IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Some great comments by gas heads on the post website about they can't afford a fgr striker

I wouldn't blame him if he walked, the owner is a clown and a disgrace. For what DC has done for this club he deserves to be backed.

9 hours ago

BoeBus

If other League One clubs can be fairly competitive - I'm not talking about relegated Championship clubs who if they can hang on to the nucleus of their squad often bounce straight back - often on smaller gates than Rovers, why can't The Gas?

To an outsider it looks very much that the owner and board are not backing the manager with anything like the financial resources he needs.

Traditionally Rovers have been run by small shopkeepers and the like on their board whilst City have often had bigger businessmen such as Dolman, Hobbs and Lansdown heavily involved with them. They have more resources.

The euphoria when it was thought that Rovers were tapping in to lots of Middle East money has quickly evaporated once it became obvious that the Rovers backers are not in the same league as many from that area of the world who invest in English clubs.  They are the Middle East version of the small shopkeeper.

16 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Gash being kicked out their training ground in 12 months. Maybe that’s been mentioned in this 747 page thread?!

Yeah we talked about it when they were buying the colony - 

8 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Such a weird lot. Talking about Chinese burning Matty Taylor’s cock. ?

FD623567-04CE-497B-A9D2-A17DC1DFC7D6.png

So in Nobbygas world giving people chinese burns on their cocks is a thing - bet his friends love him ?

Edited by Fiale
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Redsi2 said:

Some great comments by gas heads on the post website about they can't afford a fgr striker

I wouldn't blame him if he walked, the owner is a clown and a disgrace. For what DC has done for this club he deserves to be backed.

9 hours ago

BoeBus

If other League One clubs can be fairly competitive - I'm not talking about relegated Championship clubs who if they can hang on to the nucleus of their squad often bounce straight back - often on smaller gates than Rovers, why can't The Gas?

To an outsider it looks very much that the owner and board are not backing the manager with anything like the financial resources he needs.

Traditionally Rovers have been run by small shopkeepers and the like on their board whilst City have often had bigger businessmen such as Dolman, Hobbs and Lansdown heavily involved with them. They have more resources.

The euphoria when it was thought that Rovers were tapping in to lots of Middle East money has quickly evaporated once it became obvious that the Rovers backers are not in the same league as many from that area of the world who invest in English clubs.  They are the Middle East version of the small shopkeeper.

Plenty of us on here said at the time Wally or his family for that matter wasn’t worth what they or the media were making out to be, did they listen?

Nope, we were just bitter jealous Teds ?

29 minutes ago, Redsi2 said:

In the late 1940's Harry Dolman had two season tickets for Rovers. He was invited to become a Director and attended a board meeting as an observer.  The directors were discussing selling Eastville Stadium to the greyhound company and then renting it back. Harry expressed his opinion that would be a retrograde step. He was told that with thinking like that, he'd be better off at City and the rest is history. This is all explained in Peter Godsiff's "Complete History of Bristol City FC".

• Like 2

I can't believe there actually one or two on Gaschat, saying that Darrel didn't sound depressed on the show. He said the owners were shit in as a diplomatic way as possible, said there was no extra money and they were on their to having less infrastructure than they have now if they don't replace the training ground they sold. (I must have missed when they sold that to "a school"?)

He sounds like Theresa May, who has been trying to get the Tories to kick her out for two years, every time she wins a vote by a slender majority and secretly cries into her wine behind closed doors. 

He should tout a new reality show to Dave or one of those channels "I am a reasonably good Manager, get me out of here!"

• Haha 2

The foundations at the sags seems to be falling apart again. There are some big clubs in that league now and i just cant see them anywhere else but in a relegation scrap this season. 

The funny thing is if they have a bad start some of the fewers in a display of insanity will start calling for his head. He could walk or be sacked and they will be at fault for their own downfall. 

Can't wait!

28 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

The foundations at the sags seems to be falling apart again. There are some big clubs in that league now and i just cant see them anywhere else but in a relegation scrap this season. 

The funny thing is if they have a bad start some of the fewers in a display of insanity will start calling for his head. He could walk or be sacked and they will be at fault for their own downfall. 

Can't wait!

I'm not sure they could afford to sack him, he's still got 3 years left on his contract I think. Say 2k a week, that's a £Tilson if they tried to get rid.

Don’t think it’ll be long until R*vers turn on Wael and start protesting for him to go. 

Especially if there’s no news on the new training ground by Christmas time. 

A few mates of mine who support that lot are very worried, not for the next season but to actually have a club to support. If they go down Wael won’t invest to get them back up again anytime soon whilst draining whatever assets they have left. 

