IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

7 hours ago, RumRed said:

I loved the guy but he was handed L1 on a plate.  Still took a load of balls to do what he did though, we’ve seen many in the Championship fail with money thrown at them.

Will always have respect, and great memories from him.

However if he goes to Rover’s (can’t imagine he will) hope he’s shite.

I hope we do get him, whoever comes in will have to work with the players we have and I just get the impression he would pick a settled side and get us organised. I think if he was in charge yesterday, we may have hung on to get to half time in front.

3 minutes ago, roylegalatyeo said:

According to Non league paper,Gary Waddock due to take over this week.Non league manager ,the gash taking cheap option.hahaha

Wouldn't surprise me.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I hope we do get him, whoever comes in will have to work with the players we have and I just get the impression he would pick a settled side and get us organised. I think if he was in charge yesterday, we may have hung on to get to half time in front.

Wouldn't surprise me.

Would you have stuck with DC Miah ?

5 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Not having a pop at SL but I still don't really understand why that happened. I agree with you by the way.

@Ska Junkie I think the following well thought out response makes a lot of sense as to why the money wasn’t available at that particular time.........

6 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

A factor about Cotterill and LJ difference in budgets.

If we recall in 15/16 especially we were walking a bit of a fine line financially. Because of the redevelopment still ongoing we had a maximum capacity of less (average published attendance 15,292) as Lansdown Stand still being built.

Throw in also the corporate facilities in the Lansdown. These weren't there in 15/16 so Cotterill was arguably by necessity on a restricted budget.

This was something that wasn't the case for LJ as (average published) attendances the next year hit 19.2k plus the higher corporate revenue base from the Lansdown being complete.

If somehow and it's all ancient history now, but had Cotterill managed just to see us through the season he may well have seen the benefits of the budget increase- one of those what if situations.

Just something I think should be factored in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Unless I am mistaken I’ve not seen one post on here saying how great/or bad SC was for us? Yes he should of been given the resources that LJ has been given and people shouldn’t of messed around with the transfers that SC had already agreed that obviously fell through, had the above happened then who knows where we would be right now. I will always be grateful to Cotts for giving us one of our best ever seasons but his arrogance and stubbornness ultimately cost him his job.

You kind of contradict yourself here 

In one breath you say what we all saw....and that was Cotts was not given the resources LJ has now had . Yet you call him stubborn?

I personally don't think Cotts is that great a coach , however he was certainly stitched up here in that first half of the Championship season. The resources the Golden Child had immediately after he arrived....and since....proves that 

Edited by Andy082005
  • Like 4

Just to add more misery for the gas,don't know if been previously mentioned but I was talking to my UWE source on Friday and he said they have just come from a meeting about the direction the UWE is going in.basically it was all about brexit and fees but when mentioned about UWE stadium the answer was it was 100%dead and if rovers blame UWE anymore they will take them to court.the land is going for affordable housing and a swimming pool complex.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

You kind of contradict yourself here 

In one breath you say what we all saw....and that was Cotts was not given the resources LJ has now had . Yet you call him stubborn?

I personally don't think Cotts is that great a coach , however he was certainly stitched up here in that first half of the Championship season. The resources the Golden Child had immediately after he arrived....and since....proves that 

By stubborn I meant wouldn’t change his 352 formation and only naming 6 subs just to ‘prove a point’ which helped no one.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

By stubborn I meant wouldn’t change his 352 formation and only naming 6 subs just to ‘prove a point’ which helped no one.

Dead right about his stubbornness regarding the formation, Little in particular was way out of his depth in that formation at Championship level yet he constantly persisted with it, still got the upmost respect for Cotterill though for that great season

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Would you have stuck with DC Miah ?

Before he went, I was staying stick with him, simply because it's all very well saying sack someone, but if you don't have a plan to replace them (or money to help out the new bloke) then I couldn't see the point of getting rid, but looking back, as many others have said, his recent interviews he was pretty much saying he had run out of ideas of how to improve things without financial backing, so I think it was all sadly inevitable.

Whether someone else can save us from the drop I don't know, we played okay yesterday, but believe it or not, in a lot of the recent defeats we have been a bit unlucky, as you do tend to be when you're down at the bottom. At the start of the season, I had a £5 double on Rovers and City getting relegated, sadly for me it look's like I may be getting it only half right!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Before he went, I was staying stick with him, simply because it's all very well saying sack someone, but if you don't have a plan to replace them (or money to help out the new bloke) then I couldn't see the point of getting rid, but looking back, as many others have said, his recent interviews he was pretty much saying he had run out of ideas of how to improve things without financial backing, so I think it was all sadly inevitable.

Whether someone else can save us from the drop I don't know, we played okay yesterday, but believe it or not, in a lot of the recent defeats we have been a bit unlucky, as you do tend to be when you're down at the bottom. At the start of the season, I had a £5 double on Rovers and City getting relegated, sadly for me it look's like I may be getting it only half right!

You're an honest and good poster.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 14

42 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Who do you want as the new manager? Who do you think your get ?

4 minutes ago, daored said:

Who do you want as the new manager? Who do you think your get ?

I am hoping for Cotterill, he strikes me as a man who can get a simple message across to players on how he wants to play and what he expects from everyone. My main worry is that he will get an interview , realise the owners are full of shite, and think to himself '**** that'. I don't know about his personal situation, I suspect he would like a managers role again, but I don't think he would necessarily have to take this one, someone soon will surely offer him something.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I am hoping for Cotterill, he strikes me as a man who can get a simple message across to players on how he wants to play and what he expects from everyone. My main worry is that he will get an interview , realise the owners are full of shite, and think to himself '**** that'. I don't know about his personal situation, I suspect he would like a managers role again, but I don't think he would necessarily have to take this one, someone soon will surely offer him something.

Not sure how true it is, but I was told before the match yesterday that Cott's was still being paid by Brum. Not sure if taking another job would effect that, maybe being paid until he finds new employment which I guess means he would want as much / more than he was getting. Which may explain why he's not taken anything so far. As I said, maybe wrong.

Just now, 1960maaan said:

Not sure how true it is, but I was told before the match yesterday that Cott's was still being paid by Brum. Not sure if taking another job would effect that, maybe being paid until he finds new employment which I guess means he would want as much / more than he was getting. Which may explain why he's not taken anything so far. As I said, maybe wrong.

Think you’re right and it was possibly the same when he left us.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Would Birmingham notice if he was managing Bristol Rovers?

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

The state of Bristol football err 'fans'.