IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

22 hours ago, cityal said:

As promised I have updated the chart I made based on the excellent suggestion by @RedRaw

Attendances.thumb.jpg.3be6b1ed8587827cfd62233744378777.jpg

As with last time the main thing to be aware of is that this chart shows attendance differences expressed as a percentage of the lower attendance in any given year in the dataset.

0 on the left-hand scale means exactly equal attendances in that season (i.e. 0% percent difference)
100 means the higher club got double the average attendance of the lower club that season (i.e 100% difference of the lower club)
200 means the higher club got triple the average attendance of the lower club

The other thing I did not mention is that I believe the data maybe relates to league attendances only?

The source data used for this can be found at
http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/bric.htm and 
http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/brir.htm

I was also asked by @1982 if i could express this as a pie chart - I don't think that is so relevant for attendance difference and will work better for just the raw attendance figures - If i can find good data on the division sizes over time i could multiply out the average attendance by home games that season to get an actual number of people through the turnstiles - now that would make for some fun graphics and charts. 

Hey come on now, let’s not get stats and facts get in the way of good ol’ minded delusional thinking 

Rover always sell out, everything home, away, u18’s, Gnomes. Massive club imo 

6 hours ago, SX227 said:

The above is the actual post  http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/11281/christmas-carols   and 48 hours later, it's still there............

It’s good to see they aren’t still massively bitter about Taylor leaving their shower of shit to join a proper football club :rofl2br:

When we signed Agard, Baldock went soon after. Cotts and the board must have had an inkling that we could lose Sam. Why didn’t the Gas make a similar move especially as it was apparently known to at least one City fan that we had activated his release clause days before when it was posted on here?

Answer: because they haven’t got the money and anyone half decent doesn’t want to play for them. That’s not our fault you crybaby Sag morons. :sub:

19 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I love to think just how much the Sags are shitting themselves at our position and form right now..! 

They must be really starting to panic!

2 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I think that they're probably shitting themselves more at their own position, form and finances!

I thought they did that to keep warm?

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Can’t copy it but has anyone seen that video placed on FB yesterday of pathetic gasheads all in Christmas jumpers singing:

”City, wherever you may be....you ain’t got no history.....you were born in 1982...that’s why no-one’s heard of you...”

Rovers wherever you may be, you only joined the league in 2015, you got tents for stands and 6 fingers on each hand, the most embarrassing club in all the land

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I think that they're probably shitting themselves more at their own position, form and finances!

Ask any gashead which he would prefer, playing in League 1 while we play in the Prem, or being in League 2 with us down there with them, and they will choose the later every time. They pray for our failure more than their own success, sad bar stewards :gasmask:

Edited by myol'man
  • Like 8

Would be interesting to see the comparisons between us , since '82 and them since they joined the League the first time. When was that? 1920?

They've won....... (thanks Wiki) in 98 (broken) years in the league

Football League Third Division South: 1.....1952–53

Football League Third Division: 1 ...............1989–90

Football League Two play-offs: 1 ................2007

Conference Premier play-offs: 1 ...................2015 this is still non league to me !

Football League Trophy, Runners-up : 21989–90, 2006–07
That doesn't really count but we'll give them 2 2nd places.

While since 1982....

Third Division South (Football League One) Champions:   ..........   2014–2015

Third Division (Football League One)  ..... Runners-up: 1989–90, 1997–98, 2006–07

League Cup Semi-finalists: 2017 - 2018, 1988–89

Football League Trophy Champions: 1985–86, 2002–03, 2014–15,
                                            Runners-up: 1986–87, 1999–00

If I were them , I'd just give up. 

• Admin
2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Would be interesting to see the comparisons between us , since '82 and them since they joined the League the first time. When was that? 1920?

Conference Premier play-offs: 1 ...................2015 this is still non league to me !

While since 1982....

Third Division (Football League One)  ..... Runners-up: 1989–90, 1997–98, 2006–07

Not sure the third division was still divided north and south when we won it and I appreciate your optimism on the league cup this year....... apart from that.. :)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Dean Windass goal .....2008

I've corrected that for you.

• Like 1

I was listening to a deluded Sag yesterday in their footballing heartland and he said that although Rovers got thumped by Gillingham he felt that Rovers were the better team.

There really is no hope for them. Beyond any cure that medical science has to offer I'm afraid.

Edited by Cheesleysmate

29 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

While since 1982....

Don't forget their Shat-ney Cup win !

Another Day, another load of mindless Gas cretins needing the facts pointed out to them. They just hate facts!

Since most of their fans prefer pictures over text this comes in handy picture/infographic form.

As it says this doesn't include the rubbish listed on the wikipedia pages (admittedly for both clubs) like Watney cup, Div 3 South Cup, Playoff matches and semi-finals etc.

Bristol-Honours.thumb.jpg.59de6479d7e90886ec5728a024880d1f.jpg

I should also add there are just four tiers to English Professional League Football - Not five as some of the blue few tried to claim when they were in the vanarama non league

Edited by cityal
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Dear lord that's bad! 

You've got to feel sorry for the bloke though, spent his entire adult life with his hand stuck up an emu's arse and followed the gas. No wonder he fell off a roof! 

What a dreadful 'song' that is. :facepalm:

That's nowhere near as bad as what his fellow comrades at the BBC were doing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

One of the younger blue few on asschat says he has noticed the age demographics of the crowd at the Memorial Ground. He says he's surrounded by old gits or young kids being forced along by old gits, not many teenagers or young adults. 

Now one of the things you'll notice about the crowd at Ashton Gate is the age range. it's a good spread across the generations.

Another indication of City dominance?

The city is ours as the song goes :clapping:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, myol'man said:

One of the younger blue few on asschat says he has noticed the age demographics of the crowd at the Memorial Ground. He says he's surrounded by old gits or young kids being forced along by old gits, not many teenagers or young adults. 

Now one of the things you'll notice about the crowd at Ashton Gate is the age range. it's a good spread across the generations.

Lots of female support at AG as well, which is nice

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Teenagers don't like camping. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2