Its a fantastic time to be supporting City. We are financially sound, great youth coming through, fantastic facilities and wealthy backer willing to put money into the club....... one day sag heads you might know what it feels like ?

• Like 1

Listening to the show it was all depressing from the sags view.

Anything involving the training ground, budgets and player recruitment , basically anything involving expenditure he skirted around. Any manager will meet with the board to discuss budgeting and resources to assist with forward planning for the forthcoming season.

He made a few light hearted remarks but that was only glossing over the cracks and lack of any real business plan moving forward from his board which is astonishing.

I actually felt sorry for him. With LJ and Way talking fondly about old Yeovil days & the positive sharing of ideas with the Bears in state of the art surroundings it must have been quite surreal for Clarke looking in.

I would imagine he will be quite angry when he shifts the bucket to catch the rain in his portukabin office tomorrow wondering why he didn't take the Leeds job.

Considering what he has to put up with and the way he has been treated I don't think he'll think twice next time.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Swede said:

Listening to the show it was all depressing from the sags view.

Anything involving the training ground, budgets and player recruitment , basically anything involving expenditure he skirted around. Any manager will meet with the board to discuss budgeting and resources to assist with forward planning for the forthcoming season.

He made a few light hearted remarks but that was only glossing over the cracks and lack of any real business plan moving forward from his board which is astonishing.

I actually felt sorry for him. With LJ and Way talking fondly about old Yeovil days & the positive sharing of ideas with the Bears in state of the art surroundings it must have been quite surreal for Clarke looking in.

I would imagine he will be quite angry when he shifts the bucket to catch the rain in his portukabin office tomorrow wondering why he didn't take the Leeds job.

Considering what he has to put up with and the way he has been treated I don't think he'll think twice next time.

Happy days indeed!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Redsi2 said:

Which explains why Burnley reached Europe in the 1960s when their chairman was a butcher.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I can't believe there actually one or two on Gaschat, saying that Darrel didn't sound depressed on the show. He said the owners were shit in as a diplomatic way as possible, said there was no extra money and they were on their to having less infrastructure than they have now if they don't replace the training ground they sold. (I must have missed when they sold that to "a school"?)

He sounds like Theresa May, who has been trying to get the Tories to kick her out for two years, every time she wins a vote by a slender majority and secretly cries into her wine behind closed doors. 

He should tout a new reality show to Dave or one of those channels "I am a reasonably good Manager, get me out of here!"

Maybe an 'opening' for Darrel to 'step in & take over the hosting of Roger Mellie's "Celebrity Shit in a Bucket".......???

Nice little half time cameo 'slot possibly..?

Edited by Robert the bruce
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Don’t think it’ll be long until R*vers turn on Wael and start protesting for him to go. 

Especially if there’s no news on the new training ground by Christmas time. 

A few mates of mine who support that lot are very worried, not for the next season but to actually have a club to support. If they go down Wael won’t invest to get them back up again anytime soon whilst draining whatever assets they have left. 

Its a fantastic time to be supporting City. We are financially sound, great youth coming through, fantastic facilities and wealthy backer willing to put money into the club....... one day sag heads you might know what it feels like ?

They won't protest, they love to bury their heads in the sand.  Historically they lap up all the lies they are fed by board members and hope for the best.

If this chaos was at AG, people would be strung up.

9 minutes ago, Rocky said:

They won't protest, they love to bury their heads in the sand.  Historically they lap up all the lies they are fed by board members and hope for the best.

If this chaos was at AG, people would be strung up.

they will just stop turning up, they always abandon the gas when things don't go their way, you watch their attendances drop to 6k if they have a poor start

6 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

they will just stop turning up, they always abandon the gas when things don't go their way, you watch their attendances drop to 6k if they have a poor start

No, no, no........ don't you remember

"If the R*vers played in the street we'd watch from the pavement"

13 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Oh laugh definitely laugh.....it’s only fair because they give us soooooo much to laugh at, over and over again.....and I’ll never forget moments like this vid below....have you ever seen a City manager demonstrate such a classless performance?! I doubt it....how cringey is Dopey at 0:52....No ground, no crowd, no class - that’s the gas....

It goes in with the RB interview when he asked how " them lot up the road " got on .

The man has no class and thus is a perfect fit fir the Gas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Oh laugh definitely laugh.....it’s only fair because they give us soooooo much to laugh at, over and over again.....and I’ll never forget moments like this vid below....have you ever seen a City manager demonstrate such a classless performance?! I doubt it....how cringey is Dopey at 0:52....No ground, no crowd, no class - that’s the gas....

It goes in with the RB interview when he asked how " them lot up the road " got on .

The man has no class and thus is a perfect fit for the Gas.