IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

To be honest from about 3pm that day was absolutely glorious. The goals going in elsewhere, Daniels strike, hitting the post, desperation, full time, the GT call in.

Unlucky Da Shit 

It was such a wonderful day! I was sat outside Severnshed with some mates following their desperate attempts to equalise on my phone, and as it became more apparent that it really might happen other City fans there came over after hearing our shouting. We went ******* tonto at the final whistle haha.

We had a couple more celebratory beers before getting a taxi to Gloucester Road (I live in enemy territory!) and got in to find the driver was a beaming fellow City fan pissing himself at the whole affair too!

Their shell shocked faces in the pubs in BS7 that night were a beautiful sight to behold, especially for someone like me who had been at Twerton on 02/05/90!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It's not until all the gifts that they keep giving are revisited that one finally realises what a unique club and bunch of fans they are. There has to be some sort of book or documentary that can be made to capture what is clearly an absolutely farcical football club. 800+ pages on here alone would be a start as well as all the TV footage and newspaper reports. 

I just hope it continues as they are a joy to behold!!

15 minutes ago, INCRED said:

It's not until all the gifts that they keep giving are revisited that one finally realises what a unique club and bunch of fans they are. There has to be some sort of book or documentary that can be made to capture what is clearly an absolutely farcical football club. 800+ pages on here alone would be a start as well as all the TV footage and newspaper reports. 

I just hope it continues as they are a joy to behold!!

Just put both of the Rovers threads in to print and you'd have a best seller on your hands!

Keep them coming

unlucky da shit

them celebrating staying up and a week later get relegated out of the football league, by a team who were wearing their own away kit! 

Santa’s grotto

the disabled stand

the Thatcher years, my dogs dead interview

The invisible Row M in their new temporary stand is also a contender

Open top bus tour 

The babestation incident 

Placing a fish tank containing plastic fish behind the goal... https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2000/jan/20/newsstory.sport1

Being taken overby a Fake Sheikh

uwe falling through

watertight contract gate

boob cricket

insiders stealing from their own

Edited by Unan

3 hours ago, TinMan's left peg said:

I think it’s probably my favourite stupid thing they’ve done. Top 5 at least.  Less distraction and more idiotic delusion that anyone would be remotely interested in what a 3rd tier, badly run football team would think about the referendum result. And the “statement” doesn’t even say anything, it’s a non-statement.  

We should have a vote on the funniest thing Rovers have done over the last 5 years. 

The Bristol city relegation party thread on gad chat has to be up there.

6 minutes ago, Unan said:

Keep them coming

unlucky da shit

them celebrating staying up and a week later get relegated out of the football league, by a team who were wearing their own away kit! 

Santa’s grotto

the disabled stand

the Thatcher years, my dogs dead interview

The invisible Row M in their new temporary stand is also a contender

Open top bus tour 

The babestation incident 

Placing a fish tank containing plastic fish behind the goal... https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2000/jan/20/newsstory.sport1

Being taken overby a Fake Sheikh

uwe falling through

watertight contract gate

boob cricket

insiders stealing from their own

If someone tried to pitch that to the makers of much missed Football Soap 'Dream Team' it would be dismissed as too unbelievable.

And this is a show that had an entire series of Karl Fletcher the ghost!

6 minutes ago, TinMan's left peg said:

Ok, very difficult to narrow down but I’m going 

1. Relegated from the entire league by a team wearing their kit

2. Open top bus tour

3. Santa’s grotto

4. Brexit statement

5. Row M of the new tent 

Point of order...

Was the bus tour within the last 5 years? Granted, it feels like yesterday - it's impossible to think of it with a straight face - but have they not been back in the league for longer?

Edited by Bristol Rob

1 minute ago, TinMan's left peg said:

Ok, very difficult to narrow down but I’m going 

1. Relegated from the entire league by a team wearing their kit

2. Open top bus tour

3. Santa’s grotto

4. Brexit statement

5. Row M of the new tent 

1. Relegated from the entire league by a team wearing their kit.  That was a day I will never forget, Radio Bristol phone in was comedy gold, and I was in the Essex in Kingswood that night....brilliant, just brilliant. Thick shites didn't realise we were taking the piss. Marvellous night that was.

