IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

I think Clarke has gone down the typical gas route of trying to blame us for their troubles. The inference in that quote to me is that he wants people to think that, they wouldn't be struggling quite so badly if we weren't so clearly ahead of them and hoovering up the young fans and attracting people who only had a passing interest before. 

On top of that we are the ones with the academy and the training ground investment, so they are going to find it even harder to attract young local talent.

How very dare we! :), He seems to be trying to stoke up even more resentment in the minds of "his fans" who already think we are somehow cheating by actually investing money into the club.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chinapig said:

Furthermore that the financial gap between us and big clubs in our own league is likely rather bigger than the gap between them and most clubs in theirs.

Very true, look at the amounts spent by clubs like Villa compared to us.

Try explaining to a thick Sag that Lansdowns wealth isn’t that significant in the Championship when we’re up against clubs with parachute payments and wealthier backers...you might as well bang your head against a brick wall.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I think Clarke has gone down the typical gas route of trying to blame us for their troubles. The inference in that quote to me is that he wants people to think that, they wouldn't be struggling quite so badly if we weren't so clearly ahead of them and hoovering up the young fans and attracting people who only had a passing interest before. 

First and foremost he’s trying to say “it’s not my fault”, something he does every week (usually just after saying he takes full responsibility). 

He’s already had little digs at the Al Qadis before but this time, rather than blame us, he’s clearly using the fact that SL puts his money where his mouth is as a stick to beat Wally with. 

If they were actually interested and had the money they’d probably sack him, if he had the balls and the self respect he’d walk away. Neither will happen.

What is interesting is that if they were on the brink of being taken over, surely he would know, in which case why say anything? I know if I wanted to buy the Gas I’d be a bit concerned that the manager was so prepared to throw his bosses under the bus, especially by publicly comparing them to a far, far wealthier owner in the same City. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Looks like we've had a shout out from the overrated, outdated dog lover.. (It won't allow me to say the N word, no not THAT one!).

Do2PlrJXgAELH5U.jpg:large

What have our resources got to do with them at this point in time..?

They are in the relegation zone of League one. They, themselves, have created the current situation. 

Even considering mentioning us is an utter selection tactic, which their idiot fan base will lap up, rather than looking at themselves for the reasons that they are in a world of trouble. 

DC is a moron, but he’s good at spouting the spin to keep him popular amongst the mongs. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Swede said:

What a dump. Why don't they ground share with Swindon?  Similar amount of fans with the same mental capacity. Even the county ground doesn't have portaloos.

Swindon is too close. Hopefully they **** off to Carlisle or something. 

Dopie is a self obsessed *****, everything is about what he does for the club, what the players don't do right when losing, but his players have done when winning, notice how the prat says his fans! 

Can't ever remember one of our managers ever stating how those that come support the club are his fans and not our fans!

Dopey seems torn to me. He now KNOWS he is managing Rag-ass Rovers which is a badge of honour for many up there and he is clearly getting fed up with it but at the same time he has totally bought into the ridiculous “famous quarters” and “better fans than Leeds, Liverpool and Celtic” BS and he just doesn’t know what to do.

Head is saying “get the hell out of this tip whilst my career prospects are still relatively intact” but the heart is telling him “it will all get better one day and we’ll piss all over they gert Teds”!!

In fairness the wind was changing direction continuosly throughout the first half and Walsall put quality crosses and corners in, a nightmare for any keeper.
Unfortunately apart from Lines our crossing was atrocious and I could have kept goal for them.

??????

You couldn't make it up, them pesky Teds and that pesky wind.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

And even if he does think there is value in saying it the two situations could not be more different. We are where we are now due to a good few years now of sound financial management and a long term vision of what we want to achieve with an owner, staff and players (mostly) pulling in the same direction. They are suffering from years of under-investment and incompetence with no plan to change things any time soon.

The difference is that we have learned from our mistakes and they haven`t. Has anyone noticed that, among the many feeble insults hurled at us by the blue few, they no longer refer to us as a rich man`s plaything so at least their dense tiny brains have realised that they are far more that than we ever were or will be.

