and TV and talk about the mem and safe standing as much as he wants, they won't be spending any more significant money on the sags. 

23 minutes ago, A Darkwood Red said:

I'm beginning to feel sorry for Wally, I think he got involved with the best intentions but from what I've heard he can front up as much as he wants he really has no say. 

The eldest brother holds the purse strings, he pulled the plug on UWE because the revenue strings weren't good enough and has had enough and wants out. 

Wally can go on the radio and TV and talk about the mem and safe standing as much as he wants, they won't be spending any more significant money on the sags. 

Agree with most of this, save for the fact I never feel sorry for anyone who is in any way associated with "them."

They've been well and truly shafted by the Al Qaeda's, and the longer they stay in charge the worse it will get for them, and the longer it will take for them to recover.

Unfortunately for their fans they were too stupid to see it coming, and believed their own hype.

I don't want to see them go pop, because they do provide constant entertainment, I just want them to suffer, a lot.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I went to a charity night tonight for St Peters Hospice, they had a signed Rovers shirt in an auction, I shouted out 10p to start the bidding (which is too much IMO), and got a load of angry looks!  I had to point out it was a joke!

Trust you got outbidded - that's a lot to pay for bog roll !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

In my day (when I went to the occasional Rugby match) there was a full size training pitch behind the opposite main stand. I note that it's now a car park plus housing development. I trust the money from the sale of the land was used wisely. When was this land sold? 

I'm quite certain that land was sold by BRFC (Dunford) for nearly £4m a few years after purchasing the rugby ground in 1998 for just over £2m. Good business, I wonder why the rugby club didn't think to do that?  It was sold for housing, with the houses being built and first sales from what I could gather on Zoopla in 2006.  

Some gasheads argue that the rugby club sold it but, I'm sure it was much later,  the deal was reported in the EP, with a figure of something like £3.87m. If I had access to the land registry site, I'd look it up but, you have to pay. Other than that, you have to check the EP archives.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Rich said:

I'm quite certain that land was sold by BRFC (Dunford) for nearly £4m a few years after purchasing the rugby ground in 1998 for just over £2m. Good business, I wonder why the rugby club didn't think to do that?  It was sold for housing, with the houses being built and first sales from what I could gather on Zoopla in 2006.  

Some gasheads argue that the rugby club sold it but, I'm sure it was much later,  the deal was reported in the EP, with a figure of something like £3.87m. If I had access to the land registry site, I'd look it up but, you have to pay. Other than that, you have to check the EP archives.

Makes you wonder don't it, why the rugby club sold half the ground for 2 million when they could have sold the training pitch for more and retained ownership of the actual ground.

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

Makes you wonder don't it, why the rugby club sold half the ground for 2 million when they could have sold the training pitch for more and retained ownership of the actual ground.

This is from memory mind. I know of the deals at the time, and I'm certain it wasn't sold while in the rugby club ownership.

56 minutes ago, Rich said:

This is from memory mind. I know of the deals at the time, and I'm certain it wasn't sold while in the rugby club ownership.

Im sure your correct. In effect with the land sald Rovers got a stadium for free and the rugby chairman got his money back and was made a president of the football club. The rugby club were stitched right up.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, A Darkwood Red said:

I don't feel sorry for him or the slags.  Wally - and by extension the lemmings who hang on his every word as the gospel - have made their bed, now they must lie in it.  And sadly for them, they will lie in it.  And continue to lie in it.  While being trampled over by a fraudster.  If he and his family - experts in finance don't forget - were as savvy as the blue few like to make out they would have sussed out UWE as a dud before ever agreeing to take over Rovers.  That they didn't speaks volumes.  

Wally has been very lucky that the dog botherer has pulled off some magic over the past two seasons.  Its allowed the lack of action to be hidden.  

Oh well, as least for us it's great fun.  Cant wait for the smoke and mirrors that will be soon deployed to delay the tarting up of the Mem.  They have no plan and now it will all be made up on the hoof.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cityloyal473 said:

I don't feel sorry for him or the slags.  Wally - and by extension the lemmings who hang on his every word as the gospel - have made their bed, now they must lie in it.  And sadly for them, they will lie in it.  And continue to lie in it.  While being trampled over by a fraudster.  If he and his family - experts in finance don't forget - were as savvy as the blue few like to make out they would have sussed out UWE as a dud before ever agreeing to take over Rovers.  That they didn't speaks volumes.  

Wally has been very lucky that the dog botherer has pulled off some magic over the past two seasons.  Its allowed the lack of action to be hidden.  

Oh well, as least for us it's great fun.  Cant wait for the smoke and mirrors that will be soon deployed to delay the tarting up of the Mem.  They have no plan and now it will all be made up on the hoof.

Lets be honest here, wally didn't get involved with them for footballing reasons. 

2 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

I should've said almost beginning to feel sorry. I think he's a figure head, a puppet or tool being used by his family, I suspect he's always banged on about grandiose dreams of having his own successful club and taking it to the top so they can play his heroes at Chelsea. The rest of his more savvy family have seen an opportunity to make money, that's gone titsup and want out before they lose any. This could be a long and very messy affair for the blue few and I think there could be quite a few casualties along the way.