IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

7 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

2908     and Miah !

Not me I'm afraid. A very dear friend died yesterday, one of I have been meeting up with at Rovers for 30 years or so, the way he was in the past week means it really was a happy release. I will admit to being extra pleased that we won and you lost yesterday, he was a big character and going to games will never quite be the same again.

He was very loud, a bit of a pain and very funny. He hated the colour red & everything about City with a passion! I will be doing my bit to be a bit more insulting to you lot in his honour from now on :)

• Like 4
  • Sad 7

3 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Not me I'm afraid. A very dear friend died yesterday, one of I have been meeting up with at Rovers for 30 years or so, the way he was in the past week means it really was a happy release. I will admit to being extra pleased that we won and you lost yesterday, he was a big character and going to games will never quite be the same again.

He was very loud, a bit of a pain and very funny. He hated the colour red & everything about City with a passion! I will be doing my bit to be a bit more insulting to you lot in his honour from now on :)

Sorry to hear this about your friend Miah.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Condolences Miah. I also lost someone very close to me this year who was rovers through and through. Puts things into perspective. 

55 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Sorry for your loss Miah. RIP passionate Pirate. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

To be fair he’s apologised for it. I’m sure most of us have said or written something in the past without thinking about it first. 

He apologisred for it because of the pelters he was getting. Not that the Mods seemed to be in that camp of course.

Hope the *** *** ***** that's a joke in bad taste of course and I apologise unreservedly as I didn't think about it first.

• Like 1

A very stupid joke, yes. 

But many of you are perfect examples of the modern disease that is chucking your toys out of the pram in front of your keyboards. 

There are people in YOUR street barely able to feed their kids, suffering depression without friends and family, unable to pay their bills. They are far more deserving of your disgust and intolerance of their plight. 

Invest your energy in helping them perhaps?

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Some nasty words being said about trescothick because he had a bit of banter. Vile supporters way below the belt

The trouble with them is they have double standards for this sort of thing.

DC "how did those lot get on down the road", "Oh happy days" - LEGEND

Wolves manager going mental in our stands after their winner - LEGEND

Windass - LEGEND

Plymouth manager last season having a go  - DISGUSTING, should be chucked out the league for nearly causing a riot.

Presnting a bottle to Sir Colin Daniel - DISGUSTING

Trescothick rinsing them - Say no more

Plenty more examples of the double standards. It is to be expected.

2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Sorry to hear that, Miah  

I expect he had something to do with that dodgy pen last night .     :innocent06:

• Haha 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

How tinpot. Even the actual club reacting like a spoilt kid ? might as well put their thumb to their nose,  nah  nah nah nah nah ????

D55166C9-A09D-4B1E-AD0A-92E309848C7D.png

Hate to say I just see this as harmless banter

Am sure it will go backwards and forwards all season

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

A very stupid joke, yes. 

But many of you are perfect examples of the modern disease that is chucking your toys out of the pram in front of your keyboards. 

There are people in YOUR street barely able to feed their kids, suffering depression without friends and family, unable to pay their bills. They are far more deserving of your disgust and intolerance of their plight. 

Invest your energy in helping them perhaps?

Invest my energy in being there for people when I know about it and calling out ***** who think making jokes about suicide is ok.

Nobody in my street barely able to feed their kids btw but I totally get your point, its just that you can do both is my point.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

GENESIS-and-then-there-were-three-LP-197

Of the six Rovers' group companies:

Filton Avenue Guarantee Company was dissolved via compulsory strike off for not filing accounts a couple of months ago

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06912935/filing-history

Filton Avenue Development Company has just been dissolved via compulsory strike off for not filing accounts

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06828864/filing-history

The Memorial Stadium Development Company has just been dissolved via compulsory strike off for not filing accounts

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06829025/filing-history

Leaving:

Bristol Rovers 1883 - Holding Co

Memeorial Stdium Company - Ground owner

Bristol Rovers FC - Football club

Which is the same structure that we have; all shares are owned in the holding co which in turn owns the club and ground separately.

This could be interpreted as tidying the group structure with the total assets of all three dormant companies being just £200; though there are far better ways to go about it than failing to file accounts and being struck off.

However...

These companies are just what you set up when you are undertaking a major develpment project, I guess they were in place for the UWE, so that it is in a separate company so that if everything goes wrong then only that company goes and not the group (assuming no parent company guarantees).  There is nothing shady in this; it's standard practice for development projects.

And yet:

WAQ has said that the fruit market site is so good to go that he expects a finished development there in two years.

Now obviously he has got a bit carried away there but if you are seriously intending to go into a big development project then the very first thing that you do is set up new companies to take the risk.  Exactly such companies that have just been allowed to be dissolved.