2. The UWE open day "stand" which showed in spades just how tinpot that insignificant little shite of a club are.

3. The open top bus tour - what possessed them ? it was cringing and embarrassing - but they're used to that.

4. The Al Qadi's. "6th richest club in England", "we're coming to get you", etc etc, carrying 'ol Wally on their shoulders up the Gloucester Road - now look at 'em.

5. Santas Grotto sums them up but there are so many more gifts, too many to mention - the tents and the new "family stand", far too many.

They truly are the gift that keeps giving.

A totally unprofessional and tinpot outfit.

Read 'em and weep Pikeys. 

4 hours ago, TinMan's left peg said:

We should have a vote on the funniest thing Rovers have done over the last 5 years. 

5??? Could probably extend that vote to 50 with the amount of things those turds have given us to take the piss with. Never known a club like it from the boardroom to the morons who follow them. Comical.

Relegated to division 5 as the fewers like to call it and being conned into thinking they’ve been taken over by a billionaire (with plenty of sags out there who actually still believe he is btw) are the 2 stand out ones for me.

So many too name:

The Cheesy chips.

Clarke bawling his eyes out at FT

Dags being chased off the pitch by horses

Taylor won’t be sold for less than £10m

Wallys tweets towards following Taylorgate

Unreal amount more ?

• Haha 1

I`ve said it before and I`ll say it again - I sometimes think that the club are a long term installation project by the KLF. However, I doubt that, even in the most twisted parts of Bill Drummond and Jimmy Cauty`s imaginations, that they could dream up a stunt as convincing as BRFC.

Ether that or it`s the most successful project they`ve ever undertaken and it`s now taken on such a life of it`s own that it won`t stop until the whole thing self -destructs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Relegated to division 5 as the fewers like to call it and being conned into thinking they’ve been taken over by a billionaire (with plenty of sags out there who actually still believe he is btw) are the 2 stand out ones for me.

So many too name:

The Cheesy chips.

Unreal amount more ?

Too humorous to mention !

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

So many too name:

The Cheesy chips.

Unreal amount more ?

Haha, I'd forgotten a few of those.  Just need a title for this bestseller then, followedby the blockbuster movie.

"The Sag's are Coming for us"

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Haha, I'd forgotten a few of those.  Just need a title for this bestseller then, followedby the blockbuster movie.

"The Sag's are Coming for us"

As someone mentioned previously, knock up some video clip of all these ‘moments’ and someone could make a bloody fortune as it would put Sky’s - Footballs Funniest Moments to shame if it were to be aired, plus it would show the whole Nation and beyond what a unique club they are, and no saggies not the unique you think you are.

The photo of the plastic porch canopy above the entrance to one of their stands, celebrated on their website as a Summer ground improvement was a classic. 

The wrong type of sand applied to their cabbage patch another. 

They just can’t help themselves. 

56 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Point of order...

Was the bus tour within the last 5 years? Granted, it feels like yesterday - it's impossible to think of it with a straight face - but have they not been back in the league for longer?

Bristol Rovers host open-top bus parade to celebrate promotion, it did go well after all author imageJamie SandersonTuesday 26 May 2015 11:01 am

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2015/05/26/bristol-rovers-host-open-top-bus-parade-to-celebrate-promotion-it-didnt-really-go-that-wellfans1.jpg.e78f52e7c830ee6ca403237419a0c16b.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

2) If however the sale is of Bristol Rovers 1883 then the new owners get a ground which is mortgaged to the hilt with the £12m debt owed to Dwane Sports and no training ground.  Bristol Rovers 1883 by now (there is a big lead time for the accounts) is likely to have zero or negative net assets.

This is a lame duck club; unable to borrow any more money against its assets and even with serious cost cutting will be losing £600k a year.

If the scenario is (2) then gasheads would do to be very careful about wanting their current owners out.

But as the chant goes:

"One Mark Goldberg, There's only one Mark Goldberg..." and nobody in their right mind would follow suit......

6 hours ago, TinMan's left peg said:

True but Rovers will most likely release a statement about it anyway.  The world’s stock markets always hang on Rovers’ response to a major political event.  

3FE2ABA7-74A8-4E3B-87AF-8D63D85E9804.jpeg

Not really Rovers related, but for anyone still concerned about Brexit, remember the alternative:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brentry