IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

11 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

This is probably best explained by 1960's opening sentence....

'Would be interesting to see the comparisons between us , since '82'

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep you are correct. So how will you explain his assertion that we were League Cup semi finalists in 2017/2018? Not yet I’d say, I look forward to your correction in BIG BOLD TEXT.....

I hope :fingerscrossed: to reply in a day or so, 'in BIG BOLD TEXT', that @1960maaan's post was factually correct, albeit premature (due to his premonition).

Then again, I might just not reply.... 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, myol'man said:

@Vincent Vega could you edit out the 'c' word?

And that would make the statement OK?

What about 'you black ****'? Is that better?

I think we have all grasped the point now, and perhaps the entire post itself could now be deleted or prehaps replaced with a paraphrased description.

Seriously, I believe the Christmas school holidays have now started, and I would hate to think of some younger forum members reading this particular post.

5 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I think we have all grasped the point now, and perhaps the entire post itself could now be deleted or prehaps replaced with a paraphrased description.

Seriously, I believe the Christmas school holidays have now started, and I would hate to think of some younger forum members reading this particular post.

No, but there might be some of a sensitive nature on here!

9 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

They probably hear worse in school 

2 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

They probably hear worse in school 

Most likely they do, but I see no reason to expose further on this forum the Tammy comment, nor the EH comment.

Hearing it is not the point, nor is denying that some people actually say and believe these things: I just feel there is no need to give them extra exposure.

4 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Most likely they do, but I see no reason to expose further on this forum the Tammy comment, nor the EH comment.

Hearing it is not the point, nor is denying that some people actually say and believe these things: I just feel there is no need to give them extra exposure.

I see no issues with exposing racists. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

I've heard PNE are in for Bodin.

Using the money we pay you for Hugill!!! That will upset the Horse Punchers. Messing their season up yet again. Bet that scenario wasn’t covered in our Gentleman’s Agreement we have with them after nicking Taylor off them last season!!

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bullbag said:

300k should be sufficient to capture his signature. (The fee we paid for their star striker last season)

Although you might here the deluded blue few quoting 10 million for him.

He’s only got 6 months left on his deal so I’d have thought 300k is a maximum.

We’re also in for Lewis Morgan at St. Mirren, but they are demanding a loan back so I was told it’s led us to being seriously interested in Bodin.

• Like 1

On 17/12/2017 at 20:17, publandlord said:

So was I, biggest memory was the Chester PA announcer inviting all city fans onto the pitch to applaud our team. Can you imagine a similar invitation in today's football?

Was that before or after all the wire fencing around he perimeter got flattened in the charge ?

:yes:

Think it's fair play to call out the racist horse punchers for what they are. 

Admittedly we can possibly blank put the worst swear words but think it was posted previously without this so Vince probably didn't think it might be needed.

I think it's not an endorsement - the outright condemnation from all of us I think would make any young fan on here realise this just isn't acceptable.

Just when my opinions of Rovers fans couldn't get any lower - they now at not only being racist to their own players but also to players just because they donned a City shirt a few times!

4 hours ago, myol'man said:

What could be more fun that sat on your own in your car, watching Home Alone while listening to they gurt 'teds beating Manchester on Radio Bristol

:gasmask:  :grr:

And how appropriate is the film title ‘Home Alone’ for an event at their ‘stadium’ (tented village) - it’s how they must feel at most home games with their pathetic attendance figures....

As the Man Utd game approaches I am noticing more venomous outbursts and overreactions from Sags I know. Touchy ain't the word, it is much worse than that. They are making connections more complicated than the old 3-2-1 riddles, and it seems like they just want to have a go at any gurt Ted they come across just for the sake of it. It's what goes hand in hand with being a faithful and true supporter of a massive family club I suppose?

Is anyone else noticing the same hyper defensive attitudes of Sags that they know?

Edited by Cheesleysmate

18 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

And how appropriate is the film title ‘Home Alone’ for an event at their ‘stadium’ (tented village) - it’s how they must feel at most home games with their pathetic attendance figures....

Their pitch was crap before this so imagine what a couple of tandems and a wheelbarrow will do to their 'Championship ready' surface?  I bet the organisers are hoping there's a bike race on. ;)