With the inference being drawn:

That whether or not the fruit market site is a runner for a new stadium it will be, like the Colony "training ground", a Dwane Sports asset and not the property of Bristol Rovers.

I would suggest monitoring the filings and the setting up of any associate companies of these two companies for any changes:

DWANE DEVELOPMENTS UK LIMITED

Company number 11253528

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11253528/filing-history

WIZTEK LIMITED

Company number 10664221

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10664221/filing-history

Edit: @bert tann any expansion?  You often have an inside track.

Edited by Eddie Hitler
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

GENESIS-and-then-there-were-three-LP-197

Of the six Rovers' group companies:

Filton Avenue Guarantee Company was dissolved via compulsory strike off for not filing accounts a couple of months ago

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06912935/filing-history

Filton Avenue Development Company has just been dissolved via compulsory strike off for not filing accounts

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06828864/filing-history

The Memorial Stadium Development Company has just been dissolved via compulsory strike off for not filing accounts

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06829025/filing-history

Leaving:

Bristol Rovers 1883 - Holding Co

Memeorial Stdium Company - Ground owner

Bristol Rovers FC - Football club

Which is the same structure that we have; all shares are owned in the holding co which in turn owns the club and ground separately.

This could be interpreted as tidying the group structure with the total assets of all three dormant companies being just £200; though there are far better ways to go about it than failing to file accounts and being struck off.

However...

These companies are just what you set up when you are undertaking a major develpment project, I guess they were in place for the UWE, so that it is in a separate company so that if everything goes wrong then only that company goes and not the group (assuming no parent company guarantees).  There is nothing shady in this; it's standard practice for development projects.

And yet:

WAQ has said that the fruit market site is so good to go that he expects a finished development there in two years.

Now obviously he has got a bit carried away there but if you are seriously intending to go into a big development project then the very first thing that you do is set up new companies to take the risk.  Exactly such companies that have just been allowed to be dissolved.

With the inference being drawn:

That whether or not the fruit market site is a runner for a new stadium it will be, like the Colony "training ground", a Dwane Sports asset and not the property of Bristol Rovers.

I would suggest monitoring the filings and the setting up of any associate companies of these two companies for any changes:

DWANE DEVELOPMENTS UK LIMITED

Company number 11253528

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11253528/filing-history

WIZTEK LIMITED

Company number 10664221

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10664221/filing-history

Edit: @bert tann any expansion?  You often have an inside track.

In summary

So anything regarding development and investing in the future is no more.

What a surprise 

26 minutes ago, weepywall said:

To be fair can't blame them for celebrating their 1st round league cup victory, don't forget they are the only league club in the history of the competion to fail to reach the 1st round after losing a qualifier. ????

Nope, they can't even claim to be unique there; it happened again a few years later.

I think AFC Wimbledon were the failures that time but can't find it on a quick search.

6 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Nope, they can't even claim to be unique there; it happened again a few years later.

I think AFC Wimbledon were the failures that time but can't find it on a quick search.

1 minute ago, hail gus cesaer said:

They were the first but not the only! Wimbledon have as well in 2012 

Correct, just found it.

2002/03

Preliminary round

A preliminary round was necessary to reduce the number of teams by one, because of the extra UEFA Cup place awarded to newly relegated Ipswich Town through the Fair Play league.

Tie no Home team Score Away team Date
1 Bristol Rovers 0–2 Boston United 20 August 2002

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002–03_Football_League_Cup

2011/12

Preliminary round

Times up to and including the fourth round are BST (UTC+1). Times from the quarter-finals onwards are GMT (UTC±0).

Due to newly relegated (and League Cup title holders) Birmingham City having a bye to the third round following qualification to the Europa League and the extra Europa League berth awarded to Fulham through the Fair Play league, newly promoted AFC Wimbledon and Crawley Town played each other in a preliminary round. The draw for the round took place on 13 June with Crawley Town at home. This was the first need for a Preliminary Round since the 2002–03 season.

29 July 2011 Crawley Town (4) 3–2 AFC Wimbledon (4) Broadfield Stadium, Crawley
19:45 Akpan Goal 38'
Torres Goal 53'
Tubbs Goal 64'
Report L. Moore Goal 26'
Midson Goal 46'
Attendance: 3,204
Referee: Darren Deadman (Cambridgeshire)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011–12_Football_League_Cup

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Preliminary round

A preliminary round was necessary to reduce the number of teams by one, because of the extra UEFA Cup place awarded to newly relegated Ipswich Town through the Fair Play league.

Tie no Home team Score Away team Date
1 Bristol Rovers 0–2 Boston United 20 August 2002

Shamed and humiliated.

Cuckold Rovers.