It does make a difference of course that our owner is genuinely wealthy rather than a fraud with a nice watch.

They still think we’d be beneath them if we didn’t have money though.

They use us to try and stay relevant. They should be judged on their own merits, or lack thereof.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Dopey seems torn to me. He now KNOWS he is managing Rag-ass Rovers which is a badge of honour for many up there and he is clearly getting fed up with it but at the same time he has totally bought into the ridiculous “famous quarters” and “better fans than Leeds, Liverpool and Celtic” BS and he just doesn’t know what to do.

Head is saying “get the hell out of this tip whilst my career prospects are still relatively intact” but the heart is telling him “it will all get better one day and we’ll piss all over they gert Teds”!!

You can sort of understand his misguided drivel, from someone like Holloway, being a Rovers born & (in)bred supporter. However DC is a northerner, with no connection whatsoever to Rovers, before joining the payroll. 

He has never even managed them in a competitive game against us, so his vitriol towards us shows him up for exactly the kind of moron he is. 

We shouldn’t even be on his radar. I’m sure he thinks it buys him favour amongst the blue few, to occasionally dig or refer to us, but it’s bizzare! 

Dont get me wrong, he’s very good at playing the game and appearing to be “one of them” when the truth is, we are just a convenient deploy to his failings & gripes within his own set up. 

It’s a shame he hasn’t actually got more about him, because it would be hilarious to poach him as our new manager, when we are next in the market for one! Truth is, he’s not as good as he thinks he is, or as a couple of promotions from non league & the basement suggest he might be. Hence why he’s had no solid offers elsewhere as an escape route from the hovel. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

He was in the Hartlepool side that was beaten by us in the 2004 Play Offs. Probably still got the noise of the goal celebrations ringing in his ears.

Louder than the Nou Camp according to Graham Poll (funnily enough can’t say I’ve ever heard the Mem described like that). 

Happy Days.

More tents than Nou Camp

12 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

We shouldn’t even be on his radar. I’m sure he thinks it buys him favour amongst the blue few, to occasionally dig or refer to us, but it’s bizzare! 

Dont get me wrong, he’s very good at playing the game and appearing to be “one of them”

He knows it does, he probably figured out within hours of joining the club that all he’s got to do to become irreplaceable in the eyes of the average gullible sag is to come out with the same shit they do. 

I expect the first bit of advice John Ward gave him was “you can get away with murder here son as long as you make out it’s more than just a job to you, tell them you love da gaaazz, hate da shit and pretend the fan base is something special...even though they’re clearly not”.

• Like 2

Just having a little tay ta tay with the former stadium announcer? Mike Jay, on facebook. What a typical gas head dick. He came out with the usual 1982 comment and making players redundant, then went on to say that now the rugby isn't played there, their pitch is much improved. So, I gave him a little volley, waiting for a response now.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Rich said:

Just having a little tay ta tay with the former stadium announcer? Mike Jay, on facebook. What a typical gas head dick. He came out with the usual 1982 comment and making players redundant, then went on to say that now the rugby isn't played there, their pitch is much improved. So, I gave him a little volley, waiting for a response now.

They didn’t play rugby there last year but their pitch was still a cabbage patch because a club official allegedly invoiced BRFC for sand of a type used on sports pitches but actually bought the sand typically used in cement mixers, of course pocketing the difference. 

Loyal and true. 

18 minutes ago, Rich said:

They didn’t play rugby there last year but their pitch was still a cabbage patch because a club official allegedly invoiced BRFC for sand of a type used on sports pitches but actually bought the sand typically used in cement mixers, of course pocketing the difference. 

Loyal and true. 

6 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Not so long ago...

IMG_9342.PNG

in all fairness outside of this thread people on this site think he's a good manager and wonder why he didn't leave when his stock was high. So, nope not hated by most 'Teds' - we just find him kinda funny, and a little sad to still be at that dump.

Edited by Fiale