IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

13 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Their pitch was crap before this so imagine what a couple of tandems and a wheelbarrow will do to their 'Championship ready' surface?  I bet the organisers are hoping there's a bike race on. ;)

It's being held in the car park where a few thousand are already patiently waiting to be locked out of the next home game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

That's good as, even though he's crap (according to their fan because they lost on Saturday), he's their best  / only player! 

Slip, slidin' away. 

Dont worry, all will be OK when they have a shiny new ground, training ground and academy..................Sometime during the 22nd century :) :)

I heard that Wally is considering using the Mem to breed camels for now (sorry, train).

Edited by wendyredredrobin
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Dont worry, all will be OK when they have a shiny new ground, training ground and academy..................Sometime during the 22nd century :) :)

I heard that Wally is considering using the Mem to breed camels for now (sorry, train).

That's dangerous - they're a little bit too close to horses to be safe in Horfield...

4 hours ago, pnefcok said:

He’s only got 6 months left on his deal so I’d have thought 300k is a maximum.

We’re also in for Lewis Morgan at St. Mirren, but they are demanding a loan back so I was told it’s led us to being seriously interested in Bodin.

Remember to do your bidding in the new football currency of the 'Tilson', an alternative to the 'bitcoin' but nowhere near as valuable!

• Like 1

My Rovers mate (word used loosely as he’s a right weapon) is adamant they’re signing O’Dowda from us because he hasn’t been playing. I’ve told him he’s injured which makes me a jealous Ted. 

I’m so glad I don’t support them as it infuriates me when people turn up to footy and don’t have a clue. Not one of the blue few understand football, from the basics to the business side. 

This does add to my amusement though

• Haha 11

6 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

My Rovers mate (word used loosely as he’s a right weapon) is adamant they’re signing O’Dowda from us because he hasn’t been playing. 

:rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br:

How exactly do they think they could they afford O'Dowda? They haven't got 2 beans to rub together! - All wally could afford for ground improvements was a tub of shake and vac, and he has hardly been splashing the cash on players now has he? 

O'Dowda is young and on the verge of breaking through to be a first choice in his international team.We bought him for around £1.2 million  (3 Tilson's in their language) and his recent form before his injury means his value is likely to have increased significantly. If and when we sell him I think we'd be looking at several million or more.

13 minutes ago, cityal said:

How exactly do they think they could they afford O'Dowda? They haven't got 2 beans to rub together! - All wally could afford for ground improvements was a tub of shake and vac, and he has hardly been splashing the cash on players now has he? 

O'Dowda is young and on the verge of breaking through to be a first choice in his international team.We bought him for around £1.2 million  (3 Tilson's in their language) and his recent form before his injury means his value is likely to have increased significantly. If and when we sell him I think we'd be looking at several million or more.

Closer to 4 Tilsons

18 minutes ago, cityal said:

Besides all that, it was Wallys idea that the two clubs did no future transfer business with each other. 

Callum O'Dowda?? Doubt they can afford calamine lotion. 

Edited by glynriley

48 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

My Rovers mate (word used loosely as he’s a right weapon) is adamant they’re signing O’Dowda from us because he hasn’t been playing. I’ve told him he’s injured which makes me a jealous Ted. 

I’m so glad I don’t support them as it infuriates me when people turn up to footy and don’t have a clue. Not one of the blue few understand football, from the basics to the business side. 

This does add to my amusement though

:laugh: :laugh::laugh:

They really don't help themselves do they?

He would cost at least 20 Tilsons! 

16 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Apparently it’s SL thought they didn’t get the uwe . And Bristol Rugby will be playing there. Secret handshakes and all that. 

Un-bloody-believable. It would be hilariously funny though!

'I think that SL has had a whisper in few UWE Governors ears, and i would be willing to put my neck out and say the egg chasers will play at UWE. The guy is a w4nker, ever since it was revealed that he had been giving financial advice, the days of us working with UWE were numbered.'

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Un-bloody-believable. It would be hilariously funny though!

'I think that SL has had a whisper in few UWE Governors ears, and i would be willing to put my neck out and say the egg chasers will play at UWE. The guy is a w4nker, ever since it was revealed that he had been giving financial advice, the days of us working with UWE were numbered.'

Always the victims, never their fault.

This must be tearing them apart. Currently 3rd in the league, about to play one of the biggest clubs in the world, positive articles about us in the media..

Meanwhile the Sags are getting thumped by the likes of Gillingham every week, in the news for racist abuse, failing to pay their staff the required minimum wage, horse punching, failed stadium attempts..

I'm sure their bitterness and envy is currently in overdrive..

1 hour ago, Sergio Georgini said:

This must be tearing them apart. Currently 3rd in the league, about to play one of the biggest clubs in the world, positive articles about us in the media..

Meanwhile the Sags are getting thumped by the likes of Gillingham every week, in the news for racist abuse, failing to pay their staff the required minimum wage, horse punching, failed stadium attempts..

I'm sure their bitterness and envy is currently in overdrive..

I was actually amazed today. There was  a gas head on site  that actually wished us luck for tomorrow. He said he likes LJ , comes across really well in the media and also said he's glad there's at least one team in Bristol with some ambition and doing things the right way. :shocking:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I was actually amazed today. There was  a gas head on site  that actually wished us luck for tomorrow. He said he likes LJ , comes across really well in the media and also said he's glad there's at least one team in Bristol with some ambition and doing things the right way. :shocking:

Must have been one of the five fingered ones.

48 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Was obviously a dirty ted in disguise.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

It is unbelievable I know. But I know a couple of gasheads who are really nice people. Don’t know **** all about football. But not sour and bitter like them fools on asschat . 

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

It is unbelievable I know. But I know a couple of gasheads who are really nice people. Don’t know **** all about football. But not sour and bitter like them fools on asschat . 

Same here, most of the ones I know are sound and seem to know and accept they are the City’s second team but I have known the odd few who are well and truly bitter

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

12 minutes ago, harrys said:

Same here, most of the ones I know are sound and seem to know and accept they are the City’s second team but I have known the odd few who are well and truly bitter

The ones I know are nice enough people, but for some reason when talking about the 15ers they seem to suddenly become bumbling idiots who make one ridiculously stupid comment after another. It's a strange phenomenon, which I don't think I've come across with any other team at such a universal level. Would you agree with my assessment @The turtle?

• Like 1