IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Now on page 1100 and the late accounts filing Sags continue to hemorrhage money at a rate of, how much per week now and the debt against the stadium has reached its limit.

At least the Fruit Market is ripe for developement, or it will be in 2 years.  Personally I think it will take a lot more than that to ripen if it ever does.

Meanwhile, some mysterious, probably non-existent individuals are going to stump up somewhere in the region of 60 million pounds for this white elephant to house a dwindling 8,000 loyal and blue fanbase.

And the incestuous sods are still lapping it up gleefully.

Even Twentypence is too embarrassed to admit that he might prefer the other team in Bristol ?

Edited by wendyredredrobin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Now on page 1100 and the late accounts filing Sags continue to hemorrhage money at a rate of, how much per week now and the debt against the stadium has reached its limit.

At least the Fruit Market is ripe for developement, or it will be in 2 years.  Personally I think it will take a lot more than that to ripen if it ever does.

Meanwhile, some mysterious, probably non-existent individuals are going to stump up somewhere in the region of 60 million pounds for this white elephant to house a dwindling 8,000 loyal and blue fanbase.

Even Twentypence is too embarrassed to admit that he might prefer the other team in Bristol ?

Watch Marvellous Marvin the gashead divert public funds to help this "scheme"

• Like 1

Talk of them signing Adelekun? Not heard anything myself. Wouldn’t mind it aslong as he is as good as Akinde was for them. Laughable how one Sag mentions about them helping one of ours develop ?? highly unlikely. Also I’d like to point out when Wally said that there will be no more transfer dealings between us both, can’t move the goalposts when it suits you, if it was down to me I’d tell them to piss right off.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

There are some within the camp too. There is a lad who I have heard about through friends of friends called Zac Ford. He plays for their U18's but is dyed in the wool City. I don't do Twitter, but I was shown his tweets, almost all about City, one begging for a striker just before the deadline, another sad face regarding Marlon leaving, etc. Even their own players prefer us.

• Hmmm 1

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

There are some within the camp too. There is a lad who I have heard about through friends of friends called Zac Ford. He plays for their U18's but is dyed in the wool City. I don't do Twitter, but I was shown his tweets, almost all about City, one begging for a striker just before the deadline, another sad face regarding Marlon leaving, etc. Even their own players prefer us.

Was there any need to give his name out?

• Like 7

8 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Talk of them signing Adelekun? Not heard anything myself. Wouldn’t mind it aslong as he is as good as Akinde was for them. Laughable how one Sag mentions about them helping one of ours develop ?? highly unlikely. Also I’d like to point out when Wally said that there will be no more transfer dealings between us both, can’t move the goalposts when it suits you, if it was down to me I’d tell them to piss right off.

I think slagchat user "stuartcampbell" (grimmest name) is suggesting that there's been rumours of them wanting to sign one of our U23 boys on loan, and he simply recommended Adelekun. If the rumour of them wanting to sign one of ours is true, I'd probably think it'd be Adelekun. Was very successful at Scunthorpe before joining us. They desperately need a winger. I think he needs a loan to League One if there's ever any chance of him breaking into the first team. Doesn't seem resoundingly unrealistic. Doubt it thought because of Wally's comments, but I think it's difficult. Nowadays rival clubs don't really seem to hate each other anywhere near as much as rival fans do. Some of our current and ex-players are great mates with current and ex-Rovers players (e.g Reid and Harrison, or a lot of our players commenting on Chris Lines' post confirming he was leaving the sags last season). So whilst we dream of the sags crawling to us and begging us to sign a player, we won't turn it down if the deal makes sense just because it's them, which is something I and almost everyone on this forum would say we definitely would.

A sidenote, would you really want him to fail if he signed for them on loan? I can understand permanent, but he's still OUR player even if he's on loan to them. And I'd wish for him to do well for them, after all then we could claim yet again to have stolen their best player...

8 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Hahaha his Twitter looool not quiet about it is e

1 hour ago, Mattyisared said:

I think slagchat user "stuartcampbell" (grimmest name) is suggesting that there's been rumours of them wanting to sign one of our U23 boys on loan, and he simply recommended Adelekun. If the rumour of them wanting to sign one of ours is true, I'd probably think it'd be Adelekun. Was very successful at Scunthorpe before joining us. They desperately need a winger. I think he needs a loan to League One if there's ever any chance of him breaking into the first team. Doesn't seem resoundingly unrealistic. Doubt it thought because of Wally's comments, but I think it's difficult. Nowadays rival clubs don't really seem to hate each other anywhere near as much as rival fans do. Some of our current and ex-players are great mates with current and ex-Rovers players (e.g Reid and Harrison, or a lot of our players commenting on Chris Lines' post confirming he was leaving the sags last season). So whilst we dream of the sags crawling to us and begging us to sign a player, we won't turn it down if the deal makes sense just because it's them, which is something I and almost everyone on this forum would say we definitely would.

