IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

On ‎17‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 06:31, richwwtk said:

I'd agree with most of what you say SJ, but I actually quite like Loftus Road. There are a lot of restricted views seats agreed, but I like the way everything is packed in so tight and is a ground with character, capable of creating a really hostile atmosphere.

I have to take exception to this. It was better in the 1970's when it had two open ends. The "improvements" with the seating and the two tiers at the away end are nothing short of shocking in the modern era.

You can't see the ball if its crossed high in the bottom tier plus the restricted views at either corner flag.

I have witnessed how rammed the narrow concourse gets in the top tier so heaven forbid if there was an emergency.

With so many "restricted" views in the top tier its a wonder how any away fan can see the whole match clearly given how cramped the room is between each row of seats is anyway. Its a very 1980's way of treating fans.

As far as comfort is concerned it reminds me of the delightful Kenilworth Road.

With more modern stadia available I think fans are quite rightly critical now of the "facilities" on offer.

Long gone are the days when you could be served hot food from a garden shed and rightly so. 

• Like 1

On ‎17‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 01:35, Ska Junkie said:

Oh dear god!!

'In the longer term, I've thought before that QPR are a model of exactly what I would like us and our stadium to become. Not because of our ties with Francis and Holloway, but because they are what they are, despite the big competition on their doorstep.  A solid Championship side with the occasional foray into the Prem, with the odd slip-up into L1.  A compact 18,000 seater stadium surrounded by housing which generates a great atmosphere.  No need to worry about Arsenal, Chelsea etc.  It's a fan-based club and a different thing altogether from those massive football corporations'

Does that include the financial overspend / cheating, the worst ground in the Championship and the £60M fine hanging over the club, for cheating then?

These fookers are more ignorant /stupid than even I thought and I perceive them as just above an amoeba (with all respect to amoebas)! 

They "are what they are" only because they are a London based club who haven't been able to compete without overspending.

Like it or not they will be soon be overtaken by Brentford when they get there new ground but I am not surprised at the comparison as both are tinpot clubs. 

20 minutes ago, Swede said:

They "are what they are" only because they are a London based club who haven't been able to compete without overspending.

Like it or not they will be soon be overtaken by Brentford when they get there new ground but I am not surprised at the comparison as both are tinpot clubs. 

Spot on Swede.

I've no idea what is happening with QPR's record fine (another appeal was the last I heard) but board members are leaving the club which cannot be good as the fine will, eventually, have to be paid. With the gas dinosaur in charge, they're not likely to be pushing at the top end of the Championship as  (apart from being in West London) they're not a big club. With the new stadium, canny management and a bloody good side, I agree that Brentford will boss them as will Fulham. QPR can't afford to do anything re moving due to the impending fine I assume so they are royally screwed at the mo. Let's hope the pikeys up the road do copy them, that would be fun to watch as they disintegrate even further.

I've nothing against QPR per se but their blatant flouting of the rules is going to bite them big time at some point.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

Latest from the tented village is that Bodin has found the only pen & signed...

He must have been drugged if true....'that cuppa did have a particularly unusual tang to it.

It’s ok. We’ll know what the buy out clause is..!

7 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

People say Bristol R*vers don’t have a problem with their fans and rascim......

0AB04529-BAC3-430A-9D8D-6E78B0A764D5.png

There must be something in the water at the Mem. Made Holloway bald, made Darrell cry, and gives you racist verbal diarrhoea 

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Just in case any sag might read this and might want to put the record straight on your North Koreanesk forum .

6ADC62A2-8F3D-49DC-AFE3-47E665427380.png

5C0A9834-C581-4CF5-9386-274257480CC9.png

Hang on, they have better away support than us....they say it constantly.

Those tables have them nearly 600 fans behind us on average. 

Blackburn, Bradford and Pompey manage very respectful figures at the same grounds the Gas visit so what's Rovers excuse? Maybe it's just that their away support is **** all special...Oh yeah, that'll be it.

29 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Unbelievable comment . Just unbelievable. Should be ashamed of himself. 

He won't be.

They've got real issues amongst their fan base. 

Then you read utter garbage like the stuff written by that tit on the Cardiff Forum claiming Gasheads are the salt of the Earth, they're far from it. Bristolians know better and traditionally more people from this City choose red over blue, tells you everything you need to know.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, SX227 said:

What a scummy lot the mods are on Gaschat

Some one posted this yesterday, and it's still there - Robin is a queer - FFS it's 2018 almost.

"jingle bells
batman smells
robin is a queer
we all come from Bristol down
to wreck you ******* pier"

The above is the actual post  http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/11281/christmas-carols   and 48 hours later, it's still there............

If I was a club employee, I would be horrified that the main supporters site posts this kind of stuff.

Putrid people from a disgraceful club.

14 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

It’s good to see they aren’t still massively bitter about Taylor leaving their shower of shit to join a proper football club :rofl2br:

Although, to be fair, some of their little Christmas ditties were quite amusing....

We Al Qadis of Orient are,
Bearing gifts we travelled afar,
Debts are mounting?  We did the accounting,
It's not looking good so far.

Oh Bristol Rovers, money is tight,
But Wael and Hani will see you right,
Plan A misleading, Plan B proceeding,
Guide us to thy perfect light.

And, whilst not sharing their sentiment, to follow:

Brain-dead City fans looked out
Across the pitch at Trashton
As the snake did demonstrate
What they'd wasted cash on
Nothing did he do that night
'Cept be a useless too-oo-ool
But Lansdown thought him worth the brass
What a bloody foo-oo-ool

16 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Although, to be fair, some of their little Christmas ditties were quite amusing....

We Al Qadis of Orient are,
Bearing gifts we travelled afar,
Debts are mounting?  We did the accounting,
It's not looking good so far.

Oh Bristol Rovers, money is tight,
But Wael and Hani will see you right,
Plan A misleading, Plan B proceeding,
Guide us to thy perfect light.

And, whilst not sharing their sentiment, to follow:

Brain-dead City fans looked out
Across the pitch at Trashton
As the snake did demonstrate
What they'd wasted cash on
Nothing did he do that night
'Cept be a useless too-oo-ool
But Lansdown thought him worth the brass
What a bloody foo-oo-ool

Far more eloquent than their usual monkey chants..! 

2 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

This is probably best explained by 1960's opening sentence....

'Would be interesting to see the comparisons between us , since '82'

Yep you are correct. So how will you explain his assertion that we were League Cup semi finalists in 2017/2018? Not yet I’d say, I look forward to your correction in BIG BOLD TEXT.....