IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

19 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Photos of him were instantly splashed all over the media celebrating his goal. Many Gasheads thought he was one of theirs and had saved them from relegation.

Some are still confused today...

“I’ve been through two divorces and the Thatcher years Geoff....but this is the worst..”

Who will ever forget that call to Twentyman after Sir, Lord, Legend Colin Daniel spanked home the last nail in their league coffin with a gas badge upon his chest?!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

“I’ve been through two divorces and the Thatcher years Geoff....but this is the worst..”

Who will ever forget that call to Twentyman after Sir, Lord, Legend Colin Daniel spanked home the last nail in their league coffin with a gas badge upon his chest?!

That was hilarious

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Labour all frew da Fatcher years... (quiet sobbing) :rofl2br:

9 hours ago, pongo88 said:

One thing Rovers used to have at Eastville, that we’ve never had, is flower beds behind the goals. I often think, when I go to City’s modern stadium, that the one thing missing is flower beds. I think SL missed a golden opportunity, regarding flowers, when the ground was redeveloped. We could have had John Otway instead of the Wurzels and a new song - “Beware of the flowers cos I’m sure they’re gonna get you, yeah”

Supported by 'Atilla the Stockbroker' ........

Edited by Robert the bruce
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, pongo88 said:

The half moon gaps were a result of the holiganism of the era. The logic was it kept supporters slightly farther away from the goal, and thus made it more difficult for them to throw things at the goalkeeper 

4 words , Mellor is a dartboard.

One for the oldies :clapping:

• Haha 5

Seems their development squad isn’t all that’s being made out, after hearing how great they are, I’ve discovered there were only 5/6 teams in the league and their top scorer is on loan from Stoke :facepalm: also there’s a post on slagchat quoting a statement from one of their released youngsters dad, makes great reading tbf.

Jobs for the boys.

6 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

8E5CFC0A-8357-4784-9961-D299C614F3E3.jpeg

Apparently, those that didn't camouflage themselves as light blue chairs were all told to sit together.

That's why you can't see the missing fans. 

ps if you zoom in you can see traces of dribble by the "empty" seats.

8 hours ago, pongo88 said:

The half moon gaps were a result of the holiganism of the era. The logic was it kept supporters slightly farther away from the goal, and thus made it more difficult for them to throw things at the goalkeeper 

Ken Bates wanted to put up an electric fence to keep the troublemakers in line and there was an absolute outcry.

Yet Wael puts up a Gas tent and not even a murmur.

12 hours ago, pongo88 said:

One thing Rovers used to have at Eastville, that we’ve never had, is flower beds behind the goals. I often think, when I go to City’s modern stadium, that the one thing missing is flower beds. I think SL missed a golden opportunity, regarding flowers, when the ground was redeveloped. We could have had John Otway instead of the Wurzels and a new song - “Beware of the flowers cos I’m sure they’re gonna get you, yeah”

Wasn't it when they were at Eastville that they got properly taken in by a TV stunt and fooled into following some Feng Shui nonsense about putting stones behind the goals or something. Or am I just imagining that?

38 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Wasn't it when they were at Eastville that they got properly taken in by a TV stunt and fooled into following some Feng Shui nonsense about putting stones behind the goals or something. Or am I just imagining that?

No, you’re not imagining it. The berks let a couple of TV pranksters convince them that a few well placed stones along with making sure all the toilet seats in the ground were lowered would help them pick up 3 points on a Saturday (no doubt, helping them get above ‘dem gert shid eds’ as well).

However, it was after they’d moved to the Mem.

Desperate nut jobs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

No, you’re not imagining it. The berks let a couple of TV pranksters convince them that a few well placed stones along with making sure all the toilet seats in the ground were lowered would help them pick up 3 points on a Saturday (no doubt, helping them get above ‘dem gert shid eds’ as well).

However, it was after they’d moved to the Mem.

Desperate nut jobs.

are you sure?

3 hours ago, italian dave said:

Feng phooey prank cons the Rovers

A football club was caught offside when it fell for a feng shui scam at the hands of television pranksters.

Guy de Beaujeu and Patrick Stockhausen persuaded Bristol Rovers officials they could enhance the club's results by such devices as installing a fish tank containing plastic fish behind the goal and ordering staff to make sure all toilet seats were down at all times.

Their other requirements included erecting an ornamental ceramic frog above the stadium entrance, placing potted house plants in all four corners of the players' dressing room, and hanging wind chimes around the stadium.

Gullible staff carried out all the recommendations made by the "experts in the ancient Chinese art" in an effort to beat second division rivals Gillingham. But the mumbo jumbo failed to create the right aura - and Rovers lost 1-0.

Yesterday Mr De Beaujeu, 32, said: "They fell for it, hook, line and sinker. They did everything we asked without question."

Mr De Beaujeu and Mr Stockhausen, who are based in Bristol, staged the stunt for a comedy series, The Gatecrashers, which they filmed last year for ITV2.

One of their producers telephoned Bristol Rovers and told the club they were making a documentary about the power of feng shui.

The ancient art is believed to balance one's surroundings and induce general well-being.

Rovers agreed to let the pair into their Memorial Ground stadium in the hope that this might boost the team's performance.

The duo duly arrived with a cameraman two hours before the kick-off of Rovers' tie against Gillingham, armed with bags of supposed feng shui paraphernalia.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2000/jan/20/newsstory.sport1

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Feng phooey prank cons the Rovers

A football club was caught offside when it fell for a feng shui scam at the hands of television pranksters.

Guy de Beaujeu and Patrick Stockhausen persuaded Bristol Rovers officials they could enhance the club's results by such devices as installing a fish tank containing plastic fish behind the goal and ordering staff to make sure all toilet seats were down at all times.

Their other requirements included erecting an ornamental ceramic frog above the stadium entrance, placing potted house plants in all four corners of the players' dressing room, and hanging wind chimes around the stadium.

Gullible staff carried out all the recommendations made by the "experts in the ancient Chinese art" in an effort to beat second division rivals Gillingham. But the mumbo jumbo failed to create the right aura - and Rovers lost 1-0.

Yesterday Mr De Beaujeu, 32, said: "They fell for it, hook, line and sinker. They did everything we asked without question."

Mr De Beaujeu and Mr Stockhausen, who are based in Bristol, staged the stunt for a comedy series, The Gatecrashers, which they filmed last year for ITV2.

One of their producers telephoned Bristol Rovers and told the club they were making a documentary about the power of feng shui.

The ancient art is believed to balance one's surroundings and induce general well-being.

Rovers agreed to let the pair into their Memorial Ground stadium in the hope that this might boost the team's performance.

The duo duly arrived with a cameraman two hours before the kick-off of Rovers' tie against Gillingham, armed with bags of supposed feng shui paraphernalia.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2000/jan/20/newsstory.sport1

#agentstockhausen

20 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

The father needs to get a grip. Surely if he was any good they would have kept him on. Bitter bloke!!

I was more surprised by the 2 years away from the first team and the lad is only 19.

Just how underfunded are they if they expect their under 23s to be in the first team by the time they are 21.

• Like 1