A sidenote, would you really want him to fail if he signed for them on loan? I can understand permanent, but he's still OUR player even if he's on loan to them. And I'd wish for him to do well for them, after all then we could claim yet again to have stolen their best player...

The key though is Wael of Fortune's stupid kneejerk comment after the Taylor signing. It's obvious now that LJ and Clarke must have had a reasonable relationship and it has continued at Walsall. They probably could have had a couple of youngsters on loan each season if they hadn't thrown their toys out of the pram and Wael hadn't pandered to the mob

• Like 2

On 13/08/2019 at 06:18, sticks 1969 said:

I think most rovers fans with any sense will openly admit we are absolutely light years ahead in every department on and off the pitch . You only have to look at what we have spent this summer to see the gap between the 2 clubs ,and to be totally honest I can’t see the gap getting any closer in near future 

I had to stop reading after that bit.

12 hours ago, Loon plage said:

Watch Marvellous Marvin the gashead divert public funds to help this "scheme"

He has scrapped a stadium down the road after millions already being spent on it, now surely he couldn't back a stadium literally up the road could he?? A Rovers fan himself so surely a conflict of interest. Some cynics would say he knew this was in the pipeline so scrapped the Temple Meads stadium to help his own football club out....

3 hours ago, Mattyisared said:

Wouldn’t wish him to fail no but imo apart from playing every week I see no other reason for him to go there, he’d be joining a shit team fighting relegation all season, when he could pretty much have the choice of pretty much the whole of L1.

11 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Wouldn’t wish him to fail no but imo apart from playing every week I see no other reason for him to go there, he’d be joining a shit team fighting relegation all season, when he could pretty much have the choice of pretty much the whole of L1.

Exactly - I wouldn't let him go there at all. Plenty of teams he could go on loan to, so why would anyone want to give them any help whatsoever?

28 minutes ago, wood_red said:

He has scrapped a stadium down the road after millions already being spent on it, now surely he couldn't back a stadium literally up the road could he?? A Rovers fan himself so surely a conflict of interest. Some cynics would say he knew this was in the pipeline so scrapped the Temple Meads stadium to help his own football club out....

I sincerely hope its being watched closely by Mr Lansdown.

The logical place to spend money is the arena site whether an arena goes there or not because it is the logical extension of Temple Quarter.

Leaving a big fuckoff gap to then provide infrastructure enabling a development of contaminated land (plus market) probably using CPO powers to displace dozens of businesses to allow a club that already has a stadium it doesn't fill, to have someone build them another one twice the size.

He wouldn't try that would he ? Don't be surprised if he gives it a go.

Someone on asschat also queried his relationship with the owners of Filton but I think that may have been pure speculation....

No chance we should let adelukan go there on loan. 

Firstly we’d need a club who could pay at least half of his wages to make it financially worthwhile, I doubt they would be a in a position to do that. 

Secondly their football in the first two games has apparently been crap, surely we want our youngsters playing in sides who try and play decent football?

And finally who knows what the reception he’d get over there would be like? You wouldn’t put it past some of them to give him hate because he’s a ‘ted’, that would do him no good whatsoever 

There will be a good few league one clubs who would want him, we’d have much better options than them

Edited by JBFC II
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

No chance we should let adelukan go there on loan. 

Firstly we’d need a club who could pay at least half of his wages to make it financially worthwhile, I doubt they would be a in a position to do that. 

Secondly their football in the first two games has apparently been crap, surely we want our youngsters playing in sides who try and play decent football?

And finally who knows what the reception he’d get over there would be like? You wouldn’t put it past some of them to give him hate because he’s a ‘ted’, that would do him no good whatsoever 

There will be a good few league one clubs who would want him, we’d have much better options than them

Agreed, both club and fans would love nothing better than to see us crash and burn so we should do nothing to help them whatsoever.

If Adelakun is so crap that Rovers is considered a good loan arrangement then someone seriously ****** up recruitment on that one as there must be better options for both club and player !

Edited by Loon plage

They are getting annoyed with each other over the possibility of them taking one of our youth players on loan.

I guess some of them have the hump because their manager has realised that our youth are better than some their first team. And others don't want a gurt Ted playing for them.

My concern is that if we were to loan one of players to a lower league club with no facilities, then their training and development might suffer at the hands of a club that train on fox shit.

Add to that, the one bad performance and the abuse from the terraces could knock their confidence.

Plus. Why would we help them?